It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What this woman says sends a chill down my bone

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yes while in America is illegal to have more than one women or man is still very much practiced, how they do it? well you don't have to show that you are marry to more than one.

Illegal where? There are other religious groups in America who practice polygamy as well. Mormons are famous for it. And there are christian polygamists as well, living right here in the ole USA...particularly in Utah. Lots of them, in fact. They're usually waived due to religious reasons regarding the laws, but true, you do not have to have a marriage license in order to be married, nor do you have to have actually be married at all, in most states.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

(pats self on the back )

Thanks for the the kind words, though I don't want to mislead you on something. I'm tolerant of people regardless of their skin color, hair color, height, weight, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, hobbies, religion, creed, ideology, marital status, etc. But I'm completely intolerant of intolerance. I'm kind of like the guard dog that doesn't care what the people do as long as it causes no harm ("live and let live"). But once they start hurting, bullying, or oppressing each other, I get involved.

In the real world, I'm just as intense against the Middle East's "kafala" system as I am against America's low wage system (Fight for $15!!!). And I'm just as supportive of the women's rights movements in African & Muslim countries as I am of the ones in West. And I've had almost as many physical confrontations against child abusers & women bashers as I have against racists. But most people on ATS don't actually seem to care about those "left wing" issues, which is why I rarely mention them here (and don't bother making threads about them either).

Kudos to you for setting it out there so calmly and concisely. I grew up in Saudi and lived around Muslims my whole childhood and they were (and still are) the most peaceful, family-oriented, kind people you could possibly want to meet. It really disturbs me to see the blind hatred and vitriol being spouted about them from people who have not the first clue what they are going on about. Damning the many for the actions of the few is not what this country is about, and fearmongering like the OP here is just perpetuating the cycle. I am like you--I have issues with individuals who do terrible things, no matter what race or color or ethnicity, but to blame an entire group for something that isn't anywhere near the truth is wrong. Period.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

What a bunch of whiny Muslims. Six days notice and they are still allowed to take their kids out of school without penalty. Muslims are not worried about celebrating their holiday. They want the school system to submit to their ideas without question.

Everyone, regardless of religion, is allowed to take their kids out of school without penalty. That has been in effect. They got nothing special...that was kind of the point. What they were asking was ridiculous, and they were told "no". Just like everyone else, including the Jewish people who were also "whining", as you can clearly hear in the video.

Islam is such a plague upon the middle east.

This happened in the US, not the Middle East.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

a reply to: neo96

Some towns and city centers in the U.K simply do not display Christmas decorations or hold events down to the apparent religious implications anymore.

Political correctness gone mental if you ask me

That sucks for you guys. christmas is still in full effect here in the US. We have the entire River Walk dolled up for xmas, every single year here in San Antonio, and every other city I've ever been to across the USA does something similar. Freedom of religion and all that.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Christians eat lamb at Easter.

Most christians I know eat lamb every week. Greek food is quite popular if you're into eating babies.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: andrewh7

That's laughable. Ever been to a slaughterhouse? I love meat and I have no delusion about where it comes from. I don't see how killing an animal on an assembly line is any different from killing an animal in the street. There are probably a lot of American hunters who don't capture deer in cages, drive them to a slaughter house and shoot them in the back of the head with a bolt gun on an assembly line. They shoot them with a bow and arrow, and then cut the animal's throat ....in woods. Government even licenses these people for the purpose of reducing overpopulation and the burden on the finite food supply.

You're just looking for a reason to hate people. You're willing to rely upon anything that supports your preconceived notion of what a Muslim is and ignore everything that doesn't. How opportunistic!

Apparently, she's never been hunting or fishing either. That would probably horrify her too.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy

Really? Muslims live in poverty in the UK? Quite the opposite.

Yes, the closure of churches does make me sick in contrast to the amount of mosques AKA Islam becoming more popular and Christianity moving away... hence the topic of this thread.

I thought that was your point when you said Muslims live in run down areas? What was your point then?

They most certainly are more likely to live in poverty...

British Muslims Among The Most Deprived In The Country, Finds Landmark Report

Nearly half (46%) of the Muslim population resides in the bottom 10% of the most deprived Local Authority Districts in England.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

A Trades Union Congress study says some 69% of the communities live in poverty and, at 43%, they have the lowest employment rate of any ethnic group. In comparison, 20% of white people are said to be living in poverty.

news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 7-10-2015 by Scouse100 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2015 by Scouse100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

We were once a Christian nation...

