It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even if God(s) Existed, I Wouldn't Worship Him/Them

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
Says the OP that brings the topic up.

I think the problem on the world today is people like to preach their beliefs religious and atheist....

Actually I am the OP, not Klass.

I don't go around preaching my beliefs or lack thereof. But I do sometimes find places where such things are openly discussed and I share my opinion and seek the opinions of others.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
If the two of us were living in a perfect universe and you wanted to continue in your selfish life instead of being transformed in to a being of love, I would want you dead too.

Maybe we have different ideas of what love means.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ScrewGmail

What does morality have to do with whether or not one believes, lacks belief, or doesn't know?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
If I were to tell you there is an advanced alien race zipping around our solar system but they have technology that keeps them completely invisible. We literally don't possess the ability to see/detect them in any way. Would you believe me? Would you believe they were in fact flying around say the Moon or Mars?

People like my grandma would. In fact she literally does believe in a scenario like what you just describe above!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Well it can be in both ways. They can be advanced aliens or the Universe/The Force (I am the follower of the Jedi Philosophy) manifests in different ways. For example, for guidance I would call for the Spirit of Wisdom aka Sophia.

edit on 20-10-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

So "Live Free or Die" is basically your motto.

So what you're saying is even if you had a Saul/Paul type revelation where Jesus himself appeared to you and said evolution is wrong, my father and I created this universe and all life in it.
You would just give them the finger and tell them to leave you alone; interesting.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Silenthill666007

Being a hateful person or hating religion can lead to attitude of not caring and not being a creature of love.

Atheists are more than capable of being loving people. Just because some atheists express disdain for religion doesn’t mean they are angry, non-caring people. That’s an absolutely ridiculous thing to think. Hating religion does not = being a hateful person. That would be like me saying you hating communism [or whatever] means you’re a hateful person.

Littering because who cares, hurting other people cause who cares , using cigarettes and drugs because who cares and maybe you atheists don't care about your selfs.

I’m sorry are you drawing a connecting between those things and atheists?? Care to paraphrase or elaborate?...

I have seen lots of angry , vengeful people on this site

So have I. Many of which are religious.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

LOL I think you missed the entire concept of "faith" and "belief". It's not God who needs to prove His worth to us, it's us that need to prove our worth to Him.

Which religion? If it's the 'God of Abraham' then I don't need faith. I know that 'god' hasn't proven itself worthy of my worship. Like the OP said, for sake of argument let's assume he exists. So the Bible is also true. That's what I'm basing my judgment on. That monster is not worthy.

If it's not a religious deity, but a Creator god that is actually omnibenevolent, omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent, then I still wouldn't need faith. I would know that being was worthy of worship. Religious gods, however, couldn't be further from this.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Atheists can be just a$$ holes. They can be good people in real life, but that disdain for religion can transfer into other parts of life. Here when people talk about religion some people can't take it and it's like there head explodes and they start chanting scientific facts to try to disprove religion. You can see some of there egos in their posts. Pride comes to mind , and how many other seven deadly sins do they obsess in? They don't have respect or care about other people. If there is no consequence for your actions who cares, why not do whatever you want. They try to punch holes in the faithful here, in people that don't want to hear there opinion. They push it on us, like devils advocate, you could believe that or .....

I watch Bill Maher or used to when I had HBO. They can be normal people. They can also be a$$holes who make fun of the religious like it's there favorite hobby. They can cruel without mercy with vengeance in their eyes. Did you ever see the South Park where they said "let's kill God" they were agnostics or Mormans I think. That's what I see when I read through your posts. You can't just let be have to interject trying to kill God.

Outside the Internet, most of the world is religious. I went to church to 4th grade then got kicked out of Sunday school cause my mom couldn't afford it. In high school lost, I watched tv and lived my life. I used to listen to Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails and Trent Reznor hates religion. Also used to listen to a lot of goth or punk bands with dark lyrics, one was Fear Factory. They have a song " Replica", starts with " there is no God, " then later they say " that is not a world I want to live in". I listened to this music everyday and got a sarcastic attitude towards religion. Before I gave it a chance, there are a lot of religious undertones in my own life and I had to climb a mountain over ten years to get enlightenment, like a biblical character. Like Neo, I have something different from me and all the messiahs of the world. ( he said there were 5 or 6 others and I always assumed he meant messiahs or the one like Neo and the prophecy, they treated him like a messiah, the one who wears black) Love. I did without and learned the hard way of a woman's worth. I am now a man so I put away childish things my CDs , people trying to look cool or appeal to an age group and sell a product. I grew up and look at life differently.

