It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billings Man Sentenced For Attempting to Buy and House Sex Slaves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It would seem that some piece of trash from Billings Montana decided to buy two sex slaves. This strikes very close to home (literally). Everyone is a little rattled.

Court documents state Currence agreed to buy two sex slaves for $5,000 each and even showed an undercover agent a stone dungeon in his basement that include restraint devices. A raid on Currence's home found fifty-foot chains in his bedroom and coverings on the windows.

Link

(I apologize for the short article, but it was the only one I could find that wouldn't give you some stupid quiz or question before you could see it).

Now, this man lived in Billings and presumably the property he intended to house them in was in Billings but he went to Arizona to buy them at a "slave auction". I do wonder sometimes about Montana though. I know that it stands to reason that in a higher-population area that you will have more instances like this, but many people, very strange people, come out here to "hide". We have an intrinsic culture to not poke into other people's business as long as there is no apparent harm. This guy had this planned out; I mean chains that could reach to the bathroom, how to transport them, where to keep their paperwork so they had no recourse at all. I can't help but think that things like this may happen more often in Montana than people think. Not to mention that there are certainly remote places out here where you could hide something like that pretty easily. He owned three houses on the same block but it doesn't quite seem like they were adjacent to each other and the actual address hasn't been released.

This is just so scary to me that human beings are sold like this. Slavery has certainly not gone away. Driving it under ground makes things bad for the victims but institutionalizing/legalizing it certainly doesn't seem to help either. We will only justify the harm that we do to each other. See them as subhuman because it benefits us to do so, how that manifests doesn't matter. It could be the color of their skin or their religious beliefs or... Whatever. We are driven to dominate other human beings and we are driven to acquire status with "things" and when those two things come together we also get something very, very ugly that it seems like we can't get away from this. It's so sick and it makes me so sad. On that note... This guy plea bargains down to eight years... I mean EIGHT YEARS!!! for this. How is that even possible? He had torture devices installed in his basement and oh... well, you know eight years should be enough. Which makes me sick.

The rumor mill has it that his wife committed suicide seven years ago. The initial response to that is usually "Well gee, I wonder why", but some people are actually expressing some sympathy for this guy, figuring that maybe he just "broke" after his wife died and some people (all of them young-ish men) have just speculated that he was having a hard time finding someone and gave up. Someone doesn't just break that much from one incident, he was already broken. There is no excuse for this sort of thing and seeing people attempt to empathize with this scum bag just makes my skin crawl. It makes me wonder where we are going to be in a generation or two honestly.

I do not know any locals that knew him in case any one is wondering.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well, if he got eight years inside then he's probably gonna find out what its like to be used, and there's no escape!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

He better start packing his own # before people start doing it for him

His luggage I mean

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

It is great that you are exposing this and you are right, it is pretty hard to believe that slave trading still is alive and well. And it could be happening some place very near you. Remember the guy that held two or three young girls hostage, girls from his neighborhood, for years.

Nobody wants people all up in their business, and I would never want people spying on their neighbors, but if your Spidey senses tell you something is not right, you may want to be just a tad more vigilante.

I can tell you from working on a SART team that people are capable of some horrendous things, and very often the very last people you would expect.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

So there are slave auctions in AZ? I think that this needs to be focused on. One would think that this kind of thing should be nipped in the bud from the source. Sadly, I think the people who are in a position to stop this either don't care or are in on it.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Unfortunately, cases like this are the tip of the iceberg. It only gets more depraved as you dig deeper. Which I recommend not doing if you like sleeping at night. Makes you wonder if there are some people who are truly born with no conscience or empathy for their own species. SMH.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Slave auctions take place in some of the most unlikely places.

It goes as they say, much deeper than you can ever think.

edit on 30-9-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Correction.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

So there are slave auctions in AZ? I think that this needs to be focused on.

Somewhere in Arizona was the physical location named for this slave auction, however, it may have been entirely fictional. Currence (our prospective slave owner) was interacting on-line with an FBI agent. He interacted with the man quite a few times and confirmed that he was looking for a slave who could be a "house keeper with benefits". At one point he physically showed the FBI agent the dungeon that he had built in his basement to house at least one of the slaves. Three other men were arrested in this as well, but the Billings guy of course hit the local media and grape vine.

I think that there are indeed slave auctions in this country. I would imagine that those specifically target migrants because they can be more easily controlled if you have control of their documents. This is apparently becoming a more prevalent problem.

top topics

join