It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know what? I'm SICK of this!!! Just plain sick and tired of it!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I like ATS; there are a number of very bright people here. In fact, I would posit that most here are very intelligent, but there's one thing whic really rubs me the wrong way lately and I'm sick of it.

I'm sick of all this hating on the United States of America, just sick and freaking tired of it! It doesn't matter the thread anymore before someone weighs in and has some snarky negative comment about America. I don't see Americans hating on the UK, or Australia or anywhere else, but there's sure a lot of hating going on from the same toward America.

In my life, I've traveled internationally on an extensive basis. I spent (5) years of my life traveling overseas. I've spent considerable time in Europe, Asia, Australia and even some time in the middle east. I've been to the Arctic, the Antarctic, South America and numerous other places. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to impress you, but hear what I have to say next.

I found Europe a delightful place. I liked the people, the customs and the way of life. I loved Australia and New Zealand. Again, I found the people engaging and friendly. I spent considerable time in these countries working, not just traveling. I traveled extensively in Asia (Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand...Japan, S. Korea, Taiwan and even China). There too I found warm people, friends, love of life and respect for other countries...including the USA. Heck, my old passport is almost an inch thick with numerous inserts.

Contrast this with what we see here on ATS. There is a very apparent and overt hatred of America by British and Asean countries. This puzzles me, and flies directly in the face of my own personal experiences. It seems not a single thread can go by without someone posting some snarky, rude or insulting comment about America. It's just endless. Some of the arrogant posts seem to take pleasure in not understanding their supposed humor. Frankly, it's rude and disgusting this attitude.

Non-US people here just love to repeatedly HATE on America. Why? We are your allies, we are your friends. Yes, the USA has numerous warts and problems, but so does everyone else...why the hate and vitrol? We are not perfect. I am not perfect. Yet some of the posters here act as if they post from some ivory tower of perfection. C'mon, do you really hate America that badly?

I just don't understand it. I traveled to your countries and loved your culture, respected your ways and your people. I understand differences and take these in stride. What I see here in return is total contempt for America...absolute and utter contempt.

Why do some of you HATE America so much...from your keyboard, when clearly this is not the case in business or in person?

Are you trolling?

Honest post and question!
edit on 10/7/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm sick of the hate that Islam and the Middle East receive on here, I don't whine about it.

I ignore it.

A master troll knows when to not reply to a low level troll.

*dont ignore me to prove a point*

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Speired Again!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I think the United States is experiencing the allure and consequences of thoughtless self deprecation.

When one publicly berates oneself constantly, onlookers can hardly be blamed for agreeing.

There are foolish Americans, the ones who think America is foolish and they definitely get the lion's share of the world's attention.

Charlie's not wrong either.

edit on 7-10-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

It's 4am here, Iridium buddy, I need to pass the time.

On topic;
I don't hate America, claydisc, but I've seen the vitriol too...
Part and parcel of such a diverse community.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

They are just jealous.....

link   

I don't see Americans hating on the UK, or Australia or anywhere else…

The "anywhere else" world might disagree with that somewhat.

link   
FYI: It is not just non -US citizens of the world. Quite often it is actually disgruntled "Americans" who feel the US owes them and they are not getting their fair share.
As far as the Non US ATSers hating on the US , I ignore them.They know almost nothing of our way of life , politics , or our country in general. Most have never even seen the US except in books or television. All they have is the information their next door neighbor tells them or they read in their official government owned and ran news agencies. Dont fault them. Learn them.

My rant on the subject is done...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I don't think people hate America on ATS those who do don't stay around too long.
Criticizing and hate are different remember.
You could just suck it up though.
Or shall we ban anything negative said against America?.
The USA took the baton from the UK as the number one superpower and whoever takes that baton gets criticized. The next lot will and the next lot after them.
Oh and sorry but we get threads moaning about the UK and our history all the time.

edit on 7-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I think people are tired of Americans and misplace their aggression by simply saying America....I too am tired of some Americans in my country most notably our government and private corporations that have too far a reach in other countries.

I'm tired of the Americans who have this need to be looked upon as progressives and who care more about how they are perceived versus what's really good for the overall population..