Why was this thread even started? Even if God existed , I wouldn't worship him. Who cares. Some ass is bashing God to make himself feel better or more intelligent than people of faith. And all his atheist cronies show up and it's like rabid wolves surrounding prey. This thread or another, someone said I believe in truth. 1.8 billion people are Christian / catholic and leaders and actors and musicians and presidents and we got this gang of kids or a$$holes here on ATS that are always interjecting their hate and disdain for religion. Like the movie Joe Dirt," is this what you wanna be doing when Jesus comes back".

I know you people believe in something else. Lack of a deity or deities and nothing I guess. Just always playing "let's kill God". I got to read it sometimes.
edit on 21-10-2015 by Silenthill666007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I agree with you, If god, (which god), created his angles, and his favorite angel was Luz belle, god ordered him to create angels, disobeyed him made more angels, supposedly to revel from god. Later cast him out and even changed his name to Lucifer.

It simply doesn't make sense.

1- This angel had not been thought nothing but good thing, where would he get the bad ideas.

2- There was no one to record the events, more less the wordings that are being written in the bible..

3- When supposedly, god made earth, he then created animals, and Adam, later Eva, and instructed them not to eat of the
apple three. God knows everything , present future and past, not only that he already had full experience with his first creation of angels, how could a god assumed that these pair of knew beings would not disobey him. Knowing that god himself in the for of Jesus would later have to come to die in a cross, and he knew that his casted favorite angel was around the neighborhood. God also had to known that Luz belle would interfere, after all he knows everything.

4- When the bible was written, very few people knew how to write nor read (only kings had that privilege), if one was found just looking at the pictures, they would be killed.

5- A god would not punish any one for questioning his existence, It would be as if my son would ask me, (dad are you really my dad). I don't think I would punish him for that. I would get a DNA to prove to him that in fact I was the dad. Not because his mother told him I was his dad, I would blindly and faithfully believe her. But I would never punish my son for not believing that I was his dad. I can debate any passage of the bible and still not believe in it.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

NO one knows for a fact that a god is a he nor a she. Most people refer to god as he. NO one knows that a god does exists nor that does not exist. I respect people and their religion regardless of what it is. But I have seen too many religions believers doing wrong to others, and killing for not believing in their religion. There is more bad religious believers then non believers.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Atheists can be just a$$ holes.

Of course they can. They are just people. Great people. Terrible people. Everything in between.

they start chanting scientific facts to try to disprove religion

Religion has been disproven. Religion makes claims about the natural World that is completely contrary to modern evidence. What is still open to possibility is general metaphysical concepts. Like 'god' and the afterlife, etc. That's because these are things we simply cannot address empirically.

If there is no consequence for your actions who cares, why not do whatever you want.

We dont need religion to be moral. Morality is not the sole domain of religion. Secular people can, and often are, very good moral people. There are lots of consequences for ones actions right here on Earth. If the only reason you're a good person is because you want reward in Heaven, or to avoid torment in Hell, then that speaks volumes about your motives for being a good person. What about being a good person for the sake of being a good person? I guess you can't relate to that?...

That's what I see when I read through your posts. You can't just let be have to interject trying to kill God.

I don't believe there is a religious god to kill. I don't believe religious gods exist to begin with. I'm an antitheist. I'm not trying to hide that fact from my posts. Glad you noticed.

Why was this thread even started? Even if God existed , I wouldn't worship him.

WakeUpBeer was challenging a religious person to give reasons why their particular deity was worthy of worship. I myself don't see reason to think any of them are.

I know you people believe in something else.

We believe in a myriad of things. I believe in love, friendship, art, humanity, medicine, technological progress, etcetera.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

So you are saying your smarter than leaders, actors, musicians and presidents? Practically all the world besides ATS. Your answer to the great question is true and all the others aren't? Something , something here. Life is an accident. Meaningless. Just breed and be a brick in the wall of the species. When I die my body will decompose and feed the plants and worms and the circle of life continues.

