It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Request. Psychics : Please Help.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Millions

Hi Millions,

I should start by saying that I can't help as you'd like me to. I don't know your friend Jamie, but I've been to his garden many times - it is absolutely stunning. There's something new to see and explore every time I go. I've also seen his father in the paper from time to time, and my heart breaks for him. Not knowing where his son is must be the worst possible situation any parent can find themselves in.

It feels like the Vietnam police aren't doing enough to help, well that's just my take on it from reading articles every now and then. I'm just hoping that as he left without his passport, he's unable to prove his identity and so is stuck somewhere near Sapa. I really hope he's alive still, and will be found soon.

B x

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Wouldn't you think he'd phone for help in that case?

a reply to: AlongCamePaul

originally posted by: AlongCamePaul

originally posted by: tony9802

originally posted by: AlongCamePaul

originally posted by: swanne
What we need is Vietnam authorities to finally initiate an investigation. So far the embassies have put pressure but got no result from Vietnam.

They will not get far due to the sensitive fact that, he is a government asset. Which would make his presence in vietnam a hostile one. Especially if they found out who he is.

Then AlongCameMary..I will call your bluff, since I do not believe that you are sincere in your assessment, or your reading rather..

We are all entitled to our opinions.

However might I point out that the guys name is Jamie, I pulled in Jessie before I even opened the article. That is called a hit.

Also after looking at his picture I can confirm he was a government agent. Firefighting was his initial cover. Look how low his brows sit over his eyes. They say that he has seen things.

He was also in good shape. Which is essential for clandestine services.

Believe what you will, but some things just cant be explained.

Er, that sounds a bit grandiose to me. Interesting, but kinda out-there. A heavy brow isn't an indication of anything. All eyes have seen things. And I fear that over-complicating the matter is just going to open up more questions than answers.

So, let's pretend that he was just a botanist looking for plants who was on an excursion to Vietnam in search of new specimens. Going off of that, what do you think happened? I commend you on your hit--but I'm not thinking that you can look at a picture and go whoop there's a government agent! Typically, people who are actually agents don't look like agents--which is why they're agents. Just my opinion. I'm curious as to yours if the conspiracy aspect is taken out. Not saying that you're wrong, but would you mind looking at it from a different angle?
edit on 17-10-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I'm hoping the man's alive, rukia. I don't know how easy it is to come across phones in remote villages in Thailand. If he could have phoned, he would have - unless he has amnesia which is a wild 'hope' I suppose, but possible and I'm sure his family have already considered that possibilty.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Jamie Taggart, runs Linn Botanic Gardens in Cove, on the Rosneath peninsula, Scotland. Mr. Taggart, age 41, is a retained firefighter. That is written in the bbc article.

I would not believe that he was a secret agent of any sort..I suppose the OP would be the best person to describe Mr. Taggart's general schedule and list of day to day activities..
edit on 17-10-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Also after looking at his picture I can confirm he was a government agent. Firefighting was his initial cover. Look how low his brows sit over his eyes. They say that he has seen things.

Very interesting. So government agent, eh? For the SNP? What is it you think the Scottish government need to find out secretly about Vietnam? Salmond was quite openly chatting with China not so long ago, so why do we need spies?

edit on 17-10-2015 by beansidhe because: sp

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Yeah, same. It's interesting you say Thailand, though. I wonder what the chances are of him getting there from wherever he was in Vietnam. Definitely something for the OP to check into, though.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

?
I have no idea why I wrote Thailand, I meant Vietnam. (Don't read anything into that OP, I'm not claiming psychic prowess here).

My error, rukia, no idea what I was thinking at the time (other than Thailand, obviously
).

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I'm not so sure that that's legit--nowadays people in Vietnam have a generally good opinion of the West. Of course, there are always going to be mean and dangerous people, but I doubt he'd be the victim of some sort of foul play just because he's from Scotland.

Thanks, the mood may have changed, then again… Lots of land mines and unexploded ordnance laying about still, too.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I didn't know the history, sorry in general for the reference to drugs I made earlier.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No need to say sorry to me, at all! I'm no help in this thread really, but maybe keeping it going will get some more visitors to it? I wish I knew what had happened, and that maybe somehow drugs were involved, he's been arrested but he's still alive. I just can't bear to think of the alternative, that would be awful for his family to find out.
No news is maybe good news in this case - we can hope, at least.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I'm not so sure that that's legit--nowadays people in Vietnam have a generally good opinion of the West. Of course, there are always going to be mean and dangerous people, but I doubt he'd be the victim of some sort of foul play just because he's from Scotland.

