It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INTIFADA THREAT: Israel sends in troops to quell Palestinian attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Israel heating up, more attacks by Palestinian youth. Israel has its military now involved; assisting the police.

Israel's military deployed hundreds of troops Wednesday to help police trying to stop a wave of deadly Palestinian shooting and stabbing attacks that have triggered panic across the country.

Police also say they foiled an attack outside Jerusalem's Old City, shooting and killing the assailant as he attempted to stab security forces. Eight Israelis and 30 Palestinians-- including 13 identified by Israel as attackers -- have died in a month of unrest, with dozens of other people wounded.

The government has thus far been unable to stop the violence. Israel says the attacks have been fueled by what it calls rampant incitement against Jews and Israelis on social media spread by Islamic groups and the Palestinian leadership.

Israeli police said 300 soldiers had already been incorporated into their deployment on the streets of east Jerusalem, where many of the assailants are from.

"It's all about horrible, anti-Jewish, racist incitement."

- Israeli Cabinet minister Yuval Steinitz - Israeli Cabinet minister Yuval Steinitz said the current conflict had less to do with political differences and more with anti-Semitic incitement to create a religious war.

Speaking to journalists, he showed Palestinian videos and animations that glorified the stabbings of Jews in the Old City of Jerusalem and the killing of a Jewish settler couple in the West Bank in front of their children.

He also quoted Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas' recent statement where he blessed "every drop of blood spilled for Allah" and that Jews desecrated a Jerusalem holy site with their "filthy feet."

"This is not new. It is just a new wave of terrorism and violence and this time it's totally clear that the main approach here is a religious approach. Defending Islam from the enemy of the mosque, the enemy of Islam -- against the Jews," Steinitz said. "It's all about horrible, anti-Jewish, racist incitement."

The cabinet met late into the night and released details of the new measures early Wednesday morning. Steps approved include allowing police to impose a closure on points of friction or incitement according to security assessments.

The Cabinet also decided to strip residency rights and demolish homes of some attackers and draft hundreds more security guards to secure public transport.

The announcement came after a particularly bloody day in which a pair of Palestinian stabbing and shooting attacks in Jerusalem killed three Israelis. Three Palestinians, including two attackers, were also killed.

The wave of violence also comes at a time when prospects for negotiating an end to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict seem nonexistent.

Meantime, during a protest in the West Bank city of Bethlehem, masked Palestinians hurled stones at forces who responded with tear gas and stun grenades.

Also Wednesday, Israel's internal security minister said the bodies of dead Palestinian attackers should not be returned to their families for burial.

Gilad Erdan said the funeral processions of Palestinians who killed Israelis often turn into "an exhibition of support for terror and incitement to murder." He said Israel should not allow them to "enjoy respect and ceremonies" after their deaths.

The funerals are a frequent flashpoint for clashes and often include calls for revenge. Erdan suggested the attackers be buried without fanfare in distant cemeteries where previous Palestinian killers have been buried.

LINK

As mentioned in previous threads, the Palestinian ongoing threat against Israel is worth keeping your eye on the situation. I suspect soon the Israelis will use more aggressive tactics to control these terrorists attacks. Thats right these attacks are terrorist attacks. These attacks clearly are not political due to youths being mostly responsible for them; it is their parents who have taught them how to hate and kill the Israelis so don't bring your Palestinian politics into this thread, it is no excuse for this type of attitude.

I see this situation only escalating in the next few weeks.

edit on 14-10-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I personally think it's time for Israel to invest more in armored water cannons.
When the terrorists start getting uppity just roll into town and hose em down.
Some of them could use a good bath anyway

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
I personally think it's time for Israel to invest more in armored water cannons.
When the terrorists start getting uppity just roll into town and hose em down.
Some of them could use a good bath anyway

Sounds better than bullets!!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Israel heating up, more attacks by Palestinian youth. Israel has its military now involved; assisting the police.

That reads both ways.

Palestine heating up. Invaders threaten Palestinians with more military mayhem for resisting the Occupation of their homeland.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

That reads both ways.

Palestine heating up. Invaders threaten Palestinians with more military mayhem for resisting the Occupation of their homeland.

Killing one another is not the answer for any reason.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

That reads both ways.

by all means if the Palestinians are overheated then water cannons are definitely called for.
Except I don't understand how you defined occupied when they elect their own officials and there is administrative law locally which usually amounts to shooting people in the street without trial, or in case of Israeli collaborators getting dragged around town tied to the back of a motorcycle.
such darlings those Palestinians.
A real testament to the power of rabid murderous intentions and propaganda

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

That reads both ways.

Killing one another is not the answer for any reason.

Explain that to countries occupied by foreign armies.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I disagree with the violence from both sides but I must point out your error...

You make it seem as if Israelis are being attacked on their own land, but many of these attacks are taking place in Occupied East Jerusalem & West Bank so in fact the "Israeli" victims are in fact trespassers, so are the police and military.

Just a fact I would like to point out that you seem to have conveniently missed.

edit on 14-10-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Foreign armies who have been living on the land uninterrupted for 3700 years?
Or do you mean the so-called Palestinians who illegally emigrated from Egypt Jordan and Lebanon after the JNF and Jewish natives and settlers started improving the land after 1850
edit on 14-10-2015 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

A point you have conveniently missed is that Jordan controlled East Jerusalem before it was captured during a war initiated by the Arabs.
Before the so-called Palestinians existed they were called Jordanians Egyptians and Lebanese
edit on 14-10-2015 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

A point you have conveniently missed is that Jordan controlled East Jerusalem before it was captured during a war initiated by the Arabs.
Before the so-called Palestinians existed they were called Jordanians Egyptians and Lebanese

Does Jordan still control Israeli occupied East Jerusalem or did I read your post wrong?

edit on 14-10-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Did I read your post wrong or did you say Israel is trespassing ?
On the very city they named over 3000 years ago???

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What is the price of one's Soul...

Just a few sheckles I bet.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yeah especially to the Palestinian terrorists who gets $20,000 a pop sent to their families from Iran and Syria and other Arab countries for every child killed in an attack

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Yeah especially to the Palestinian terrorists who gets $20,000 a pop sent to their families from Iran and Syria and other Arab countries for every child killed in an attack

I would very much like to analyze your factual sources to this claim.

If such a source exists...

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Your playbook is boringly vacuous.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

I would very much like to analyze your factual sources to this claim.

If such a source exists...

Plenty more where that came from

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I find it hilarious that any Muslim country has the nerve to complain about being occupied by invaders. Islam has been invading other countries since the seventh century. They only cry foul when they are on the receiving end of an occupation.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

Does Jordan still control Israeli occupied East Jerusalem or did I read your post wrong?

According to resoltion 242 yes Jordan does control it BUT they will not reclaim it because its full of Traitors and decendents of jordanian traitors who tried to over throw th e jordanian government.

(post by CharlieSpeirs removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join