There are a lot of things your science can't explain. So keep believing in nothing and wait for answers. I already have mine. Maybe you can call Einstein or Bill Nye the science guy your leader or messiah. All the answers you can't explain just yell," SOMETHING , SOMETHING HERE" .

Edit****** in the matrix video game it says"we changed the ending because the Jesus thing doesn't go over so well in games, prepare for 20 minutes of the Hulk vs Galactis". The matrix movies were a story of messiah complex. Saving the world sacrificing yourself. Dualism , 2 , the Devils Christ , the Antichrist. This is his story. Fighting the agents till self sacrifice wipes them both out. Remember. Soon, you will know if you don't already.

edit on 21-10-2015 by Silenthill666007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

He's saying exactly what I'm saying (I think). That the world's religions are easily proven false. However, the concept of something beyond ourselves has not been.

In other words, specific Gods can be proven not to actually exist. IMO.

Just because the masses believe something doesn't make it true.

If that was the case.. than which religion has the one truth?

..Exactly.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I thought I was clear. I'm saying religious gods and what we know about the nature of the Universe are incompatible. It's the reasonable position to disbelieve in religious gods. There could very well be a "god" in the sense of some Prime Mover. Who knows? I don't. We can't know.

There are a lot of things your science can't explain.

Exactly. I even said that in my post. Science can't address purely metaphysical things. So for instance, if I made the claim that when we die we get to choose a super power and continue living in an afterlife with other super heroes, no one could prove or disprove this. Science couldn't touch it. Belief in it would be entirely one of faith.

What science can do is explain the Natural World. Which it continues to do through discovery. Obviously there is much left to discover.

So keep believing in nothing

I listed things I believe in for you. In the post you just replied to.

I already have mine.

Great. If that works for you. I weigh evidence over faith. That's just my approach in life.
edit on 21-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I wasn't going to reply again, but just wanted to say there are a lot of backhanded comments by you people. You probably don't even realize it just talking. God doesn't exist, God has been disproven, religion is already been proven false, etc. I came back to this site after almost eight years ago finding for the first time. Forgot about the EVERYDAY crap from the atheists. I ......it's almost too unbeilable to say , but I was given a mission by the government. Since last been online I have been in the community with friends and family who are faithful. Then come here and you atheist people are F in annoying.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Sorry I annoy you.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

It's just the other end of the spectrum buddy.

Not trying to be annoying.

I'm sorry you feel only people who believe in Gods have the right to talk about them.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
In March of 2012 my mom was diagnosed with stage four cancer. They couldn't operate. They gave her a year to live. She was 53 . Young to get cancer. I watched her lose her hair in chemo and have to use oxygen machines to breathe. She said she believes that Jesus Christ was her savior . She tried writing a journal to my sister about when she got married , advice, but got to upset to do it. I was there the night she fell outta bed and couldn't breathe rushed to the hospital and was pronounced dead. I stranded over her body and said I will see you again. My faith wasn't that grounded and sometimes I had my doubts, even know my faith is stronger but not complete or all encompassing.

Do you people even realize what's going on or do you just think I am going to destroy something today and laugh. For an ego trip or to feel superior intellectually. I saw someone an atheist talking about quantum physics or black holes in detail once trying to speak over everyone else on the thread. Yeah science is great we all know but you atheist people try going on crusades to kill God. I found this site cause of the NWO, I didn't realize I was going to have to be on during the crusades of nerdy fat ugly social misfits trying to feel superior over EVERYONE else in the WORLD. When you put down your computer or laptop what do you see? No one is like you. I came here for conspiracies and get subject to people trying to destroy religion. I read in another thread people thought the owner might step in against "you people".

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I'm not trying to destroy anyone's personal faith. All I have done is share my views on the subject. Which is exactly what goes on from all sides on an internet forum. Particular in the religious subforums..

I have stated my views in my OP but didn't attack anyone for their's.

I certainly didn't rant about them or call them "you people".

I am not bothered you are religious, 666007. Ironic username.

edit on 10-21-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join