It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Students Revolt After Principal CANCELS ‘AMERICA PRIDE DAY’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: Annee

That also goes to show how deep and effective the leftist NEA and values clarification has gone in indoctrinating our youth against their own country and their parents beliefs. After all, that is what values clarification is for and always was.
If even a handful of kids revolted, there's still hope.
Just because a majority were too brainwashed or had parents from different countries doesn't mean they are right.
The point of a representative Republic is to stop mob rule from destroying valuable principles and mores.

Awwwwwww, does the majority not think the way you think they should?

No apparently they think the way leftists and un-Americans think they should. Why vote against American Pride unless they have been taught to think their nation is not something to be proud of?

Of course, we don't know how many of them are non-assimilated illegals, or immigrants who have been confused by extreme diversity messaging.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

That also goes to show how deep and effective the leftist NEA and values clarification has gone in indoctrinating our youth against their own country and their parents beliefs. After all, that is what values clarification is for and always was.
Just because a majority were too brainwashed or had parents from different countries doesn't mean they are right.
The point of a representative Republic is to stop mob rule from destroying valuable principles and mores.

No apparently they think the way leftists and un-Americans think they should. Why vote against American Pride unless they have been taught to think their nation is not something to be proud of?

Of course, we don't know how many of them are non-assimilated illegals, or immigrants who have been confused by extreme diversity messaging.

Uh huh. Because it came in 3rd they are voting against America.

Couldn't possibly be that they were voting for something --- oh say, higher education. The importance of getting a college degree.

That way they can be proud of themselves.

edit on 5-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Compared to what it used to be, i got no complaints. A little too PC and agenda driven but better than what it used to be.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The point of bringing up Aquarius is that Aquarians typically are of their own mind and often ahead of the crowd. I'm so sorry it was so difficult a concept for you and it upset you enough you had to whine about it not being the topic of the thead. You were the one seemingly of the opinion that majority is all that matters, and frankly it doesn't and it never mattered to any saint or individual who believed in truth.
I believe in individuality not the collective, and obviously you and I are of a different mind. But c'est la vie and isn't it great that everyone isn't a cookie cutter?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

It's also incredibly sad and self-absorbed to feel your country is great because you can and like to criticize it.

That is why this country was founded. To be a nation of individuals that agreed to be governed by representatives and we were given the right to hold them accountable (criticize).

What's really sad is more people would rather cheer for the St. Louis Cardinals than learn about their own country's origins.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Uh huh. Because it came in 3rd they are voting against America.

Couldn't possibly be that they were voting for something --- oh say, higher education. The importance of getting a college degree.

That way they can be proud of themselves.

I like that and will use that. I wasn't voting against xyz, I was voting for abc. This could be fun. I'm booking marking this post for reference purposes.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

No they were not voting for higher education. Pullease...Common Core has worked much faster in confusing students than I imagined.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

This country was founded on the principles of liberty, yes, and that does include the right of redress of grievances. The Left continually spews anti-Americanism and continually says how much they hate everything America does and how terrible America is.
I'm going on what I have observed on message boards since 08.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

The point of bringing up Aquarius is that Aquarians typically are of their own mind and often ahead of the crowd. I'm so sorry it was so difficult a concept for you and it upset you enough you had to whine about it not being the topic of the thead. You were the one seemingly of the opinion that majority is all that matters, and frankly it doesn't and it never mattered to any saint or individual who believed in truth.
I believe in individuality not the collective, and obviously you and I are of a different mind. But c'est la vie and isn't it great that everyone isn't a cookie cutter?

I was raised with metaphysics, psychics, astrology, power of positive thinking, etc etc in the 50s.

Long before most people were even aware of it. So, you're little tantrum is useless on me.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

No they were not voting for higher education. Pullease...Common Core has worked much faster in confusing students than I imagined.

You read minds too?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

This country was founded on the principles of liberty, yes, and that does include the right of redress of grievances. The Left continually spews anti-Americanism and continually says how much they hate everything America does and how terrible America is.
I'm going on what I have observed on message boards since 08.

So when someone actually uses their rights granted by this great nation to criticize that nation for doing things it was not designed to do, that's Leftist and anti-American?

If someone criticizes what Obama does in the name of this nation, are they also a Leftist anti-American?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

What's really sad is more people would rather cheer for the St. Louis Cardinals than learn about their own country's origins.

what's really sad is you read my post as I spend my Saturdays cheering sports teams. I do not. Perhaps that is simply the only venue where you have ever experienced people singing the national anthem.
What's sad is you do not understand the difference between criticizing your country because you are not proud of it, and the point of redress of grievances, and my commentary addresses that that is not the only reason to be proud.
So sorry you missed the nuance
edit on 5-10-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The kids voted to have College Day.

But, the Flag Waivers think that's bad.

Strange world.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

no I do value that I can criticize POTUS... or well let's see Obama sicked the IRS on Tea Party groups as a way to stop his opponents....so yah I value being able to criticize but it would be better if POTUS didn't ABUSE his office in retribution.

Remember it was the Democrat Progressive liberal fascist POTUS WILSON who made it illegal to criticize government....

The Sedition Act of 1918 (Pub.L. 65–150, 40 Stat. 553, enacted May 16, 1918) was an Act of the United States Congress that extended the Espionage Act of 1917 to cover a broader range of offenses, notably speech and the expression of opinion that cast the government or the war effort in a negative light or interfered with the sale of government bonds. [1]
It forbade the use of "disloyal, profane, scurrilous, or abusive language" about the United States government, its flag, or its armed forces or that caused others to view the American government or its institutions with contempt. Those convicted under the act generally received sentences of imprisonment for five to 20 years.[2] The act also allowed the Postmaster General to refuse to deliver mail that met those same standards for punishable speech or opinion. It applied only to times "when the United States is in war."

en.wikipedia.org...

My how times have changed.

I could swear POTUS is the reincarnation of Wilson. But again redress of grievances is still not the same as the plain ol anti American hatred flowing from the fount of leftist wisdom.

You just didn't get that being able to criticize is not what makes me feel proud of my country but it is apparently what you specifically take pride in. ok that's fine, I criticize too and boy do I criticize if I feel that government is misbehaving, and they are misbehaving seriously in our name. Perhaps we can agree on that point. We would be remiss if we didn't object to our government doing awful things.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Strange world.

So it was either/or and the majority were more worried about college than about where their country is going....ok

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

You read minds too?

I've been known to actually

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

You read minds too?

I've been known to actually

Me too actually.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Strange world.

So it was either/or and the majority were more worried about college than about where their country is going....ok

Apparently, which I'd say is their right - - since its their school too.

It doesn't seem they took your agenda into consideration.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

oh dear me, I've never noticed your penchant for metaphysics. Do forgive me Annee

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Sure it's their right. Whenever did I say it wasn't. Perhaps it's a matter of priority and awareness.
When they voted for college day, what were they going to get they wouldn't get otherwise. You make it sound like they won't get higher education without College Day....
Now the question I have is, if America Pride Day was only third, how did it come to be a day that got cancelled?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join