It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Report Urges End to 'Conversion' Therapy for LGBT Youth

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Exactly. And that is the point we are trying to make here.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Ahha!

Your physical abuse might kill him, but if successful and bad enough, his mental abuse will make you kill yourself, and he wouldn't have to lift a finger to do it either.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well put

My point is that physical abuse is worse but that does not mean that mental abuse is good.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheCretinHop
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Isn't that infringing on parents rights to choose whatever therapy they want to send to their kids? Therapy is for people that have psychological abnormalities. Which homosexuals deny, but they have. Men dont go with men and women dont go with women its, counterproductive to the human race. It's destructive.

If it were so destructive, then why is the total human population still increasing year to year?

People choose to be gay as it has been proven to be enviromental factos that affect people who are gay.

If it's been proven, then post some evidence of this "proof".

Like the brainwashing from the gay community towards youth, planting seeds in their heads saying its okay and normal to choose. That's sick to me.

Most people would call you an authoritarian then.
edit on 16-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Yeah, i know...just being a little facetious.

I'm a little out of my depth in this thread anyway..so good luck to all of you.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Ahha!

Your physical abuse might kill him, but if successful and bad enough, his mental abuse will make you kill yourself, and he wouldn't have to lift a finger to do it either.

AND you couldn't be charged with his murder.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Exactly. And that is the point we are trying to make here.

Just do not expect for people to respond well to such ops where boys are crying wolf.

They label it as if their heads were being cut off and it turns out they were hitting a pillow with a tennis racket while calling it mommy.

That type of abuse when wielded against real abuse will lose every time.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What is the LGBT agenda exactly? And what are they trying to convert people to?

It the queerification of America. Oops, is that too blunt for ATS? Any feelings hurt?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

And what does that mean exactly? Stop using buzzwords and define it.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Where is the scientific proof that you are "born" this way? recent science has actually proven that homosexuality is more enviromental that genetic. But you may not want to here that.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

This is a terrible comparison of mental abuse. Have you actually MET someone who has had severe emotional damage? Because it's NOT that simple, and to pretend it is is rather insulting to those people.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheCretinHop

Where is the scientific proof that you are "born" this way? recent science has actually proven that homosexuality is more enviromental that genetic. But you may not want to here that.

I posted some on page 3. Where's your posted evidence? You say recent science shows this, then post the study in question. You accuse me of not wanting to hear that, but eff that. I want to see the evidence. If it is compelling I'll change my tune.

Oh quick question before you run off to fulfill my request (though I'm being facetious here, I don't expect you to actually post any evidence), when in YOUR lifetime did you choose to be straight?
edit on 16-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

So easy to spot the guy trying to bait a response.

We get it you have an unpopular opinion. Stand proud!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Nope I have never met anyone suffering from mental abuse nor have I ever had any encounter with anyone that mentally abused me. My life is just peachy and everyone should be so luck to be me. Or I have dealt with such and have found that it is a battle which if one gives in then suddenly the abuser wins and the abuse becomes emotionally weak. At any point they can sit up straight and be proud that they are alive put it behind them and not give in to those that seek to coddle them into an even more weak and frail state that you all call victimhood.

let us be clear that the op referring to hitting a pillow called mommie is complete rubbish and is in no form violence or abuse. Grow a set.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

In order words you think the most effective solution for mental abuse is to just "man up"? You know that has been scientifically proven to be near non-effective right?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

At the end of the day that is what this is about. Freedom.

Freedom to do what?

To be gay...?

Or the "freedom" to take another person's freedom away and try to force their personality/brain/mind to "change" to stop them from being gay?

The freedom to take away another person's freedom is exactly what leads to people having no freedom at all.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

In order words you think the most effective solution for mental abuse is to just "man up"? You know that has been scientifically proven to be near non-effective right?

Either man up or just kill everyone who you believe is mentally abusing you.

One there is no defense for and the other you get to carry on with your life without being a killer.

So what punishment under the law is fitting for a counselor that makes a child hit a pillow with a tennis racket? and what laws have they broke?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

What? How about a middle ground of providing some psychological assistance and counseling?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

What? How about a middle ground of providing some psychological assistance and counseling?

I think it is necessary in many cases but even that can be damaging in itself.

Having someone remind you that you are a victim is bad but having someone to talk to and help cope with being who you are is good.

Now we get near a very serious problem.

Getting that correct help to a person is close to impossible on a state level. Meaning that the state mental health systems that force one to become a ward have all sold out to big pharma and those talks you suggest as middle ground are non existent because your counselor comes in pill form and the talk never happens.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Finally, it's about time, and something that should never have been anyway. this is just teaching people that being GLBTQ+ is a "Sickness" that can be Cured, and putting young people through traumatic mental abuse.

If you support Conversion therapy, than you support the right to use conversion therapy to convert Heterosexuals into Homosexuals

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join