It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I The Only One Who Feels Like Many Of The Recent Shootings In America Feel A Little...Off?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

You aren't the only one. Many of these events seem planned, by someone other than the claimed shooters. Conflicting witness reports, changes in details, and all sorts of anomalies, seem to be the norm.

I had not thought about using the Christian targets as a means to make people want gun control. For me, it's the opposite. Arm everyone, and then these shooters don't get away with much!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
It is clear to me that progressives are politicizing the events to try to take guns away from the citizens. The one thing that makes this obvious to me is that they seemingly combine different types of events to muddy up the topic of gun violence and seem to focus on the guns like rifles.

For example, FBI data shows handguns are used to commit gun crimes. Second, most gun violence is in the inner cities.

In fact, I think something like only 300 of the several thousand murders that occur are done with rifles of ANY KIND. So why do the gun grabbers focus so much on so-called assault rifles when the data clearly shows these guns are hardly used at all in the commission of crimes?

So if the guns mostly used are handguns, the crimes committed are mostly in the city why focus your efforts on banning guns like AR-15s which are mostly being bought by good ole boys in middle America?

This makes no sense to me...

Its simple. A tyrannical govt will always attempt to remove the tools that can fight it most effectively.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Here is my theory and Im sure it will be met with some name calling but it is JUST a theory. 6 plus years ago a black man was elected President. It goes without saying that black people all over America had visions of a new life. Sadly things have not changed except more are on govt handouts. The most deaths occur by young black men who not surprisingly have the highest un employment rate of any group. I think I read somewhere it was like 25% or something like that. So you have a quarter of this group who though Obama was their savior only to find out life is now worse then before! I just saw a article that Obamacare is the key to fighting gun violence! It's one big shell game!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: eisegesis
I love how most surviving family members become gun control advocates immediately following the incident. I also don't like how incidents involving 50 or less people can give birth to sweeping policy changes that affect almost 320 million people. One individuals race, religion, sexual bias or any other declarative motive does not represent the thoughts or opinions of an entire demographic specific to that motive.

I dont often see car pilups with many casualties, cause legislation to ban cars....

So why is it they do it with guns?

Some people drive drunk, and cause accidents , should we take peoples cars away?

And why is it when an officer kills a black man, they dont blame the gun? They blame the officer for being out of control racist with problems.....

But when a civilian kills people, they blame the gun......

the game is a foot and the agenda is clear, so is the blatant progressive hypocrisy

you can tell by what the president decides hes going to call a press conference on......

Didnt see him calling a press conference to stop the targeting and killing of police officers......NOPE

Didnt see him come out against guns THEN, because it didnt fit the narrative.........

Stop it. You're spitting too much truth.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
There is no mass murder epidemic in America. Violent crime is at historic lows. Sexual assault is lower and lower. Even kids accidental injuring and/or dying during improper discharge of a firearm has been going down every year for a decade+ .

The only thing that has changed is that the Devil has recognized that people are becoming better, and since virtually all the media is controlled by evil greedy men, they have made sure to fill every minute and hyperlink with every possible news of dread, hate, death, and fear in an attempt to frighten people into submission. Fortunately for us it is not working, and more of the truth is exposed to humanity on a daily basis.

A beast is always loudest and violent before its imminent demise. This is what is happening with government controlled dinosaur media that was consolidated to a peak during Y2k to usher in the age of total mind control of entire populations. They just failed to calculate how subversive social media and the internet would be to the cause of evil as it became much harder to hide the truth.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I dont often see car pilups with many casualties, cause legislation to ban cars....

So why is it they do it with guns?

Because cars aren't purpose-made for killing people?

*shrug*

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
Hey I just wanted to point out that according to the Marine Corps, a handgun isnt even really a weapon but only for defense, and they list its range (M9 specifically) at 50 metres max (with generally 17-30 metres effective range)...

I know that doesnt address your point on accuracy but I think Edumakated's point was just that handguns are damn inaccurate relative to any other firearm.

I agree with everything you said though, it's really stupid how when police kill civilians Obama doesnt talk about disarming the cops, and when mentally disturbed people shoot up something rather than saying we need better screening for mental health, he hints at disarming normal law abiding people.

The US wonders why it has a violent society whilst drone-striking weddings and hospitals.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Umm yes they are. If you drive one into a person, the design of that car will cause the impact of flesh and bone to die or become horrifically injured. If you use it correctly noone dies. Same with a firearm. And in reality it is not the gun itself but the projectile and powder/charge that cause death. Have you seen what these gangs give to some of these kids in central America? It looks basically like a simple pipe. They load a cartridge into one end and are able to slam the ghetto equivalent of a firing pin with their hand on the other causing the charge to ignite and launch the projectile. Typically only used in surprise attacks or an up close execution, but just as effective.

The only difference between a sling shot and a 1911 or 11-87 is the charge that sends the projectile into its target with greater force. The gun doesnt do any killing, only the projectile.

Many other useful way to utilize a firearm as a tool include, door breaching, fire starter, decommission a propane tank for scrapping, plinking soda bottles (like a slingshot too), as an alarm or alert to others, to "scare" away a threat, hammer, crack open nuts, smash out the glass to free a trapped toddler in a locked car, defeat restraints etc etc...

