It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I The Only One Who Feels Like Many Of The Recent Shootings In America Feel A Little...Off?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Edumakated

a reply to: Edumakated

Handguns aren't that accurate

Umm what? LoL yes they are, they arent long range but unless the person shooting it has NO idea how to use one, they are pretty damn accurate

Stop watching movies. It is very difficult to hit a moving target with a handgun. Vast majority of people are hardly expert marksmen. I can show you example after example of thugs shooting up a block full of people and not hitting anything (or someone they weren't even supposedly aiming at).

Stop watching movies? I served over 5 tours overseas including Afghanistan, im a marksman, and spent 8yrs in the Marines, im not an idiot....

Might be careful with your assumptions there pal

and yes they are pretty damn accurate.....if youre not just jerking the trigger.....

Your comparison was about how you cant gun down kids like that with a hand gun cause they run all over, were talking about confinement in a classroom with a high caliber handgun......its like fish in a barrel man

Again easy with your assumptions

Again, you are not representative of the typical person. So just because you may be an expert marksman does not mean 99% of the population is. For the vast majority of people, hand guns are not all that accurate. Vast majority of people do not have combat training. Vast majority of people do not know how to remain calm and not jerk off rounds under pressure. Heck, all you have to do is look at the pitiful aim of a lot of police men who supposedly get at least some consistent training.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

Considering this happened only 50-ish miles from where I live. It really only motivated me to get my concealed weapons permit, I have a wife and kids I want to protect when we are outside the home.

But my conspiracy brain goes there too man, sometimes these tragedies are too quickly turned political.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

It does seem peculiar that there should be so many and that does set up a great precedent for gun control - but that is a knee jerk reaction to a much bigger issue.

One needs to question why we did not have the problem of mass violence among our population a mere 40 years ago and before.

Society has been breaking down in a rapid fashion over the past decades. The justice system is a joke. Violence and aggressive behavior are promoted in mainstream media - games, movies, reality shows, sports etc and children lacking decent parenting are growing up to think this is more reality than fantasy. Parents working two jobs barely know their children these days and technolgy is their main babysitter. For all of the "social media" there is a huge disconnect in how people communicate. It's a self serving society high on instant gratification and brainwashed to think material things are the only things that matter. We no longer connect on a neighborly, community or hardly an even family level.

Factor in also, the plummeting economy and desperation of high priced education, lack of decent paying jobs for common people, the instability of future financial states - 401K & SS are shaky at best. People are at each other's throats instead of rallying for more and better jobs. Mental issues are running rampant (we closed all of the facilities for lack of funding). A happy society is an productively employed society - like the 50's and 60's when one income was enough for a family to live comfortably.

How and why it was allowed to get this bad - I have some theories, but gun control is not going to fix the underlying problem. Mentally unstable people will always figure out ways to kill if they really want to. Maybe we should put more focus on identifying people with issues and head off the problem but that requires funding and effort - well nevermind...

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

Handguns aren't that accurate

Umm what? LoL yes they are, they arent long range but unless the person shooting it has NO idea how to use one, they are pretty damn accurate

Stop watching movies. It is very difficult to hit a moving target with a handgun. Vast majority of people are hardly expert marksmen. I can show you example after example of thugs shooting up a block full of people and not hitting anything (or someone they weren't even supposedly aiming at).

Stop watching movies? I served over 5 tours overseas including Afghanistan, im a marksman, and spent 8yrs in the Marines, im not an idiot....

Might be careful with your assumptions there pal

and yes they are pretty damn accurate.....if youre not just jerking the trigger.....

Your comparison was about how you cant gun down kids like that with a hand gun cause they run all over, were talking about confinement in a classroom with a high caliber handgun......its like fish in a barrel man

Again easy with your assumptions

Again, you are not representative of the typical person. So just because you may be an expert marksman does not mean 99% of the population is. For the vast majority of people, hand guns are not all that accurate. Vast majority of people do not have combat training. Vast majority of people do not know how to remain calm and not jerk off rounds under pressure. Heck, all you have to do is look at the pitiful aim of a lot of police men who supposedly get at least some consistent training.

LoL yes your right, but being that I also have taught hand gun classes in the past I can tell you that handguns are very accurate , they just arent accurate at long range......

And it doesnt take much to get proficient with one

The idea that they arent accurate, or that kids couldnt be shot down in a closed room, with a hand gun while they are moving just doesnt compute

As to the cops? well you got me there, many of them seem to shoot as well as Storm Troopers
edit on 10/6/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I have been thinking that were someone like Obama to want to rid the good people of America of their guns and the means of defending themselves against his puppet masters , then a whole lot of shootings in emotive places would be a very good way of manipulating people's opinions into thinking guns needed to be taken by the government.

It would give him the high ground on trying to pass legislation to achieve his goal. I suspect when he leaves office and goes into civvy street and the nice little niche he has undoubtedly carved out for himself - he will definitely demand to have the right to arm himself with a gun though.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
It seems just as manufactured as ISIS. Funny how when the government needs a problem so they can intact their solution, one always seems to rise to occasion doesn't it? Curious and curiouser I say!

