It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know what? I'm SICK of this!!! Just plain sick and tired of it!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
OP you have to let it slide dude. There is not one thing on here that gets me all riled up. There are items I disagree with but if I find myself getting to involved then I simply leave the thread. When I first joined that happened to me and then again with all the police brutality I would find myself getting too involved at times. I say my point and generally leave it at that. You can't argue against another persons opinion.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Polymath? Jack of all trades is usually a master of none.

Percentage wise, there must be truth to that proverb.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Most of the anti americanism come from Americans who hates the half of America they don't like. Conservatives seem to hate liberals and vice versa. Don't be blaming the rest of the world for your internal divisions.
edit on 8-10-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Hate is no synonym of sarcasm, as you label it. I think 'the world' has put forward criticism to the US for a long time, especially over its foreign policy. As it seems it doesn't help much, things are actually going worse. Especially Bush jr's actions made the world frowned upon. There was hope when Obama became president, but it seems (at least to me) the president is just a puppet of the real PTB and things continue for the worst.

So I think it's not so strange people are being sarcastic concerning the US, not to the people, but to its government and its actions. Just don't misinterpret that with hate, at least not to the citizens of the US. I'd rather say I feel for you, as you are being misled by your own government as we are with ours (any, or at least most, country in Europe)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Then I would say you are overtly paranoid and need to step back a bit.

You sound like you're taking things way too personally.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I thought most of the anti sentiment towards the USA on this site is coming from Americans themselves. Afterall, most people on here are American are they not? It feels like that anway.

As a Brit, I have absolutely no problems with Americans. I just dislike the countries foreign policy and politics, but I also know that my country is just as fXxed up when it comes to foreign policy and politics. And there are plenty of disgruntled Americans too. We're in the same boat in that regards.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Is that a drinking challenge? never been beat I used to drink 20 pints a day when I ran pubs.

20 pints, which translates to 40 Aussie pints since they drink their weak piss in glasses only fit for the ladies in England.

Love the Aussies though and vegemite.

edit on 8-10-2015 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Debunkology

20 pints, which translates to 40 Aussie pints since they drink their weak piss in glasses only fit for the ladies in England.

The "weak piss" you describe is just the bottom-of-the-barrel crap that we export to unsuspecting foreigners while we keep all the good stuff for ourselves!

When much of the world thinks "Fosters" we silently chuckle to ourselves knowing that no self-respecting Aussie drinker goes anywhere near that nasty stuff - but we make a fortune selling it to the rest of you though

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I have read people calling the whole country idiotic. I figure most of them are doing it for the stars. Either that or they are bandwagon jumpers, because it is the cool thing to do. Hey look at me I called someone a name and hated on them give me kudos. There is criticism and then there is constructive criticism. I see criticism with some hate peppered in there. The same people that preach tolerance of others but only if it fits their narrative. I see there are a few of these people in this thread right now. Hi guys..............waves.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

20 pints of real ale also.
I had to test the beer as it went on you see.
CAMRA pub of the year 3 years running

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Heh, okay, I'll just grab my 'bankee' and crawl back under my bed then! LOL! (just kidding)

Just callin' 'em like I see 'em.

BTW...I don't take anything personally, and certainly not on the interwebz.

However, as I have noted, 'constructive' criticism is a good thing, and heaven knows this government here in the US needs a healthy dose of 'kick in the a$$' for all the knuckleheaded bureaucracy (sp?) and money / agenda driven politics! That said, what I see a lot here of late is not 'constructive' and not criticism, but more 'piling on' for the sake of taking a cheap shot. Maybe it's baiting for stars, I don't know, but it's pretty amateur and certainly an overtly obvious theme anymore.

Whatever, we're all big boys (well, some anyway). Life goes on. Just thought I would point out the observation.

edit on 10/9/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Oh, and one last thought; regarding beer, in my humble opinion the best beer is "VB" (Victoria Bitters). Too bad it's not available in the US though.

The first thing I do when I get off the plane in Australia is go looking for a shop to pick up a 6-pack (or four) of VB!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

VB lol you need to try some real ale my friend.
Roosters Yankee
Moorhouses Blond and black witch.
Golden pippin
Halifax steam brewery Ginger beer.