How were we a Christian nation? Was there something in the Constitution or civil laws that acknowledged Jesus and we all missed it?

A majority would constitute a Christian nation.
A good 80 -90% of Americans once identified themselves as Christians.
Not all that long ago either, historically.

And the founding fathers designed a nation specifically to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority and guard against the theocracy which they fled.

Your bemoaning of "Once we were a Christian nation" is valid only in a statistical sense, but invalid in every other sense of what our Nation is. Kind of like saying "Once we were a White Nation!" or..."Once we were a nation of child laborers!"...
Insert anything irrelevant or even contradictory to our form of democracy..

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scouse100

Yes, the closure of churches does make me sick in contrast to the amount of mosques AKA Islam becoming more popular and Christianity moving away... hence the topic of this thread.

I thought that was your point when you said Muslims live in run down areas? What was your point then?

Nearly half (46%) of the Muslim population resides in the bottom 10% of the most deprived Local Authority Districts in England.

A Trades Union Congress study says some 69% of the communities live in poverty and, at 43%, they have the lowest employment rate of any ethnic group. In comparison, 20% of white people are said to be living in poverty.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Ive grown up in a city that has young muslim men driving expensive cars, dealing drugs and having about 5 expensive cars parked in their big houses.

Some will live in poverty. Just like anyone. But from what i've seen if they are living in poverty it's probably due to the sheer volume of children they seem to produce. Also, when I said run down areas it's because they simply don't look after them. A once beautiful area of my city is now inhabited solely by Muslims. Beautiful big houses... all lived in by Muslims and not one house/garden is looked after anymore. The areas are run down and shameful.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

It's fine where I am in Glasgow, whole city centre and malls are decked out to the nines at Xmas time.
George's Square does an event and there are even council lights and trees erected in just about every housing scheme. Never take Christmas away from us Scott's. After all its our run up to ne'er day.

Just a few crazy places in other areas of the nation that's councils decide for whatever pc related issue's to get there knickers in a twist.

We have had freedom regarding religion here for rather a long time. But it's still at heart a Christian nation.
edit on 7-10-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Being from Austria this video sends a severely cold chill down my spine. The woman is definitely right. We are not allowed to tell our children the meaning of Christmas anymore ((order from the state), all the crosses were taken down in schools and hospitals and we are not 'allowed' to voice our opinion on Facebook and such or our jobs are terminated. One of Austria's most famous musicians (Andreas Gabalier) was censored a few days ago by his record company (Facebook post was deleted), when he spoke out about the massive 'invasion' of our country. In the past four months, I was groped twice, food was taken off my plate while sitting in a Restaurant outside, and people where sleeping infront of my door in my apartment building. The crime rate is sky rocketing and police officers are writing anonymous letters to newspapers that they can't handle it anymore... We are soooo lost...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scouse100

news.bbc.co.uk...

Ive grown up in a city that has young muslim men driving expensive cars, dealing drugs and having about 5 expensive cars parked in their big houses.

Some will live in poverty. Just like anyone. But from what i've seen if they are living in poverty it's probably due to the sheer volume of children they seem to produce. Also, when I said run down areas it's because they simply don't look after them. A once beautiful area of my city is now inhabited solely by Muslims. Beautiful big houses... all lived in by Muslims and not one house/garden is looked after anymore. The areas are run down and shameful.

In my locality there is a large area of rundown houses occupied in the main by white non-muslims, and the drug dealers are generally white too, so can we agree that it's safe to say that looking only at our local situation doesn't say much about the bigger picture?

The UK Muslim fertility rate is somewhere between 2.5 and 3, that I feel, is something that is often exaggerated.

If we would really like to improve cohesion, surely we need to be looking at the reasons that it might not be working and tackling those, because discrimination, demonisation and scapegoating is only exacerbating the situation.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Do you know what the greatest thing about America is? You can always leave....

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

No, having laws based on Christianity would make us a christian nation.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'm half Scottish myself...although I've never been to Scotland yet, and am a Pagan heathen
But I do celebrate Christmas because my daughter does. I love the lights and the trees and all that. We're a christian nation too, for the most part, and I don't think that's going to change any time soon...regardless of what bunk the OP and other alarmists are trying to infer.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Well they probably wouldn't be migrating if america would stop bombing their homes, countries and familys!

Deny Ignorance if you can!

.!.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It is becoming a battle of religions. A good reason to keep them separate from state.

<< 11  12  13   >>

join