Only to a paranoid US citizen who still does not get it and will invent conspiracy after conspiracy instead of facing up to the consequences of freely available weapons that have one purpose.....to kill.

Nutters kill and their excuse will be utterly illogical (hint - because they are nutters DUH!)

Over 120,000 people are killed each year by cars - we should also ban cars.

Over 11,000 people are killed each year by knives - we should ban them too.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I had to reread your post to make sure I wasn't getting lambasted you crazy Texan, lol.

All good points.

While attention can't be given to all incidents, the media and our politicians do seem to capitalize on the most negative aspects of our society during the most convienient times. The more success they have when implementing their agenda, the more frequency you will see it happen. More success with each occurance equals more reason and likelihood that events can and will be orchestrated. Letting them happen naturally would never fit their timeline and the unpredictability of their occurrence could not be properly managed. Otherwise, the term would be known as "reaction, solution". When implementing an agenda, the last two words can't exist without the first...

PROBLEM

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

cant say i dont completely agree with you man, good thread btw

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EveStreet

It does seem peculiar that there should be so many and that does set up a great precedent for gun control - but that is a knee jerk reaction to a much bigger issue.

One needs to question why we did not have the problem of mass violence among our population a mere 40 years ago and before.

Society has been breaking down in a rapid fashion over the past decades. The justice system is a joke. Violence and aggressive behavior are promoted in mainstream media - games, movies, reality shows, sports etc and children lacking decent parenting are growing up to think this is more reality than fantasy. Parents working two jobs barely know their children these days and technolgy is their main babysitter. For all of the "social media" there is a huge disconnect in how people communicate. It's a self serving society high on instant gratification and brainwashed to think material things are the only things that matter. We no longer connect on a neighborly, community or hardly an even family level.

Factor in also, the plummeting economy and desperation of high priced education, lack of decent paying jobs for common people, the instability of future financial states - 401K & SS are shaky at best. People are at each other's throats instead of rallying for more and better jobs. Mental issues are running rampant (we closed all of the facilities for lack of funding). A happy society is an productively employed society - like the 50's and 60's when one income was enough for a family to live comfortably.

How and why it was allowed to get this bad - I have some theories, but gun control is not going to fix the underlying problem. Mentally unstable people will always figure out ways to kill if they really want to. Maybe we should put more focus on identifying people with issues and head off the problem but that requires funding and effort - well nevermind...

I liked this so I thought I'd make sure it was seen again.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I remember a sort of key component of the 'Columbine' shooting, which was one of the first of its kind in America, was that the shooters were asking students whether or not they believed in God, or perhaps Jesus specifically, and the ones that said yes were shot. There was a survivor who wrote a book about it - also Christian. But apparently, from his perspective, he stated that the boys (shooters) were doubling up on their antidepressants, stopping for a few days and so on. In other words, they were essentially getting a type of PCP/Angel Dust response to this, making them feel invincible etc. It was also done in tribute to Hitler's birthday... and their parents also worked in weapons manufacturing. So there's a huge # mix involved with what triggered what.

But it seems to be a similar formula in these other American shootings. I watched a movie the other week called 'Sleepers'. I remember seeing it as a teen, but never questioned the meaning of the title... LOL

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

What's creepy is, I don't hear anyone talking about tighter campus security.

After 9/11, we didn't ban boxcutters, instead we created a whole new government agency to prevent people with boxcutters from boarding planes. And guess what? Since then not a single plane has been flown into a building.

So why aren't we taking the same approach here? School campuses have been a prime target for mass murdering psychopaths for a long, long time now.

Shouldn't our kids be at least as well protected as airline passengers?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

What's creepy is, I don't hear anyone talking about tighter campus security.

After 9/11, we didn't ban boxcutters, instead we created a whole new government agency to prevent people with boxcutters from boarding planes. And guess what? Since then not a single plane has been flown into a building.

So why aren't we taking the same approach here? School campuses have been a prime target for mass murdering psychopaths for a long, long time now.

Shouldn't our kids be at least as well protected as airline passengers?

thats because it doesnt fit the agenda lol , you cant push an agenda by actually fixing the issues!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Thinking the same way. If anti abortionists will blow up buildings with innocent people, why not shooters kill to make gun laws against the 2nd. Mind control is pretty easy in this day and age as well.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumStickNinja

Considering this happened only 50-ish miles from where I live. It really only motivated me to get my concealed weapons permit, I have a wife and kids I want to protect when we are outside the home.

But my conspiracy brain goes there too man, sometimes these tragedies are too quickly turned political.

it's turn political because you are the only "advance nation" that these things happen.... Please, inform you outside of the USA. Check out how other countries ( advance one ) work plz.

For the conspiracy.... This website dissapoint me SO FREAKING MUCH....

Your gouvernement is PROUVE TO BE CONTROLLED BY THE NRA ( FACT ).

No Illiminati, No M-16 mind-control, no "Gouv do this to take our gunssssssss".

