It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Ready To Use Military Force If US Violates Its Territorial Waters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Except China is attacking US allies. So no. China needs to stop their bullying and stop their aggression. The US would be a fool to sit back and let China grow, as China has shown they have no regard for anyone, and someday, that will mean the US.

If China is willing to wage war, then it should be on the US's terms, not China's, when the US is far stronger, rather than after China catches up.

In short if war happens it's unavoidable due to Chinese aggression, and simply a matter of time.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

“China’s refusal to join the arbitration will cost it both from a legal standpoint and public-opinion view,” Casiple said. “It will be viewed by the global community as a rogue state that doesn’t recognize international law.”

Wait, that's me! No, it's not. Not. My. Opinion. It's just the paternalistic part of Casiple, speaking for himself.
Whatever.
Not rocognizing international law? Wait a second... wasn't there something that instantly came to mind? Not Sure, forget about it. Wasn't important anyway, still measuring di... ehm... carriers. *sigh*

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I am confused. Are you supporting China's position that they should not participate in international courts over territory and they can simply steal any land they want and add it to their country?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Well, if it comes down to fighting over resources, I don't see why China will back down on this.

I just think it's too much of concern for world peace. It's really a corncern, to see great countries openly threat each other.

The least US can do is avoid confrontation, since I don't think every citizen of both countries would want to see any conflict between this two.
edit on 16-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

As I explained, appeasement does not work. Hitler is proof. If a country is bent on war, war WILL happen. The only question is whether it will be on your terms or theirs.

If China starts a war over this then they are headed to war either way, the only question is when. When they are weaker, now, is far better.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Well if you talk about agressiom, china's modern history does not show it has waged countless wars on other nations.

Because, it was incapable militarially to defend against the Japs in WW2. It's a big country with a need to secure resources in the region, and it seems likely to wage war to any country who it sees as threat to it's national security.

My opinion is to avoid military confrontation, between the two. We all will suffer in any confrontation between econimical super powers such as the US and China.
edit on 17-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: It doesn't help wheeln your drunk..hic

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Building an artificial airfield in international waters is a direct threat to every Asian nation. WTH are you talking about? This is the Chinese flexing saying "make a move"

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

And this is a reason for war? Why don't we stop importing goods from China and tell them we aren't going to honor our debts to them if they don't come to the table to negotiate?

There are many options that fall short of military actions that need to be taken first. This is a UN issues, not a US issue. We are not the global police.
edit on 17-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

All i gotta say about these artificial islands is that if the USA was making airstrips in international waters people would be shi$$ing their pants and crying about US aggression

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Building an artificial airfield in international waters is a direct threat to every Asian nation. WTH are you talking about? This is the Chinese flexing saying "make a move"

China will not be the nation to start a war, with the US or a US ally. They won't even take,a definitive role against ISIS and everyone hates ISIS except maybe Saudi Arabia.

There is no reason for them to war with any of their neighbors. The only nation they are afraid of is the US. Obviously they feel they need this to protect themselves from US intervention.

And they see this as a necessary buffer zone. This is a UN problem. The US are not the world police.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Well, depends on how you see it, the US has the most bases world over.

So it just makes every country point fingers towards the US as the agressor.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

So the USA can break rules and start building artificial islands?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

When forced to decide between two party's here, who both give a damn about international law, I would equally slap both into their faces. Plainly spoken.
Kindergarten, that's how I would call this whole scenario. As if we don't have any Syriaous problems right now...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

All i gotta say about these artificial islands is that if the USA was making airstrips in international waters people would be shi$$ing their pants and crying about US aggression

And the US would tell the world to F off just like China is. We have bases all over the world that are pissing off neighbors. Are we going to remove our bases?

Again this is a UN problem. The US are not the world police, nor do our troops and their families want to be the world police.
edit on 17-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

So maybe China should start paying off smaller nations and building airstrips and leave international water alone?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

So the USA can break rules and start building artificial islands?

No, we do fine breaking the law in other ways,
like funding terrorist to overthrow sovereign governments.

And when we want more bases we always seem to get regime changes in those nations that alllow us to build more bases.

Which could be why China is reacting by trying to expand it's territorial boundaries to create a larger buffer zone.

link   

My point, exactly. Every great nation will do all it can to secure resources and are willing to protect national interests, that's just the sad fact.

link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

Well if you talk about agressiom, china's modern history does not show it has waged countless wars on other nations.

Tell that to their neighbors whom China is aggressive towards on a daily basis. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

And this is a reason for war? Why don't we stop importing goods from China and tell them we aren't going to honor our debts to them if they don't come to the table to negotiate?

There are many options that fall short of military actions that need to be taken first. This is a UN issues, not a US issue. We are not the global police.

Who said it's a reason for war? The US is simply going through international waters. The one starting the war would be China. If you think it's not reason for war tell them to do something different. Since China is actively engaging our allies, this IS a US issue.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Hitler is proof

Geez. You folks like to play this polemic, don't you?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join