It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I The Only One Who Feels Like Many Of The Recent Shootings In America Feel A Little...Off?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
The other night on CNN Anderson Cooper was speaking with a victims relative's. I did not get who they were in relationship to the victim. But Anderson started the whole " gun topic" and the response he got from these specific two.....was not the response Anderson was expecting. His face was in total shock as these two are pro-gun!.

(A) It was Jesse Atkinson, step-brother of Cheyenne Fitzgerald, who was shot but survived the attack.

(B) The Producers certainly knew he was pro-gun...it's why they put him on the air.

(C) The opinion of a brother of someone that survived should not be where we look for answers to the question of gun regulation...whichever side of the fence you sit on.

There is a rational discussion to be had here and as long as the NRA disagrees with that premise, I disagree with them.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JRedBeard

Liked your point of view very much

And here is something I posted in another thread, but it seems that when we are newbie 'round here, nobody seems to care too much about your saying (but I'm stubborn enough to endure it
). I hope, however, that this thread will go a step farther and see what I'm trying to say:

Wikipedea (en.wikipedia.org...) stats says:

- Between 1990 and 2007 (17 years) the average number of shootings in school in America was 3.78 per year.
- Between 2008 (Obama's first term) and today, this avarege skyrocketed to 15.75
- If we consider only the last 4 years, i.e. from 2012 to today, the avarege is of 23.75 number of shootings in school per year (let me repeat that number: 23.75/year) .

And we are talking about the number of times someone entered a school shooting. I'm not telling number of victims here. I will not approach that subject.

Having said that, answering the following questions is paramount to find the solution for the current problem:

1) Have the number of mental illness cases 5-folded in the last 8 years compared to the last 25 years?
2) Have the number of guns 5-folded in the past 8 years?
3) Have the number of mentally-challenged people with gun access 5-folded in the past 8 years?
4) Have the number of mentally-challenged people with gun access and the will to shoot in a school 5-folded in the past years?
5) Have the number of mentally-challenged people with gun access and the will to shoot in a school and the skills to do it 5-folded in the past years?

Now, unless you answer these critically, you will not have the right solution for the shooting-in-schools problem.

My educated guess is: there are people who want you very much to believe that nowadays every other person around you is a lunatic that can easily a) get a gun, b) get a lot (looot) of ammo, and c) handle that gun properly and fast enough to make a lot of victims before being stopped; and these people also wish you to believe that this mentally challenged person, capable of all of the above, is lurking somewhere and will anytime soon enter your school shooting, and then he/she will be killed by the police or suicide.

(oh let's add one more thing? Let's be clear that this mentally challenged person (a very angry one), who is smart enough to get a gun, ammo, handle the gun properly always happen to be a male. Good, at least we know females are incapable of getting angry, getting guns or getting at the school to shoot kids.)

It can't get more logical than that.

We can add JRedBeard's point here, and think also, where is really the issue? Is all this just a smoke curtain, a diversion strategy if you will, or is it really a matter of trying to disarm the American people?

I don't know... I don't know... time will tell.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
I think you are in denial and are putting your personal desire to own firearms above other peoples lives, and inventing a conspiracy theory to do so.

Well that is an interesting comment to make.

Whose trying to have it both ways ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
Well, first off. This never used to happen much..even in Bush's term it was minimal. Now in Obama's term its happening more frequently. They have already been busted using the media and "Crisis Actors" and highly suspected that some of these were ust media news "stories" and nothing more.

I've never seen one "Crisis Actor" accusation that stood up to even the slightest real research. And every single accusation of this is also libeling an innocent person who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, often setting them up for ongoing harassment.

As long as this is Skunk Works, it's just as plausible that people are being played by trolls creating these "crisis actor" videos to make gun advocates look like complete loons.

