It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 8 -- UFO photographed over Tibet, Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

First one looks just the same! Blimey. It's been seen all over the globe. One a side issue the second one looked like a flying humanoid............ That was weird.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
Interestingly enough Jim I just seen this story on another site HERE

According to satellite expert Ted Molczan, it was a rocket or a spy satellite and the wide nebulous streak is the plume from the fuel dump, which probably was completed a short time before the photo below was taken.

Both sightings occurred near Kongka La Pass, a low ridge pass in the Himalayas. It is in the disputed India-China border area in Ladakh. The Chinese held northeastern part is known as Aksai Chin and Indian South West is known as Ladakh.

It also runs another story in the link which attempts to connect with sightings of that area.

That left-hand picture is almost identical to what is supposed to be the Iran sighting.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

spaceweathergallery.com...
edit on 12-10-2015 by smurfy because: Picture.

edit on 12-10-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Also observed in Tomsk, Russia.
www.satobs.org...

ADD

Here's a translation of the Russian report.

dsc - 08.10.2015 23:48:15

Last night, about 22 hours (give or take half an hour) in Omsk time (19 hours in Moscow) I observed an interesting phenomenon probably related to this launch.

Watching the skies over the city, suddenly I saw a large glowing fan diverging from a bright point. The size of the fan was 5 degrees, the azimuth was 130-140, the height above the horizon was 15 degrees, the cloud to be seen in Aquila’s head, to the right and below Altair. Cloud slowly increased in size and crept up. A few minutes later a bright dot is out and the clouds began to extend along the direction of its movement. After about five minutes after the beginning of the cloud stretched in a narrow band width of 3 degrees of length 20 was at its zenith, in Cygnus. The elongation was in the direction from east-northeast to west-southwest. Then the foggy cloud was towards the east-northeast horizon, and I stopped watching it.

edit on 12-10-2015 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Also observed in Tomsk, Russia.
www.satobs.org...

ADD

Here's a translation of the Russian report.

dsc - 08.10.2015 23:48:15

Last night, about 22 hours (give or take half an hour) in Omsk time (19 hours in Moscow) I observed an interesting phenomenon probably related to this launch.

Watching the skies over the city, suddenly I saw a large glowing fan diverging from a bright point. The size of the fan was 5 degrees, the azimuth was 130-140, the height above the horizon was 15 degrees, the cloud to be seen in Aquila’s head, to the right and below Altair. Cloud slowly increased in size and crept up. A few minutes later a bright dot is out and the clouds began to extend along the direction of its movement. After about five minutes after the beginning of the cloud stretched in a narrow band width of 3 degrees of length 20 was at its zenith, in Cygnus. The elongation was in the direction from east-northeast to west-southwest. Then the foggy cloud was towards the east-northeast horizon, and I stopped watching it.

"Cloud slowly increased in size and crept up" That's what I was thinking from the OP's picture after a bit of scratching. It was probably spreading as well.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This object is very bright ot it seems to be bright or it is caused by the camera itself. I don't think rocket fuel would make such a bright glow. Maybe it is just a astronomical phenomenon, still very mysterious though.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

So, this is possibly a Centaur missile going through its' "Passivation Sequence", fired from Russia? Very cool looking. That's one slow missile, based on the sightings.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pylgrym

So, this is possibly a Centaur missile going through its' "Passivation Sequence", fired from Russia? Very cool looking. That's one slow missile, based on the sightings.

Centaur is an American upper stage, the vehicle was launched from Vandenberg in California a few hours earlier. It was at orbital velocity, ~ 8 km/sec, but great range to observers created a slow angular rate.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Yeah.... Let's take a long exposure pic of a UFO, highly unlikely.

Looks more like a long exposure of a reflection, I'm guessing street light, easy to replicate and done numerous times on YouTube.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well..... It was pretty much a public thing that Iran was testing a new type of precision missile. Was part of the daily news here in Denmark.

But ofcourse people who yearn after seeing ufos will see ufos regardless.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice
Well..... It was pretty much a public thing that Iran was testing a new type of precision missile. Was part of the daily news here in Denmark.

But ofcourse people who yearn after seeing ufos will see ufos regardless.

There are lots of rockets flying, but the timing doesn't work for the Iranians. You're right, sometimes there are unannounced tests [most of the famous Soviet-era UFO flaps were caused by secret military rocket/space activity] and sometimes nowadays the first indications outsiders get is still a flurry of UFO videos on youtube, but these photos are a night event with backlit illumination from the sun, and that doesn't fit with what is known about the Iranian launch.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join