It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Ready To Use Military Force If US Violates Its Territorial Waters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Isurrender73

So maybe China should start paying off smaller nations and building airstrips and leave international water alone?

This is option that China should be open too, if they can cine to financial and military agreements.

Honestly I don't know what the solution is. But the absolute last, and impossible to consider solution at this point is war.

War cannot be an option anymore.

link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

China will not be the nation to start a war, with the US or a US ally. They won't even take,a definitive role against ISIS and everyone hates ISIS except maybe Saudi Arabia.

Since I already quoted China saying they will not accept a UN resolution, and the fact China said they will fire first, your entire post is rendered meaningless and wrong.

China will not allow a UN solution, and have said they WILL start a war.

Your move.

link   

All i see are USA does this, USA does that not a valid argument. I think we should hold both nations accountable and stop with the retarded flexing. What is China scared of Japan and a US ground invasion? PLEASEEEEE

I know flexing when i see it

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

When forced to decide between two party's here, who both give a damn about international law, I would equally slap both into their faces. Plainly spoken.
Kindergarten, that's how I would call this whole scenario. As if we don't have any Syriaous problems right now...

I would say you look to see who is in the right on this one particular instance. China clearly is not.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Hitler is proof

Geez. You folks like to play this polemic, don't you?

It's merely one of many such instances, but it's one most people today know about. Appeasement does not work on a nation intent on expanding.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Depends who is waging wars and who is just threatening.

US has done nothing more than what China is doing. It's got everything to do with national secirity.
edit on 17-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

So maybe China should start paying off smaller nations and building airstrips and leave international water alone?

This is option that China should be open too, if they can cine to financial and military agreements.

Honestly I don't know what the solution is. But the absolute last, and impossible to consider solution at this point is war.

War cannot be an option anymore.

The US has bases. China does not want bases. They want to own the land. The equivalent to the US would be if we went to the Philippines and took some of their islands and claimed it was US territory.

There is no comparison.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

China will not be the nation to start a war, with the US or a US ally. They won't even take,a definitive role against ISIS and everyone hates ISIS except maybe Saudi Arabia.

Since I already quoted China saying they will not accept a UN resolution, and the fact China said they will fire first, your entire post is rendered meaningless and wrong.

China will not allow a UN solution, and have said they WILL start a war.

Your move.

Sticking my head between my legs and kissing my ass goodbye in a Nuclear War is not an option.

We haven't even discussed financial sanctions. The US has many allies and could seriously damage the Chinese economy.

The wealthy in China don't want war or sanctions. At some point they will have to make up their minds.

Everyone is reacting to US military insanity. Our leaders have shown no respect for the law. Why should China and Russia respect the law?
edit on 17-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Well maybe China should start building aircraft carriers so they can legally patrol the sea around China

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Sticking my head between my legs and kissing my ass goodbye in a Nuclear War is not an option.

We haven't even discussed financial sanctions. The US has many allies and could seriously damage the Chinese economy.

Thw wealthy in China don't want war or sanctions. At some point they will have to make up their minds.

That would be China's doing. You think China will attack if a ship gets close and will say ok we accept sanctions? Hilarious. China is saying accept our demands, give us everything we want, do nothing about it, or we will start a war.

And you are on China's side. So crazy.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I'm on the side of avoiding WW3 at all costs.

I have no other side to take. And currently we are talking about the waters off China's coast, and there is no reason to expect that they are a threat to their neighbors at this point.

It's people with your mentality that will start WW3. Whether it's China's fault or the US fault isn't going to make any F-ing deference in a WW3 scenario.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Everyone is reacting to US military insanity. Our leaders have shown no respect for the law. Why should China and Russia respect the law?

What does the US have to do with this? You support China's illegal confiscation of land belonging to other countries?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I have no other side to take. And currently we are talking about the waters off China's coast, and there is no reason to expect that they are a threat to their neighbors at this point.

No, we are not. We are talking about waters off the coast of Philippines, not China. That's the whole point here. It's like saying Mexico is off the coast of the US so it belongs to the US. Do you agree with that?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

What does the US have to do with this? You support China's illegal confiscation of land belonging to other countries?

I provided alternative solutions to flexing US military muscle. I don't condone China's behavior. I simply said that they may have a point about the space they need to protect themselves from US aircraft carriers.

If the US is the "Good Guys" then we should look at solutions that don't involve a US aircraft carrier.

Thier is no reason to believe that Chinese is a threat to the Philippines. They don't need those islands to take out the Philippines. But a US aircraft carrier is a threat to China.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

What about reconnaissance planes? I mean the US wouldn't be breaking international law since those waters are.... international

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Building an artificial airfield in international waters is a direct threat to every Asian nation. WTH are you talking about? This is the Chinese flexing saying "make a move"

There is no reason for them to war with any of their neighbors. The only nation they are afraid of is the US. Obviously they feel they need this to protect themselves from US intervention.

And they see this as a necessary buffer zone. This is a UN problem. The US are not the world police.

China won't start anything until they are absolutely sure they can succeed. But they will start. If you can change the status-quot(See BRICS), why wouldn't you?

Also you realize China and the US are on the UN security council right? How exactly would the UN do anything when it's key members are going at it? The UN 'Peacekeepers' cant do much in Africa let alone anywhere else. The UN is no better than the League of Nations.

As far as 'World Police', incidentally the UN has had the US help on more than one occasion, with a prime example being the UN-sanctioned Unified Task Force (UNITAF) taking over the United Nations Operation in Somalia I (UNOSOM I)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Yeah, what makes you not acknowledge that the US is also doing that for it's national security as well.

Isn't that what China is doing here as well? After all both US and China are bullies, it's just that the US does it in the guise of helping allied nations, while it's not clearly the case for either China or Russia. Would you not agree?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I provided alternative solutions to flexing US military muscle. I don't condone China's behavior. I simply said that they may have a point about the space they need to protect themselves from US aircraft carriers.

If the US is the "Good Guys" then we should look at solutions that don't involve a US aircraft carrier.

Thier is no reason to believe that Chinese is a threat to the Philippines. They don't need those islands to take out the Philippines. But a US aircraft carrier is a threat to China.

Except China is the nation saying we will attack. Not the US. This has nothing to do with threats, it has to do with the resources in the sea which China demands.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

Yeah, what makes you not acknowledge that the US is also doing that for it's national security as well.

Isn't that what China is doing here as well? After all both US and China are bullies, it's just that the US does in the guise of helping allied nations, while it's not the case for China and Russia. Would you not agree?

Maybe I am mistaken. Can you show me where the US has said this is now sole property of the US and the land here no longer belongs to you?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

What about reconnaissance planes? I mean the US wouldn't be breaking international law since those waters are.... international

That is what I am trying to say. Maybe it's time to redefine international waters, and declare some waters to be demilitarized.

Those boundaries were created based on WW2 technology. The distance needed to protect oneself from Aircraft Carriers is far different then it was 50 yesrs ago. No one wants a potentially hostile Supper Powers bombs close to their borders.

Understanding China's actions and justifying them are 2 different things. And all diplomatic solutions need to be explored.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join