Regardless of Crisis actors or not, to believe that every man and woman who treats weapons with respect, and many of which who have had military training or civilian training, doesn't have the right to protect his family with an equivalent weapon that criminals use to rape and kill their families.....those people are complete loons.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsctsc

Liked your point of view very much

And here is something I posted in another thread, but it seems that when we are newbie 'round here, nobody seems to care too much about your saying (but I'm stubborn enough to endure it
). I hope, however, that this thread will go a step farther and see what I'm trying to say:

- Between 1990 and 2007 (17 years) the average number of shootings in school in America was 3.78 per year.
- Between 2008 (Obama's first term) and today, this avarege skyrocketed to 15.75
- If we consider only the last 4 years, i.e. from 2012 to today, the avarege is of 23.75 number of shootings in school per year (let me repeat that number: 23.75/year) .

And we are talking about the number of times someone entered a school shooting. I'm not telling number of victims here. I will not approach that subject.

Having said that, answering the following questions is paramount to find the solution for the current problem:

1) Have the number of mental illness cases 5-folded in the last 8 years compared to the last 25 years?
2) Have the number of guns 5-folded in the past 8 years?
3) Have the number of mentally-challenged people with gun access 5-folded in the past 8 years?
4) Have the number of mentally-challenged people with gun access and the will to shoot in a school 5-folded in the past years?
5) Have the number of mentally-challenged people with gun access and the will to shoot in a school and the skills to do it 5-folded in the past years?

Now, unless you answer these critically, you will not have the right solution for the shooting-in-schools problem.

My educated guess is: there are people who want you very much to believe that nowadays every other person around you is a lunatic that can easily a) get a gun, b) get a lot (looot) of ammo, and c) handle that gun properly and fast enough to make a lot of victims before being stopped; and these people also wish you to believe that this mentally challenged person, capable of all of the above, is lurking somewhere and will anytime soon enter your school shooting, and then he/she will be killed by the police or suicide.

(oh let's add one more thing? Let's be clear that this mentally challenged person (a very angry one), who is smart enough to get a gun, ammo, handle the gun properly always happen to be a male. Good, at least we know females are incapable of getting angry, getting guns or getting at the school to shoot kids.)

It can't get more logical than that.

We can add JRedBeard's point here, and think also, where is really the issue? Is all this just a smoke curtain, a diversion strategy if you will, or is it really a matter of trying to disarm the American people?

I don't know... I don't know... time will tell.

Interesting.

Here is an interesting article from 2011 regarding something else that is new on the scene:

U.S. government launches pharmaceutical division

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Well, first off. This never used to happen much..even in Bush's term it was minimal. Now in Obama's term its happening more frequently. They have already been busted using the media and "Crisis Actors" and highly suspected that some of these were ust media news "stories" and nothing more.

I've never seen one "Crisis Actor" accusation that stood up to even the slightest real research. And every single accusation of this is also libeling an innocent person who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, often setting them up for ongoing harassment.

As long as this is Skunk Works, it's just as plausible that people are being played by trolls creating these "crisis actor" videos to make gun advocates look like complete loons.

Regardless of Crisis actors or not, to believe that every man and woman who treats weapons with respect, and many of which who have had military training or civilian training, doesn't have the right to protect his family with an equivalent weapon that criminals use to rape and kill their families.....those people are complete loons.

A) I've got no problem with law abiding people owning weapons.

B) There are other people who are advocating very restrictive gun laws pointing to much lower gun crime in most other industrialized nations. Whether I agree with them or not, they are in my opinion rational. Those who seriously believe that the government is hiring actors to pretend they are the parents of dead six year old children have (in my opinion) succumbed to some sort of mass delusion.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You are.... what you just posted there is meaningless.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Meaningless eh.

Hows' that ?

All muslims aren't 'bad' but all gun owners ARE.

Am I trying to regulate Islam?

edit on 7-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsctsc

Uh...can I have a link please?

Tried to find your stats. You cited Wiki and I found "List of school shootings" on Wiki..

en.wikipedia.org...

You might notice they differentiate between "School Shootings" and "School Attacks"..

School Shootings includes any shootings on school grounds..Suicides..arguments..gang fights...a crossing guard that caught in a drive by...even a 3 year old in TX who accidentally brought his dads gun to school..

School "Attacks" are gunmen showing up with the intent of killing multiple people..

Lastly...Obama's term began Jan. 2009, not 2008...

