It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 8 -- UFO photographed over Tibet, Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Interesting pictures, look like rocket plumes, over Tibet and then somewhat later over Iran.

www.spaceweathergallery.com...

I expect a prosaic explanation to follow, but I wonder how widely it was seen in Asia?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Yeah, it does look like a rocket. Curious.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Here's one news item from Italy a few hours ago:

www.meteogiuliacci.it...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Any chance it could be...a rocket?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Interesting find!

I think it is very important to remember, in order for him to have obtained a shot with the stars so bright, his shutter speed would of had to been set at a good few seconds at least.

From this, we can determine that the object was indeed moving.

I am saying this because sometimes people believe that the whole object of light is the UFO, and forget that the majority of a photo could be the light let off from the object during image capture.

As for what the object is, I don't know. What is interesting is that there are 2 streaks of light here that look to be on the same trajectory (?)... Are they 2 separate objects or pieces of the same?

edit on 12-10-2015 by brace22 because: 2 objects

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

I thought the same things.. I was hoping to see more details about the camera used and the lens used. Not easy to make a determination with an exposure like this. Super high end lenses for low light make shots like this a lot more revealing.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: brace22

I thought the same things.. I was hoping to see more details about the camera used and the lens used. Not easy to make a determination with an exposure like this. Super high end lenses for low light make shots like this a lot more revealing.

The EXIF Data is intact.
Canon EOS 6D, 6 second exposure at F2.2, focal length 85mm.

There are free EXIF reading utilities on the net for the most often used browsers. Most embedded / posted images will have the EXIF data intact, unless it's stripped out at the editing stage.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It is clearly a long exposure photograph as evidenced by the star movement as seen top right.
The question should be then what can create a trail of such little/large relative movement in the timeframe.
Nice photo, thanks.

Having looked a little more it seems clear that one of the lines is a reflection of the other. Which is the original, and what was the cause of it, is now the question I suppose.

edit on 12-10-2015 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Nice to see I was right about something for once haha

I might save the image and put it through Photoshop to see if I can get rid of some of the light. However picking out the source of what is coursing the streaks could prove difficult.

If I had the RAW file, it would be so much easier.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Here is the info on the picture the link was below the picture on the site it was posted.

Camera Used: Canon Canon EOS 6D
Exposure Time: 6/1
Aperture: f/2.2
ISO: 6400
Date Taken: 2015:10:10 10:36:07

Strange txt on picture says taken 8th Oct

You don't need the best quality lenses to take pictures like that the high iso & wide aperture but more importantly the DARK skies where the image was taken helped.

edit on 12-10-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I snagged the JPG from the site and put it through Photoshop. I was unable to identify any singular object of significance. However this may be due to my level of skills on Photoshop so please bare that in mind.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Seen a similar one to this in 2006 so from previous experience I'm going with real. The light can only be described as something like a metal hallide lamp in terms of its blinding. They must be radioactive hot.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Interestingly enough Jim I just seen this story on another site HERE

According to satellite expert Ted Molczan, it was a rocket or a spy satellite and the wide nebulous streak is the plume from the fuel dump, which probably was completed a short time before the photo below was taken.

Both sightings occurred near Kongka La Pass, a low ridge pass in the Himalayas. It is in the disputed India-China border area in Ladakh. The Chinese held northeastern part is known as Aksai Chin and Indian South West is known as Ladakh.

It also runs another story in the link which attempts to connect with sightings of that area.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Above and below the two streaks, there are three objects that look like bright stars with streaks of their own. These however have an obvious S-curve in them. The thinner of the two large streaks also has this curve trailing (or leading) it. None of the other stars show these streaks, which means that they are likely not caused by camera movement, otherwise all the other stars would also have these streaks, although it is possible that they don’t because they are not bright enough to be captured by the CCD.

I’m a professional photographer and graphic designer, and I am quite puzzled by this one

soulwaxer

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
Interestingly enough Jim I just seen this story on another site HERE

Thanks, also strangesounds.org...

It's still not clear to me how bright it was to naked-eye observers.

If it were high enough, it would be in sunlight even in the middle of the night.

Very impressive analysis of the photograph, guys. I hope we get more.

Needless to say, I'd be happiest with the rocket explanation but that's the prime reason to check.

ADD-- Here's Molczan's assessment
www.satobs.org...
edit on 12-10-2015 by JimOberg because: add link

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Iran test-fired a new long-range ballistic missile on Oct 11th - could that be our boy ?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Ah, my ride home.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If it looks like a UFO its a UFO, looks like a UFO to me. Good find OP star and flag!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Also seen from Saudi Arabia, Oman and Yemen apparently - see here.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: chunder
Also seen from Saudi Arabia, Oman and Yemen apparently - see here.

Terrific link, it led me to THIS:

Wonderful sequence just posted on youtube, with google-translate of text -- good details

www.youtube.com...

posted oct 12/ 1100 gmt

Monitoring UFO hovering in the skies of Saudi Arabia for a few minutes

Pick up the hobbyist and interested in astronomical photography Mohammed bin Dhahian Otaibi, images in the sixth hour and forty-five minutes of Thursday night, strange body, monitored east of Al-Ahsa 70 kilometers in the desert, while a astronomers confirmed that this phenomenon has been observed in Yemen and Oman; yet make sure of it.
According to the website previously said "Otaibi": "While I was in the desert east of the Al-Ahsa province, and if a foreign object passes over me average height and without sound and slowly, not as speed aircraft, let alone Balhhb and meteorites, and the intensity of the darkness I could not see this strange body, only that I have seen The cloud that is behind him like a searchlight lighting.

He added: "If I am in the day and I would say that this is the aircraft gas burning reflex from the sun, but at night I do not have any lighting close to me, and I was away from the city lights at the time did not appear until the moon."
He said, after it passed from above me I could pick up his multiple images within 6 minutes until almost disappeared from the camera's eye; and kept more of it, "he said, adding:" In fact I did not find an explanation in spite of the large number of trips to the mainland; where did I encounter such a situation at all. "
One of the astronomers about that case monitored by "Al-Otaibi," "have already been monitored in Yemen and Oman, have not yet sure of the phenomenon

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join