You have some decent craft beers in the states also.

Freedom Ale (can't remember the brewery from SF I think).
Bethnal pale ale.

In our local wetherspoons (big chain pub real beer cheap also) they invited a brewer from San Francisco to brew 10 ales and then we had an american beer festival.
Must admit I really liked them.

We are going to have to make a thread about the differences of our drinking habits and how drinking is percieved in the UK,USA and AUS. I would but I have work in 30 mins

edit on 9-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Oh, and one last thought; regarding beer, in my humble opinion the best beer is "VB" (Victoria Bitters). Too bad it's not available in the US though.

The first thing I do when I get off the plane in Australia is go looking for a shop to pick up a 6-pack (or four) of VB!

Thats the spirit! A true Aussies drink!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Its some Americans who hate America almost more than they spread our wealth. They should look in the mirror for the answers.
edit on 9-10-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I'm sick of all this hating on the United States of America, just sick and freaking tired of it! It doesn't matter the thread anymore before someone weighs in and has some snarky negative comment about America.

Well considering that the majority of posts that are made on ATS are about America or Americans it would be hard not to have anyone making negative comments about the country.

I think the hardest thing for non Americans to swallow is that the US openly acts appallingly to it citizens and the rest of the world but they still want to think that's its the greatest country in there is. America always manages to come up with some catchy spin on why they HAVE to act the way they do and while the rest of the world see's it for total BS a large chunk of Americas just blindly swallow it up.

Americas love to think their constitution is some unique masterpiece that sets them apart from the rest of the world but fail to realize that many other countries have the same thing just under a different name. Its a useless document anyway because just about every thing written their has be compromised in one way or another.

I honestly think that the second amendment is one of the biggest system of control that the government has yet most Americans see it as one of the things that proves they still have freedom. Its almost like Americans are willing to suffer just about anything the government does to them as long as they get to keep their gun's. It makes they feel safer and many of them think its the one thing that stops the government from being totally tyrannical. They think there is a constant threat that the government is trying to take their guns off them so they can get away with anything they want. But there's nothing further from the truth. The government just like to threaten to take the guns away and when they public seems to shout them down over the issue they go settle down and go back to thinking they have secured their freedoms.

At he end of the day if Americans didn't have the right to guns in the first place then they might start really standing up for the things that really matter. People why the police get away with shooting first and asking questions later its because they can always cite there might have been a threat of them or others getting shot.

One thing that always gets me is a lot of Americans never want to take any sort of collective responsibility for anything bad that happens. Its a country that wanted to keep slavery so badly they actually had a civil ware about it. Not that it did any good because racism is still rife and instead of freely controlling the slaves they have the largest prison population in the world comprised mainly of minorities. But as long as its all out of the way and cant be seen from their respectable gated communities no one one seems to care enough to do anything about it. The people who dont get enslaved into the prison system just end up getting totally enslaved into crippling debt through college loans and the health system.

The one thing America just seems to excel in is confidence.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
You'll find a large number of the non-Americans that despise the USA are very hush about the country in which they live or were born. Perhaps their hatred for America helps to mask their shameful feelings for the acts of the government of their own country?

And superpowers are an easy target for criticism and ridicule as many of the actions taken to become that superpower came at the expense of other nations.

edit on 11/10/2015 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I like Americans, in fact most people from the good old US of A I've spoken with has been a direct result of using ATS.

There's a fair amount of stereotyping but that works both ways; most Americans have ideas about Brits that are way off the mark.

I say that because I'm a Brit, as we all know though there's stereotyping directed towards every race & culture.

Hit me up America, I'll be round to visit as soon as I can!

(Lay some hatred down
)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

America is the driving force behind so many of today's atrocities that effect us all...

As individuals on the other hand Americans are not the root of all evil.

Generally we are ragging on the part of America the will create a world wide war on terrorism to push forward it's own political and financial agenda. Something most of our countries are involved in... America is driving though!

Chill dude. Who cares anyway?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I would posit that most here are very intelligent

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join