I would say we have more issues than a few warts...Companies like Monsanto who are injecting themselves (or attempting to) in other countries by pushing their GMO's and other chemicals on populations.

I get why people dislike Americans due to our inability to mind our own business. I wonder what the landscape would look like in the Middle East if we didn't destabilize Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and I'm sure a few others through our proxy wars and covert operations.

I love my country I just hate that it has turned into a piggy bank for the select few and there is absolutely nothing we will do about it...over a trillion dollars spent on war and quite possibly much more and no country is better off than when we started...I do dare say that things are far much worse than what things were prior to our interventions...

We push democracy on countries and yet we support countries that are run by Kings and Princes...how is that democratic...So I would respectfully say that most people including Americans dislike Americans as opposed to America...ranting is healthy so rant on my friend...

I guess in short I'm glad people are speaking up because a lot of it is legit...

edit on 7-10-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well one usually hates most in others what they hate about themselves, be it conscious or unconscious I do not know... perhaps a little bit of jealousy as well really. When america speaks the world listens, I can say first hand, being Canadian, we are like America's annoying little brother and many other countries aren't far behind!
edit on 7 by tiredoflooking because: spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I don't see anyone hating on America. Criticism is welcome and DC gives plenty of material to work with. Nothing wrong with pointing out mistakes of govts and their domestic and foreign policies. No one is saying they hate you because you're an America from America.

As far as non American members go, I can't recall any of them blindly hating on America. I recall people discussing a thread and if that involved their opinions of a gov't and its actions I welcome it with open arms. I've never been upset reading a single post that criticizes America.

Why is it that posters can paint America in a negative light? That's easy, just watch the news. America is center stage in the geopolitical war, well all wars.
edit on 7-10-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I love America, i love it for it's burgers, donut's and Coca Cola and ... uhm ... burgers, America is great...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I'm sick of the hate that Islam and the Middle East receive on here, I don't whine about it.

I ignore it.

A master troll knows when to not reply to a low level troll.

*dont ignore me to prove a point*

Quoted for truth!

Maybe someone should start a thread about it because its getting out of hand! Arab Muslims, hell all Muslims, are openly hated on ATS daily. They've become that group that the majority agree it's okay to hate on.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Don't forget the gay folk getting married and transgendered folk.
Heck Imagine being a trans gay Muslim on ATS...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I don't hate America.....I love America. The country itself. The scenery, the natural diversity, the different cultures that have learned to acclimate amongst each other to live relatively peacefully........I love it in general.

The specifics is what I don't like. The leadership sucks.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
America by its very nature welcomes all walks of life with open arms...possibly even to fault. Anyone is welcome here. I just don't understand it, the hatred. The foundation of this country is about being welcome, anyone.

In my own personal travels I used to have to carry two passports, one was used to enter Muslim countries and the other to enter countries which would not allow entry for passports with Muslim transport, and vice versa. This doesn't happen in America, yet there is just outright venom toward the United States (here).

I just don't understand it. The American populace opens their hearts and souls to the world almost to fault and yet even some of our closest allies don't hesitate to take some kind of a cheap shot on America here.

On the one hand I'd think I'm just naive or stupid or something, but I'm fairly confident this isn't the case. It's like some kind of game or something.

For the record, I'm not some kind of bleeding heart sap, ultra-sensitive, person. I've experienced my share of hard work and danger. I've never walked away from any of it, and I guess this is what puzzles me the most.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Non-US people here just love to repeatedly HATE on America. Why?

Because they honestly believe their own crap doesn't stink.

Sorry to be crass, but there it is in a nutshell.

Americans know we have problems, but others just can't seem to admit they have any.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I thought electing Obama was supposed to fix all the leadership issues.

Gee, thanks Obama.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Well, to their advantage, they're the minority of all minorities but they too are fair game. Then again, the wind is changing for them and while there will always be haters more people are accepting gay & transgender people, although transgender people still have an uphill battle.

The Muslims are the many as far as the most hated group today and because of terrorism, dictators, religion, and the Palestinians that hatred only grows more each day. Thanks Fox News!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join