It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Report Urges End to 'Conversion' Therapy for LGBT Youth

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: deadeyedick

If you stopped thinking about Same Sex encounters for a second....

These Kids are being told they are "Sick" and they can get "Cured" that what they think is improper and immoral, they are "Abominations" and disappointments... but those feelings don't go away, you can't be Cured and so these Kids have to deal with that Mental Anguish , of Naturally feelings a certain way but being Brainwashed into believing it's a "Sickness"

I stared the post also cause finally someone stated the facts in a manner that respects the truth. With that said I do not believe that anyone is breaking the law in most cases but I personally know of a few cases that went over the line.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
The two are not the same and one is worse.

Your personal opinion is irrelevant and disproved by real world situations.

I have not heard of any rapist or robbers using mental torture to get what they want.

Apples to pistachio nuts.

Just because the gov. hands are tied by rules and restrictions does not mean that mental torture works as well or as fast as physical torture.

Are you speaking from personal experience in all your years of inflicting torture on others or by being an expert in the subject?

The tortuous nature of your posts do not count either.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You post yet you say nothing.

Where's the beef?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

You post yet you say nothing.

Where's the beef?

I am not the one claiming that mental torture is not as serious as physical torture and not providing any sources or data to support my point. That would be you Captain Anecdote.

Prisoners subjected only to psychological torture report as much mental anguish as those who are beaten, according to new research. Because facts, not anecdotes, are required.

edit on 17-10-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Funny that if some parrot post a so called report on the internet and you forego common sense and logic.

Come back to reality with us. Real world

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Well ... if that makes you go "hmmm" ... I guess hundreds of people who have experienced this garbage are just lying then.

Glad we could clear that up.

Did say they are but hundreds of victims, no prison no civil suits? Odd

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

So instead of refuting a published article containing actual data in a well-known periodical you opt for ad hominems.

I am not surprised.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You are silly.

You are trying to argue that a kid in the op that was forced to hit a pillow with a tennis racket while calling the pillow mommie is a form of torture that is as severe as physical injury. and you cling to this crazy position because you have a hard head and a couple published articles that you think backs up your delusion but it is making the whole debate look silly and out of touch with reality.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You are trying to argue that a kid in the op that was forced to hit a pillow with a tennis racket while calling the pillow mommie is a form of torture that is as severe as physical injury.

I am not any of the children in the Original Post and I, unlike you, make no presuppositions on how adversely this 'therapy' may have affected them.

...and you cling to this crazy position because you have a hard head and a couple published articles that you think backs up your delusion but it is making the whole debate look silly and out of touch with reality.

Sorry, was that you refuting the articles with evidence or anecdote?

That was rhetorical by the way in case you do not do sarcasm as well as you do not do facts.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

What are you even going on about?

Did you show up here to say that something is okay because there are worse things?

Even if physical torture is worse, as you claim, what rules does that set for mental/emotional torture?

The points you're failing to make are so irrelevant, why are you wasting so much energy on them?

Torture = torture. End of discussion.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Thank you for playing, fear induction causes physical and chemical changes not just mental.

But it is not physical torture. You two are comical:

Physical torture is the inflicting of severe pain or suffering on a person. In contrast, psychological torture is directed at the psyche with calculated violations of psychological needs, along with deep damage to psychological structures and the breakage of beliefs underpinning normal sanity.

Holding a barking dog at bay is not physical torture. Regardless, the other poster seems to think one form is not as damaging as the other and that is the crux of the argument.

Then we are to accept that introducing fear causes no physical n negative changes. Time to put up. I call bs and challenge you to show otherwise

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Then we are to accept that introducing fear causes no physical n negative changes. Time to put up. I call bs and challenge you to show otherwise

Do you really need to see the definitions of physical and psychological torture?

Blackmail and watching a mock execution are considered psychological torture, you want to somehow twist that around and attempt to make it physical torture because the person gets anxiety?

Keep shifting those goalposts.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Do you really need to see the definitions of physical and psychological torture?

Blackmail and watching a mock execution are considered psychological torture, you want to somehow twist that around and attempt to make it physical torture because the person gets anxiety?

Keep shifting those goalposts.

I really need you to prove to me that introducing fear causes no negative physical affects as well. Calling bs. You are as wrong as wrong can be. No ifs, and, or buts. Go look up and tell me what happens on the physical body when fear is introduced. I'll wait patiently as you prove yourself wrong or go off on other points. Only two options you have.
edit on 18-10-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I really need you to prove to me that introducing fear causes no negative physical affects as well.

Not how it works chief. I provided evidence on psychological torture. If you have an issue with how it is defined take it up with the people who studied the subject and published the data.

I am sure they would love to play your juvenile semantics game with you.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I really need you to prove to me that introducing fear causes no negative physical affects as well.

Not how it works chief. I provided evidence on psychological torture. If you have an issue with how it is defined take it up with the people who studied the subject and published the data.

I am sure they would love to play your juvenile semantics game with you.

As I said, prove yourself wrong or go off on other points you chose the latter. So as I said very rarely especially cia it is anything but a combination. Plus the mental tends to affect both.

So I guess your next post is to prove otherwise, if not. I'll take that as check mate..game over. Please play again.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

There is a great link between these conversion therapies and suicide. GLBT folks, especially youth are already at a higher risk, forcing conversion therapy is torture.

How would you like it if someone tried to force you to be gay?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

As I said, prove yourself wrong or go off on other points you chose the latter.

'Prove myself wrong'? Okay.

Tell you what, you want to argue definitions? Take it up with the people who set them. I intend on continuing to use them as currrently defined until your exhaustive lobbying efforts results in them changing.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

There is a great link between these conversion therapies and suicide. GLBT folks, especially youth are already at a higher risk, forcing conversion therapy is torture.

How would you like it if someone tried to force you to be gay?

Has nothing to do with the arguments that are going between me and August. Plus I still question why if we have hundreds of torture victims why we don't have anyone in prison or civil suits for monetary compensation. So something stinks with the entire story. Not to mention the whole what exactly defines torture.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

How can you deny that conversion therapy is a form if torture?

The fact the US still has conversion therapy just shows how backwards this country(some not all of the US) still is.

I find it fishy that these conversion therapies all base their beliefs on religious dogma.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

How can you deny that conversion therapy is a form if torture?

The fact the US still has conversion therapy just shows how backwards this country(some not all of the US) still is.

I find it fishy that these conversion therapies all base their beliefs on religious dogma.

Ok, the story still is off , where are prison sentences and victim compensation trials? You can think whatever you choose. If it's yelling that's not torture. If it's more, then no civil or criminal trials is odd, especially in this country when the lawsuit lottery is played for next to nothing.
edit on 19-10-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join