YOUR gouvernement let your population kill urself, KILL UR FREAKING KIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS with gun.

just now, again in Canada, we report your senseless KILLING of a 12 killins is brother who is 13.
Yesterday, it was a 12 or so boy killing a 8yrs girl because she didnt want to let him see her puppy little dog....

You let THE NRA controlling your GOUVERNEMENT. And for HOW MUCH YEARS.... Does the killings stop ? Nope

NRA, a REAL LOBBYIST GROUP, force your politicians to acces, praise, DISTRIBUTE, guns everywhere.

Why all your REAL conspiracy-er, people that want to know the TRUTH from the gouvermenet and lobbyist groups destroying your life and killing YOUR KIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

You never question how NRA work, how they have so much power... You just eat their propaganda and believe they are protecting you.....

You are the Pity of the modern world.... BY FREAKING CHANCE, your non-sense mentality about gun is conceal to your country.

Happy that Trump could win and built wall everywhere so your guns stay with your kids shotting their brains out....

BRAVO Usa... Lol... pathetic ( even more from a conspiracy site ignoring the NRA Lol ).

Now i almost came here just to laught at ur pathetic mentality. And i hope helping real conspiracist, showing them that YES the NRA is worst then the Illuminati. BECAUSE THEY ARE REAL.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86

originally posted by: DrumStickNinja

it's turn political because you are the only "advance nation" that these things happen.... Please, inform you outside of the USA. Check out how other countries ( advance one ) work plz.

For the conspiracy.... This website dissapoint me SO FREAKING MUCH....

Your gouvernement is PROUVE TO BE CONTROLLED BY THE NRA ( FACT ).

No Illiminati, No M-16 mind-control, no "Gouv do this to take our gunssssssss".

YOUR gouvernement let your population kill urself, KILL UR FREAKING KIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS with gun.

just now, again in Canada, we report your senseless KILLING of a 12 killins is brother who is 13.
Yesterday, it was a 12 or so boy killing a 8yrs girl because she didnt want to let him see her puppy little dog....

You let THE NRA controlling your GOUVERNEMENT. And for HOW MUCH YEARS.... Does the killings stop ? Nope

NRA, a REAL LOBBYIST GROUP, force your politicians to acces, praise, DISTRIBUTE, guns everywhere.

Why all your REAL conspiracy-er, people that want to know the TRUTH from the gouvermenet and lobbyist groups destroying your life and killing YOUR KIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

You never question how NRA work, how they have so much power... You just eat their propaganda and believe they are protecting you.....

You are the Pity of the modern world.... BY FREAKING CHANCE, your non-sense mentality about gun is conceal to your country.

Happy that Trump could win and built wall everywhere so your guns stay with your kids shotting their brains out....

BRAVO Usa... Lol... pathetic ( even more from a conspiracy site ignoring the NRA Lol ).

Now i almost came here just to laught at ur pathetic mentality. And i hope helping real conspiracist, showing them that YES the NRA is worst then the Illuminati. BECAUSE THEY ARE REAL.

Thank you for your kind.......input. I have now had my daily dose of hate.........thanks?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If I had read this thread before the last incident I would have called BS on it (as I have all before).But now I feel the same way. I changed while watching Obama's "politicizing" speech . Instead of just watching , I watched his face. I paid attention to the emotions in his voice.
At times it appeared that he had to try and suppress a smile. And I do say "appeared" . But it was a strange speech to be given after a tragedy.
Now , after that I am rethinking my outlook on past events.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
How about: Life is risky, uncertain and inherently dangerous.
What if: This isn't a gun issue? Regardless why or how this event took place, maybe this is just a cultural programming excersize?

People are dying everyday from things much more absurd than delusional crimes of passion carried out by throwing chemically propelled rocks.
Car wrecks, drugs, cancer, infections, drowning, animal attacks, poison....
Life is a bitch.

The problem, as abother poster stated is the psychological question concerning our collective madness and the state of our cultural sickness.

IF this shooting IS random crazy.
As the OP states, it seems a little fishy.

If these shootings ARE manufactured, provoked, overstated or etc, I believe the purpose isnt to implement gun control. I believe the purpose is to control the narrative and ensure that it is a divisive discussion. 'Gun Control' is no different from transexuals, race wars, abortion, pick your poison. Questions without answers that people in their own relationships either don't ask or agree on within their own communities, or can accept differing opinions on without debate.

The big question for me is, what should we be thinking about instead of this crap? What are we missing while we spin our tires contemplating the age old brutality and senselessness of life on Earth?

If you read this thanks. Hopefully I didn't dwell too far from the OP. It's rare I post, but here's where my thoughts landed today.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JRedBeard

An interesting perspective. I haven't looked at it from that angle.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I find it really strange how the father of the shooter was talking about gun control. I would think that would have been the last thing on his mind. I'm not making light of what his kid did, but the guy still lost a son.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Professor Doom 1 on youtube and zeekly has some good presentations on these "shootings".. Check them out. He also compares them to actual events which are easily proven. It seems that if the FBI, ATF, and other agencies get involved, the narrative bounces around like a spastic kid on red bull.

The media is all too happy to misinform when they are pushing an agenda.
edit on 6-10-2015 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join