It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Report Urges End to 'Conversion' Therapy for LGBT Youth

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
BS I was not discounting mental torture but putting it in its place behind physical torture.

Oxymoron.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Basically what I gather from the roman is that the cia is behind the mental indoctrination of America into the gayness issue.

You should work on your reading comprehension after working on your bigotry.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Great way to stereo type people

Gays are vegetarians if they are true to themselves and straights are carnivores.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Reallyfolks
No I'm doing what you do,anytime you think you've keyed in on an inaccurate statement you jump.

I do not think I keyed in on an inaccurate statement, I know I have as evidenced by other posters noticing the issue.

I for one am not aware of many interrogation tacits by the cia that are mental only to break people down. Tends to be a combo.

I just gave you one, fear control. How does a barking dog kept at a controlled distance affect you phsysically?

Fear control itself isn't used alone. As krazy shot pointed out mental only takes quite a bit of time. But if you want to get technical and I know you do, inducing fear also induces physical and chemical changes in a body and even that isn't mental only.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Fear control itself isn't used alone.

Not the point, but thanks for playing.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Fear control itself isn't used alone.

Not the point, but thanks for playing.

Thank you for playing, fear induction causes physical and chemical changes not just mental. You are welcome, more than happy to point out where you are going wrong.....next

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

What does being a Vegetarian or a Carnivore have to do with Sexual Orientation?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Actually I think it is a good thing that we have differentiated between physical abuse and mental abuse in this op it is highlighting mental abuse.

No, it's not.

I have not really stated that mental abuse is not a problem but that it is secondary to physical abuse and many try to frame the debate as conversion therapy is the worst kind of abuse around. It is not.

No one has claimed that conversion therapy is the worst kind of abuse. It doesn't have to be 'the worst' to be unconscionable. And there is mental and physical abuses being practiced on kids. For you to claim one is worse than the other just shows you've never undergone either, so I'll take my own experience over your amateur opinion any day.

At the end of the day that is what this is about. Freedom.

Yeah... Freedom to be a child abuser!
edit on 10/16/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime
That is what I gathered from your post I responded too. Personally I do not see the correlation.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

When did i mention Vegetarian? or Carnivore?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I do not mean to belittle the topic but I am looking for the meat here.

So far the worst is hitting a pillow called mommy.

I do not like to watch vids but please as the op personalize this for me so I can relate.

What is the specific abuse because simply telling someone not to bend over for everyone is not abuse to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I do not like to watch vids

And I do not like to feed trolls.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Forced Exorcisms, Electroshock (often attached to genitals), hours long Ice Water Baths, bottling and inhalation of feces, injecting estrogen in males to lower sex drive, etc. etc.

Sound like fun?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Forced Exorcisms, Electroshock (often attached to genitals), hours long Ice Water Baths, bottling and inhalation of feces, injecting estrogen in males to lower sex drive, etc. etc.

Sound like fun?

Then I layed out above the torturers should be prosecuted and if convicted in prisons. Victims should sue in civil court for every cent, and absolutely ban it. That it's not happening after that type of treatment makes me go hmmmmm.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

If you stopped thinking about Same Sex encounters for a second....

These Kids are being told they are "Sick" and they can get "Cured" that what they think is improper and immoral, they are "Abominations" and disappointments... but those feelings don't go away, you can't be Cured and so these Kids have to deal with that Mental Anguish , of Naturally feelings a certain way but being Brainwashed into believing it's a "Sickness"

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
U.S. Report Urges End to 'Conversion' Therapy for LGBT Youth

Oh no! We are persecuting the hateful and ignorant Xtian persecutors again!
The law is for those with no 'ethics', no Love!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Well ... if that makes you go "hmmm" ... I guess hundreds of people who have experienced this garbage are just lying then.

Glad we could clear that up.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'd certainly opt for a kicking or two over sustained mental / emotional abuse, that's true.

A kicking or two?

Not very creative are you?

Creative, yeah...psychopathic, nope.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Thank you for playing, fear induction causes physical and chemical changes not just mental.

But it is not physical torture. You two are comical:

Physical torture is the inflicting of severe pain or suffering on a person. In contrast, psychological torture is directed at the psyche with calculated violations of psychological needs, along with deep damage to psychological structures and the breakage of beliefs underpinning normal sanity.

Holding a barking dog at bay is not physical torture. Regardless, the other poster seems to think one form is not as damaging as the other and that is the crux of the argument.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The two are not the same and one is worse. I have not heard of any rapist or robbers using mental torture to get what they want. Just because the gov. hands are tied by rules and restrictions does not mean that mental torture works as well or as fast as physical torture.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join