It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even if God(s) Existed, I Wouldn't Worship Him/Them

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
As many know, I am an atheist. To be clear on my position, it is this: I lack an iota of belief in any of the gods and goddesses claimed to exist, ever. In fact, I go so far as to say they are all easily proven as non existent. That said, I am open to the concept of "a god" of some "sort". For arguments sake, let me consider things if I am wrong, and gods do exist. I wouldn't bend the knee to any of them. I challenge you to name a single deity that would be worthy of enough of my praise and admiration that I should actually consider worshiping it, and why.

edit on 10-18-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I challenge you to name a single deity that would be worthy of enough of my praise and admiration that I should actually consider worshiping it, and why.

Whoever created everything and because your here to even question them.

I'll never understand athiesm. I consider myself agnostic, but I believe we were created. Maybe we are just a byproduct and serve no purpose, or maybe it's all for us.

Either way, I'm thankful.

Ghost

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer I challenge you to name a single deity that would be worthy of enough of my praise and admiration that I should actually consider worshiping it, and why.

Yourself?

After-all, who else will if you don't?

If my wife is reading, it is her.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Have you ever wondered why you care about this subject so much?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Have you ever wondered why you care about this subject so much?

Because it's a topic that keeps coming up, whether or not one cares. Sooner rather than later, it's going to be in your face. Again.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

In short, human psychology.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Requiring worship is for egomaniacs, the real God/Source/Divine doesn't require worship because that implies it lacks something and the divine lacks nothing because it has everything already.

I'd say disregard the mainstream interpretation of what God is and look at it as an all-encompassing presence. The universe around you would be a good place to start, it's so beautiful and magnificent in every facet. Once you see that, look where the universe is located. Within you because you are the way in which it manifests itself.

The universe, you, do not require worship and neither does God.
edit on 10/18/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

What if someone could prove that all the religious texts say that God is Love? I mean all the Love inside of you.

Even if you don't believe that God is actually Love. Would you be willing to make Love the reason for every action?

edit on 18-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Trying to put this as simply as possible. From my study of Christianity I believe what is going on is this. This so called world we live in is not actually reality. It's artificial. Literally we're living in a matrix. And the purpose of it all is to act as a test bed where individuals are created and tested. And someday judged and those found worthy will be elevated out of here to a new reality (heaven). Or rejected and destroyed (hell)

Now why would you want to worship a God? What if religion is 20 % of the grade and a passing is 81?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The idea that a creator would want to be worshipped does seem pretty antiquated. Creating an entire universe for the sole purpose of being worshipped is kinda self centered and childish.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Fine. Don't.

Why do I need to name any deity to you? You will either find one or you won't. That's your choice. If you've been around here for any length of time, you've seen the threads with the message, and you know what it is.

You'll either see it or you won't. I'm not going to play your game and grovel and beg. In the end, whatever happens will be between you and God ... or it won't. Perhaps you are correct. That's not my belief, but it seems to be yours. I wish you every luck in that play.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I dunno because you have the ability to live and think and feel? You get to freely look at the beauty of our world and the amazing things that can happen. It not all roses but its better then not living and experiencing life.

Life isn't fair but no God or Gods is making any choice for you

I feel like if I did meet my creator I would bend a knee

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Hmmmm everything you say.......?
I bet said deity doesn't have a ping pong table!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I challenge you to name a single deity that would be worthy of enough of my praise and admiration that I should actually consider worshiping it, and why.

How about the deity that saw fit to create you in a time and place where you can freely trash Him on the internet from the comfort of your living room whilst sipping a frosty brew?

You know, instead of sticking you in some war-ravaged disease-ridden medieval hell hole.

How about a little gratitude for that?
edit on 10/18/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
no one has ever said it better than George Carlin.

RIP
edit on 18-10-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
If god is all knowing and all powerful why would he be so shallow that everyone has to worship him?

I think god exists I just dont think he gives a S%%%..

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I don't believe in a deity that requires we worship It. I do believe we were created and are here to learn about ourselves and the world around us. I think most people here would agree we are here to become better versions of ourselves. As long as we do that it doesn't matter what you believe about God.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Not everybody who practices a deity-based religion "worships" them. Many paths hold to various relationships with their gods. Personally, I "work with" my pantheon as opposed to "worship". If there is any knee-bending, it is done out of respect, not worship.

Having a personal relationship with the divine is far more rewarding than an eternal quest for an unattainable forgiveness some of the major world religions seem to chase.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

No thanks, you can bait, but I don't have to take it.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TOMFROMOZ
a reply to: Isurrender73

Hmmmm everything you say.......?
I bet said deity doesn't have a ping pong table!

Well I hope if your playing ping pong you love ping pong or you love the person you play ping pong with.

Or at least your playing because you love to kill time.

edit on 18-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join