Just trying to sort out what stats and years you are working with

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

I've got no problem with law abiding people owning weapons.

Define law abiding

It is a slippery slope in being a soup Nazi.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Not sure the media didn't orchestrate the crowd scene(s) There are repeating patterns of movement not exactly alike. Makes me question the reported time frame of the incident...unless the whole incident was an orchestration...which of course it wasn't...a reply to: neo96

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Meaningless eh.

Hows' that ?

All muslims aren't 'bad' but all gun owners ARE.

Am I trying to regulate Islam?

Uhh...Where to start...

Religion is...well a religious belief? And guns are a manufactured product?....Religion and guns are two different topics? or put another way...both Muslims and Christians alike as well as atheists can own and fire a gun...?

Actually...forget it...I just realized that this is your primary tactic in threads..

To equate Christianity to an AK-47 for argument purposes and derail.

Kinda of tired of having reality debates with you and would rather discuss meaningful things.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Uhh...Where to start...

Here is the place to start.

I know everyone just loves my 'memes'.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Uhh...Where to start...

Here is the place to start.

I know everyone just loves my 'memes'.

Uh...

That is only relevant if having religious faith equips you to fire 600 rounds a minute out of your mouth.

Can't argue with folks that don't believe in basic reality. Honestly...when you declare Christian or Muslim = AK-47 and a religious faith should be treated like 9 millimeter pistol...where to start a rational discussion?...

But what the hell.. I'll play...

"How about we treat every young man who wants to buy a gun like every woman who wants to get an abortion

— mandatory 48-hr waiting period,
- parental permission,
- a note from his doctor proving he understands what he's about to do,
- a video he has to watch about the effects of gun violence,
- an ultrasound wand up the ass (just because).

Let's close down all but one gun shop in every state and make him travel hundreds of miles, take time off work, and stay overnight in a strange town to get a gun. Make him walk through a gauntlet of people holding photos of loved ones who were shot to death, people who call him a murderer and beg him not to buy a gun.

It makes more sense to do this with young men and guns than with women and health care, right? I mean, no woman getting an abortion has killed a room full of people in seconds, right?"

Posted by someone of FB..

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

But what the hell.. I'll play...

I already played.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let go further let's treat all muslims like gun owners.

Let's go the distance about bout we treat ever voter like gun owners?

Wouldya like to see that ?
edit on 7-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad
Created massacres would suit TPTB very well at this current juncture. Mixing them in alongside real, unprovoked and mostly unexpected mass shootings would allow said "staged" or "hoaxed' events to blend in much easier.
Now, your point is taken into honest consideration my friend. However, we are dealing with a government with quite a track record. They ARE willing to kill to move agendas forward, to pass laws, to swing voters in directions suitable for their plans, and to scare the gullible folks out there into giving up their freedoms under the pretext of security and safety.
So, given that notion, how could one not be at least suspicious of the events unfolding around us? Trust me my friend, I'm not signing off on all of these shootings being false flags. However, some of them really do carry with them a feeling uncertainty in regards to their legitimacy. I'll be honest, if any of them were literally faked, the live television shooting down in Virginia would be the one that I would point you in the direction of. That's the one I've really looked into as of late, and I'll be honest, I really did find things that bkthered me significantly. No bias going into said research, just saying.
At the end of the day though, these shootings need to stop, regardless of who is carrying them out.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
No, OP, I'm sure the FOX'NEWS' crowd along with the PrisonPlanet and Brietbart readers are right there with you.

a reply to: solongandgoodnight

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Let go further let's treat all muslims like gun owners.

Let's go the distance about bout we treat ever voter like gun owners?

Wouldya like to see that ?

Or...How about we try something really crazy and treat gun owners like gun owners?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: DelMarvel

I've got no problem with law abiding people owning weapons.

Define law abiding

It is a slippery slope in being a soup Nazi.

How the hell am I a "soup Nazi" !?

It's long been illegal for convicted felons to own a gun. You have a problem with that?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I am just curious how a thread posted on someone's feeling "off" about an issue can be moved to the ATS Skunk Works forum, considering is based solely on personal opinion and perception.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join