It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Taught us a lot of Astronomy

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FearYourMind
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The Mayans also knew of stars that aren't visible to the naked eye or a regular 6 inch telescope. You would need Hubble to see them. So to me they also had some sort of divine intervention that taught them these things. Maybe not God, but aliens, fallen angels or whatever else that may exist in our multi-dimensional world.

Prove it.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I watched a documentary about it, but don't remember which one it was. I'll have to search, but I have a job interview to go to so I'll be gone for a while today. I will try and find it though. It wasn't Ancient Aliens either jfyi.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

Saying it was a documentary even if it wasn't Ancient Aliens doesn't give me a lot of confidence. Documentaries are notoriously known for being wrong. I'd prefer some sort of text or document proof that I can verify easier.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Actually I'm using the Euclidean Geometry definition of a circle.

Circle

A circle is a simple shape in Euclidean geometry. It is the set of all points in a plane that are at a given distance from a given point, the centre; equivalently it is the curve traced out by a point that moves so that its distance from a given point is constant. The distance between any of the points and the centre is called the radius.

A circle is a simple closed curve which divides the plane into two regions: an interior and an exterior. In everyday use, the term "circle" may be used interchangeably to refer to either the boundary of the figure, or to the whole figure including its interior; in strict technical usage, the circle is the former and the latter is called a disk.

A circle may also be defined as a special ellipse in which the two foci are coincident and the eccentricity is 0, or the two-dimensional shape enclosing the most area per unit perimeter squared, using calculus of variations.

"Circle" has many definitions.

a closed plane curve consisting of all points at a given distance from a point within it called the center. Equation: x 2+ y 2= r 2.
the portion of a plane bounded by such a curve.
any circular or ringlike object, formation, or arrangement:
a circle of dancers.
a ring, circlet, or crown.
the ring of a circus.
a section of seats in a theater:
dress circle.
the area within which something acts, exerts influence, etc.; realm; sphere:

Notice "sphere" is one of them.

Source

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Saying it was a documentary even if it wasn't Ancient Aliens doesn't give me a lot of confidence. Documentaries are notoriously known for being wrong. I'd prefer some sort of text or document proof that I can verify easier.

I can agree with that, but they knew where the exact center of the Milky Way galaxy was and a lot of things about Pleiades that we didn't learn until ten years ago with the Hubble Telescope.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Circle

A circle is a simple shape in Euclidean geometry. It is the set of all points in a plane that are at a given distance from a given point, the centre; equivalently it is the curve traced out by a point that moves so that its distance from a given point is constant. The distance between any of the points and the centre is called the radius.

A circle is a simple closed curve which divides the plane into two regions: an interior and an exterior. In everyday use, the term "circle" may be used interchangeably to refer to either the boundary of the figure, or to the whole figure including its interior; in strict technical usage, the circle is the former and the latter is called a disk.

A circle may also be defined as a special ellipse in which the two foci are coincident and the eccentricity is 0, or the two-dimensional shape enclosing the most area per unit perimeter squared, using calculus of variations.

a closed plane curve consisting of all points at a given distance from a point within it called the center. Equation: x 2+ y 2= r 2.
a circle of dancers.
the ring of a circus.
dress circle.

Source

That part of the definition that includes sphere is for a cliche. Circle of influence is a saying. It added realm and sphere to the end of it because you can change the saying around a bit by swapping out those words.

A sphere is NOT a circle.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

There are other scriptures that would back up this argument.

Gen 1:7 So God made the dome and separated the waters that were under the dome from the waters that were above the dome.

A "dome". Is that not what the Earth is?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

No... A dome is at most a half circle. In fact, the word "dome" fits in better for a 2d circle than an orb since the bottom of a dome is a circle, then you have the dome sitting above it.

Dome

A dome (from Latin: domus) is an architectural element that resembles the hollow upper half of a sphere.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

It actually uses the word firmament which is defined as " a sphere or world" in one of two definitions.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Genesis 1:7 (ASV) And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Can we just agree that it was damn close haha. We are arguing about different interpretations and writings that have been re-written in several languages.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

The continents have edges by no stretch of the imagination.
And the context in which pillars is used could easily be symbolic.
So again the most any of you have amounts to an argument.
You have know proof the Bible is wrong about anything.
But no one can stop you from be wrong going forward and
continuing to make the same tired old claims that really only
amount to nothing any way. Keep trying.
edit on Ram92515v47201500000043 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Can we just agree that it was damn close haha. We are arguing about different interpretations and writings that have been re-written in several languages.

I have no problem agreeing to disagree, but I will not concede that you were even close to right in your OP. Like I said, you are using a confirmation bias to selective interpret the bible while disregarding the many more parts that contradict with your predetermined conclusion.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I'm not a genius. My grandfather was and worked for NASA and was good friends with Wernher Von Braun. Wish I was as smart as him, but surely there are people here on ATS that are. I just think they don't want to touch on this subject. Thanks for chipping in though Randy. I appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I'm not asking you to concede. Only to hear me out.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If anyone wants to see how much a country can change with that great influx of foreigners, just take a Look at Sweden. I believe I read rape was up 500%. You would be a fool to think that such a large amount of people would not have an impact.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
If anyone wants to see how much a country can change with that great influx of foreigners, just take a Look at Sweden. I believe I read rape was up 500%. You would be a fool to think that such a large amount of people would not have an impact.

I'm sorry, but did you accidentally post on the wrong thread? Because I have no idea where that came from.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Circle

a circle of dancers.
the ring of a circus.
dress circle.

Source

That part of the definition that includes sphere is for a cliche. Circle of influence is a saying. It added realm and sphere to the end of it because you can change the saying around a bit by swapping out those words.

A sphere is NOT a circle.

A sphere (from Greek σφαῖρα — sphaira, "globe, ball") is a perfectly round geometrical object in three-dimensional space that is the surface of a completely round ball, (viz., analogous to a circular object in two dimensions).

Source

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yeah, it's kind of funny actually. Since man was ordered not to look to the stars for information.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I believe that's because the Fallen Angels are among those stars and what he meant was do not look upon them for information. Satan and his Fallen Angels are the ones who fooled humanity into believing God wants to keep the truth and information from us and that Satan would give us knowledge. Just my own theory after studying fallen angels, nephilim and the spiritual realm.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join