Many of the same things can be done with a vehicle.

These tools only become dangerous when malicious intent or callous irresponsible behavior are involved.
edit on 7-10-2015 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I said "purpose-built".

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

eh well, I tried.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
It seems just as manufactured as ISIS. Funny how when the government needs a problem so they can in-act their solution, one always seems to rise to occasion doesn't it? Curious and curiouser I say!

Can't blame our gov. uh, for sticking to what works that is. Over and over
and over and over again and again and again time after time without fail.
Because people choose to remain ignorant to what's really going on in our
world. And it's nothing but selfishness that keeps them reliant on their
total ignorance." Strong delusion that they should believe a lie".
edit on Ram100715v52201500000021 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight>>> I think its entirely POSSIBLE that something may be "off" about these shootings. At the very least the facts and crime scenes and media coverage are engineered and staged in ways to promote what the official story is wanted to be. Crappy reporting and the feds covering things up doesn't mean they're involved, only that they aren't being truthful and are guilty of tampering with evidence. And this latest shooting does seem "Off". Very " Off". It happened, but not the way they're saying or at least they're trying to make it look a certain way by ignoring or changing the details that don't work for them. Then, too, the media coverage is just terrible.
I watched a video of Anderson Cooper interviewing an alleged survivor of the Colorado movie theater. Either it was staged or Cooper was the victim of a hoax. Again, crappy or misinformative reporting.
We're being lied to so we're becoming more and more distrustful of what we're being told. That's just smart, not crazy.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I think you are in denial and are putting your personal desire to own firearms above other peoples lives, and inventing a conspiracy theory to do so.

edit on 7/10/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
I think you are in denial and are putting your personal desire to own firearms above other peoples lives, and inventing a conspiracy theory to do so.

If you're replying to me, I don't even own a gun so there's not a "personal desire". Anyway, I hope you're right and the theory is nonsense. Being wrong in this case would be much better than being right.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

The biggest issue in all this if true, would be plausible deniability right?

To what extent does the rabbit hole go?

How has MKUltra advanced over the decades?

How bad does government want full control over its citizens?

And most importantly, is it conceivable that enough people in the hiarchy see passed certain national taboos?

Taboo 1 - nation first above all others. Our officials would never ever sell us out. Oh no.

Taboo 2 - our government would never kill their own.

Taboo 3 - killing is immoral

If you were to see past those taboos and saw a means to an end, would you do so?

Do I know who really did 9/11? No. Do I know why it was done? The prima facie induction is that it gave the Bush Administration a blank check to do everything that came next: wars, Patriot Act, etc.

In the field of PSYOP such things are not analyzed or judged morally, just cause-and-effectly. Once of the consequences of being a PSYOP officer is that you wind up seeing the whole damn world this way, with all of the moral, patriotic, religious, etc. overlays (fetishes, sacred cows, taboos) as "just part of the show". It doesn't even make you cynical, because cynicism requires something to be outraged against. Instead you become numb. That's the real, the serious danger, because the thing that is divine in the human soul is the ability to apprehend, and to desire, and to affirm, the Good. If we lose this, we are nothing.

Michael Aquino - AMA

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=

edit on 7-10-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FreeQuebec86

If Quebec had guns, you wouldn't have to ask to be freed, you would use your guns and become freed. The founding fathers didn't use words to overthrow the monarchy, they used guns. While Canada, well look at your money and you can see the difference that guns made.

if the monarchy ever decided to use its legal powers, would you follow the law or revolt? If you revolt, that will only last along as the people with the guns allow you to revolt.
edit on 7-10-2015 by thinline because: Siri and autocorrect

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

Yeah, it seems off because I believe in almost all of these incidents the perps were using on prescription psychiatric meds. How and why they had access to a gun...I don't know. But this stupid knee-jerk reaction to enact even more gun control legislation is for the birds. MOST gun owners are extremely cautious, careful and calm when handling firearms for any reason. Yet, the whole group is bastardized when something like this happens. There are literally HUNDREDS of non-enforced laws on the books that address most of the complaints. Instead, our politicians would rather grandstand on these issues and come up with more laws....JUST SO THEY CAN LOOK LIKE THEY TOOK ACTION.

How would it appear if they went before the people and said...."uhhhh, well, uhhhh, we've had laws on the books for some time and, uhhhhh, well, uhhhh, we just haven't enforced them." So you see, all this diatribe about executive action is nothing more than a F'ing public relations stunt.

And they ignore ANY discussion about mental state or medications that might be a HUGE contributing factor to the actions of these folks. Why???? Well, rocket scientists let's see....the government is owned an run by corporations, and one of the largest group of these is the pharmaceutical industry. Do you really think that every one of these corrupt politicians is going to shoot themselves in the foot and go after these folks, turning down lucrative donations to their campaign coffers.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Hate to say it, but not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I think more shootings is just a natural progression for a country with so many guns in this day and age.

Seems completely mad to me that the gun laws are how they are and it's hard to see a way to change it.

Here in the UK I have no need for a gun and no fear of being shot.
If I moved to the US would I get a gun? Damn right I would.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The discomfort people feel may come from the disparity between the growing acceptance of mass shootings as a fact of life and people's internal instinct that killing innocent people is wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join