Lots of land mines and unexploded ordnance laying about still, too.

And that was the first thing that came to mind. Hopefully not.
edit on 17-10-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
In reply to rukia and tony9,

I agree, it all seems a bit too much... and I havn't the slightest idea why scottish spies would be interested in the hills of nam.

I was just simply following my instincts.

As far as being able to read a persons face, it is not very hard at all it just requires practice.

I can tell very personal things about people such as their sexual orientation, names, favorite colors, work experience, and age with very little margin of error.

When I was pubesent. I was able to guess what number someone was thinking between 1-100 and could often tell if they had changed their number. I was also a pretty good name guesser.

Thats all I really can say about my history because my mother told me to discontinue honing the ability because we are not suppose to be able to do and know such things.

So I only help when people ask.

Im looking forward to hearing from the OP.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I didn't know the history, sorry in general for the reference to drugs I made earlier.

Nice to see someone is being apologetic at least..

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Millions

If I'm using Google Maps correctly, it looks like Sa Pa is only about 35km or 1 hour drive from the China border at Cau Ho Kieu. Might your friend have tried to venture across? Have you asked your government contacts to make inquiries of the Chinese government?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
No psychic here either, but perhaps a little curious.

Any word or knowledge of his last financial transactions? Sometimes that may yield a clue. Supposedly women there are beautiful, and western money goes much much further. Maybe he found a person/place that he liked and it could be one of those "disappearing on purpose" kind of things, and if so - it wouldn't be a first. (Southeast Asia along with Central or South America seems to be popular among western expats figuring a way for early retirement.) At least that would be among the more positive scenarios, even if it's not exactly being kind or straight-forward with friends and family.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Sorry for the delay in replying to the thread, everyone. I really appreciate all your help, insights and contributions.

In response to Detergent, yeah, that's actually quite likely (your suggestion that he may have crossed into China). He did something very similar to this before in fact, around 10 years ago (in order to access a region he shouldn't have been in whilst searching for a rare flower). I didn't realise his location was so close to the border - so I'll look into that.

And to answer another post earlier, Jamie's scheduled route has been searched thoroughly by locals a few times, without success, which makes me suspect that he went off the planned route, as he has done on previous trips.

I got quite an uncomfortable, uneasy feeling when I read the suggestion that he might have been involved in some shady government dealings. I genuinely don't think this could be true though. This is someone who just loves plants and nature - it is his great passion. I honestly believe his motivations on this trip were simple - to find rare plants to display in his public garden. He has done this on previous trips with success. And I know its almost a cliché in situations like this, but he really was (I just realised I'm writing in the past tense) a kind, good-natured, and... nice guy. I don't think there are any big secrets going on here in that sense. I appreciate your input though.

And yeah, he (and his dad) have spent years developing Linn Gardens - I know he is very proud of it and would appreciate the compliments. (Sorry I can't remember the names of all the folk posting in the thread and respond individually, I'm writing this on a tablet which is awkward for navigation...)
edit on 17-10-2015 by Millions because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I bet the Hotel he was last at where his ID Card is
Has an Idea of what happened to him
and there the clue ..

The Hotel ... in Sa Pa district

This is what My senses are telling me

he wasn't Killed nor Murdered..

but he has gotten involved ( wrong Place Wrong Timing )
in The Traffic Trade of Rare Traditional ( Black Market )
Medicine involving extremely rare plants
in Vietnam and Cambodia
and what he had on his possession was
on the endangered list a Pair Male and Female

I think He Traveled from Sa Pa to Son La .

the Question is Million what was the plant he was looking for ?

Magnolia Grandis ????

just a wild guess

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

I have no idea what plant he was looking for - sorry I can't be more helpful with that.

I always thought it was kinda cool, though - this guy backpacking through the jungle on the hunt for rare flowers and plants. Quite an adventure!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This guy was traveling in a very dangerous place. I'm no psychic but I think he could have run into soldiers in the area who were doing something that they didn't want known. They could have been Vietnamese, Chinese, Burmese, Laotian paramilitaries or regular troops doing something illegal, perhaps related to the drug trade.

I met a commando from WW2 once who said while on patrol behind German lines in France he and his companions executed several French civilians who had simply made the mistake of seeing them.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
There's a British embassy in Hanoi. www.gov.uk... Best of luck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join