It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! Nato warns Russia to cease strikes immediatly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Nato demands Russia "immediately cease" attacks on Syria's opposition & civilians

It is stil breaking news
this was a demand for immediate cease.
They sound pretty serious about this, yikes

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: lamplighters
Nato demands Russia "immediately cease" attacks on Syria's opposition & civilians

It is stil breaking news

www.bbc.co.uk...

Hmmm....a bit misleading on the title...there was no word of 'immediate" used. The entire link reads:

Nato has urged Russia to end air strikes "on the Syrian opposition and civilians", days after Moscow began raids to support Syria's government.
Moscow says it is targeting Islamic State and other Islamist positions, but US-led allies and Turkey say government opponents are targeted.
Turkish F-16 fighter jets were scrambled after a Russian plane entered Turkey's air space on Saturday.
Russia said the incident was a "navigational error".

So they are simply urging them to cease the attacks....I highly doubt urging them is going to stop them.

+80 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Translation...

Stop bombing ISIS, we need them.

#ing joke.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: lamplighters

Both Russian and American military have a good track record bombing other than the intended targets.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: lamplighters

Or else what? What will NATO do if Russia doesn't comply?

Also, I found this statement funny:

Moscow says it is targeting Islamic State and other Islamist positions, but US-led allies and Turkey say government opponents are targeted.

Aren't IS and other Islamists opponents to Syria's government?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

i saw the BBC news say Nato demands Russia "immediately cease" attacks on Syria's opposition & civilians it even poped up on BBC news site as a Breaking News pop up, as usual BBC was a tad bit to fast to report it and has now changed to Syria conflict: Nato warns Russia on air strikes.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: lamplighters

It is stil breaking news

www.bbc.co.uk...

Hmmm....a bit misleading on the title...there was no word of 'immediate" used. The entire link reads:

Nato has urged Russia to end air strikes "on the Syrian opposition and civilians", days after Moscow began raids to support Syria's government.
Turkish F-16 fighter jets were scrambled after a Russian plane entered Turkey's air space on Saturday.
Russia said the incident was a "navigational error".

So they are simply urging them to cease the attacks....I highly doubt urging them is going to stop them.

Actually i read it as Nato demands Russia "immediately cease" attacks on Syria's opposition & civilians
they may have updated it but i can screenshot what i saw

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I think it's more a case of stop bombing the Free Syrian Army , we need them.
Russia is hitting both as it serves their purpose.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: blobby
a reply to: Vasa Croe

i saw the BBC news say Nato demands Russia "immediately cease" attacks on Syria's opposition & civilians it even poped up on BBC news site as a Breaking News pop up, as usual BBC was a tad bit to fast to report it and has now changed to Syria conflict: Nato warns Russia on air strikes.

i screenshotted it whilst it said immediatly.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Translation...

Stop bombing ISIS, we need them.

#ing joke.

Exactllly what I thought when I read the title.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's a joke but at the same time I can entertain that idea as being plausible.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
..."Moscow says it is targeting Islamic State and other Islamist positions, "...

Other Islamist positions = anybody yelling Allahu-akbar.

The same as:
I did it.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Or else what? What will NATO do if Russia doesn't comply?

I was thinking the same thing. What's NATO gonna do about it? Threaten them? Threaten them again? Get really mad and threaten them a third time? "Dog-gone-it Putin. We really mean it this time."

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If it looks like a terrorist, talks like a terrorist and acts like a terrorist, Russia will dispose of it.

Unfortunately this includes the good rebels, as well as the bad. AKA - Any group opposed to the Assad regime, AKA - any group armed and trained by NATO including ISIS.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well I sure have a bad feeling.
Been great to know you all maybe I will bump into you all in the nuclear wasteland.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well I sure have a bad feeling.
Been great to know you all maybe I will bump into you all in the nuclear wasteland.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Bombs away! I forsee thiis war is going to continue for some time, no Russia isnt going to stop bombing them until they are all wiped out.

Terrorist supporting countries wont stop sending in mercs to topple the Assad regime, if they do the war will end.

So if NATO starts WW3 and attacks the Russian forces in an all out assult and nukes fly everywhere we will all die.

If they dont then the terrorists will be bombed into submission.

When I say terrorist I mean all the dudes that arent part of the government and are terrorists trying to ethnicly cleanse Syria, and the groups connected to them like ISIL AL Queda FSA AL Nusra or whatever terrorist group they are naming themselves now. I think I read there are hundreds of different terrorist groups now in Syria all opposed to Assad.

edit on 5-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Putin and Obama have two different ideas on how Syria should be governed after Russia has defeated ISIS.

I think Putin is right in that he wants Assad to remain for a time because the country needs a government in placel If you leave different factions of the opposition to sort out Syria, there is the possibility of war again if they won't agree and it will take them time to get their people into place and start being a government. The Syrians need things done fast and as smoothly as possible. They can have elections and decide if Assad should go once the country is back to some form of normality.

Obama wants his people ruling Syria but the vacuum if Assad leaves with his governmental people will create chaos.

In actual fact Obama and his backers has been caught right out on this because its his demand that elected President Assad go and all the death and destruction he has caused by backing his people, have incited a dreadful civil war and these people should be put on trial for the deaths and destruction caused .

Its up to the Syrians themselves to decide who runs their country once they have their country back, then not Obama or Putin or anyone else whatever vested interests there are lucking in the mud.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Russia also violated Turkey airspace so the meeting was called up. ISIS is a terrosrist organization and remember all terrorist tend to operate in area where there are civilians. Remember Palestine bombings, same thing when terrorists go where civilians are so they not only get publicity but also know that in there they have human shield sort of.
edit on 5-10-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I find it interesting how much poop Putin gets. I personally don't think the guy's all that bad. MSM says otherwise, and until I was old enough to start forming opinions outside of what "they" tell me to be true, I felt bad for "hating that commie bassturd". My belief on the matter, he's doing what he and his advisors believe is right. Whether it is or isn't is of no consequence. What we do have to remember however is..... how often does America "do what's right" and gets no opposition?

Double freakin standard bro..
edit on 5-10-2015 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join