It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we living in a simulated reality?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: iFloButta

That's a possibility. Although a singularity or post human society wouldn't be necessary for simulated reality. What you need is a really powerful computer. Or we could be the result of a simulation of an alternate universe to the one the creators of the simulation exist in.

I am personally opposed to transhumanism on philosophical and spiritual grounds so I hope we wisely choose not to merge with machines.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Consider this, all of your sensory input is separated from real-time by let's call it travel lag. Enjoy your meat-suit. Give this matter some thought.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If this is a simulated reality perhaps that explains some of the out of the timeline artifacts. Where some artifacts don't make sense. Perhaps when the program was reset it left some garbage behind. The switch happens when we can control the program.
Pure BS but what the heck that what this place is here for.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: datasdream

Hmm.. I guess timeline artifacts could be explained by a server/world merge like MMO's do all the time. Would explain the Berenstein bear issue and people remembering history differently

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SynchronousSnake

I agree, Simulated Reality easily explains the phenomenon like Berenst_n Bears and Mandela etc. Could be a merging of servers, bad code, hacking, or simply the author of the code coming back to try and drop a hint to anyone paying attention.

It's almost too damn convenient.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DannyTorrance

Yes, we're in a simulation designed for purposes of perfecting spirits.

Check out my revelations about that truth on my earlier thread Reality is a Simulation.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Wow great thread you linked to thanks!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia yes its simulated, whats a technological singularity?

My memory may not be exactly at 100%, but in the movie "The 13th Floor" I think the singularity occurred when the programmer realized they had not just been successful in creating a virtual world, but that it went so much further than that.

Once he was awakened, there was no way to put the Genie back into the bottle.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DannyTorrance

I agree a singularity is not necessary. A simulation, like you say, just needs a powerful PC.

I also agree that we should not merge with machines, but it might not be up to us once a singularity is created

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
a reply to: Trachel

Wow great thread you linked to thanks!

Thanks!

Check your PMs!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
How can "entities", which are fictitious because they are only a piece of a greater simulated reality be conscious of the fact their simulated reality is not real if they themselves are not real?.

Step away from the thing, the supposed reality you are immersed in and you can see there is a lot here that positively is not simulated or fabricated.

The only part of this reality that is false or simulated is the human factor of it.

Everything here is real except people and the alterations they seem to need to make to everything around them.

The only thing that supports people's belief in this false reality are the beliefs' of the people in it that it is actually real.

I think I will go buy me a TV for the first time in 15 years and escape into "non-reality" until reality catches up to me and I can be free from this simulated situation.

Reality is what remains after one stops believing in everything else.
Belief creates a false sort of reality, but just because one believes something does not make it any more real anywhere but
in their mind. Usually, only for the sake of making a sale.....

ESCAPE.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
A good lesson on reality is to load up camping gear onto a bicycle trailer and ride over mountains and any other terrain one must navigate to get to a certain place.

There are only two things in this existence, one is desirable and the other is not desirable all other things are the result of how one goes about attaining or avoiding these two things.

Pleasure and Pain.

I'm not a masochist, but learning to almost enjoy pain is a definite plus here.

But one must figure out what those things are after shedding the things we have been conditioned to believe them to be.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You are living in a simulated reality.

I am not.

I'm 'through' the singularity, out of the 'simulation' (if you want to call it that) - and it was a trippy experience of the mind that you'll absolutely have no doubt about having gone through it when you do.

Two easy way to gauge things:

Can you hold two contradictive thoughts in your head at the same time?

Is death and disease a part of the game?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join