It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiorina Spins a New Lie, and Her Issues With Truth Look Compulsive

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Fiorina Spins a New Lie, and Her Issues With Truth Look Compulsive

I'm pretty sure Fiorina is a compulsive liar. First there are the lies she made about the Planned Parenthood videos during the most recent Republican debate, but now she is lying about her tenure at HP.

Late last week and over the weekend, Carly Fiorina was caught telling the same lie to FOX News' Sean Hannity, and Chris Wallace. On their shows, Fiorina maintained that even though Hewlett Packard goods were sold in Iran while she was CEO of the company, the SEC had performed a "thorough investigation" that "proved" she and other executives were cleared of having any knowledge of the matter.

Except, as I wrote on this site, that isn't at all true. FactCheck.org decided to look into the matter, and ruled that Fiorina was not telling the truth. In fact, FactCheck asked Fiorina's campaign for any SEC documents that cleared her of any knowledge of HP's Iran dealings, and the campaign couldn't provide a single one.

Here is her making the same lie again; this time without keeping her story straight.

"That was after my time. So I actually am not aware of that. I mean, apparently they were named that, but I don't know that. You know, it was after my time there. I can't speak to that," Fiorina said.

Interesting. First, Redington Gulf was named Wholesaler of the Year for HP in 2003, when Carly Fiorina was very much the CEO.

Here is the transcript.

WALLACE: At the time, that company that was making the sales to Iran -- and you were the CEO of HP at the time -- was named the wholesaler, HP's Wholesaler of the Year.

So, how can it be that they were doing all this business with Iran, you were calling it the -- HP was calling it the Wholesaler of the Year and you didn't know what was going on?

FIORINA: The Wholesaler of the Year that you're describing was doing business with another company that was doing business with Iran. Clearly, that Wholesaler of the Year, which should not have been the Wholesaler of the Year, was not honest in their dealings with us and they were not honest in their dealings with this third company.

How does one go from knowing all about Redington Gulf being named Wholesaler of the Year, and lecturing Chris Wallace about it, to not knowing, for sure, if Redington was really named Wholesaler of the Year, and generally playing ignorant, just a few days later?

I don't care what you think about her issues, if this lady can't tell the truth, you shouldn't be voting for her.

How does one go from knowing all about Redington Gulf being named Wholesaler of the Year, and lecturing Chris Wallace about it, to not knowing, for sure, if Redington was really named Wholesaler of the Year, and generally playing ignorant, just a few days later?

The answer is, of course, one does not unless they have a problem with telling the truth.

This fits a pattern that is growing, of Carly Fiorina embellishing facts until they're not true anymore, and now, changing stories between interviews, to give herself an air of innocence. And, she does it even after getting caught in a lie on a particular subject (Iran), knowing full well that she'll likely be caught again.

Here are all the lies she's told in the recent past:

It isn't just that the SEC chose not to prosecute HP (true), now it is telling Chris Wallace and Hannity that the SEC "thoroughly investigated" HP (false) and specifically cleared her (false).

It isn't just that she really had nothing to do with naming Redington Gulf "Wholesaler of the Year," (probably true) it's that she wasn't even CEO at the time (false) and doesn't really even know about the issue much at all (false).

It isn't just that she worked hard and rose up to become CEO of HP (true), it's that she came from humble beginnings and rose from "Secretary to CEO" (a gross mischaracterization, at best).

And it isn't just that she saw disturbing videos of Planned Parenthood (true), it's that she saw videos that had a kicking fetus with a beating heart and people saying to keep it alive to harvest its brain (insanely false).

Now I know that politicians are known liars, but come on. No one is THIS obvious with it...
edit on 24-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
She's setting up the dialog for the winning candidate.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If we are just talking about lying politicians,
Carly is not at the top of the heap.

Is Hillary getting nervous and feeling intimidated already?

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
if this lady can't tell the truth, you shouldn't be voting for her.

edit on 24-9-2015 by burntheships because: fix quotes

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

S&F!

Here is the vid!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

This thread isn't about Hillary. And for the record, I'm not a Hillary supporter anyways, so please don't derail the thread about her. There are plenty of threads already about her lies.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

This thread isn't about Hillary. And for the record, I'm not a Hillary supporter anyways, so please don't derail the thread about her. There are plenty of threads already about her lies.

No intention, just pointing out that if we were just talking lies...
there is no case for Carly at the top, and that is in comparison to all the
candidates not just the only other woman running.

Carry on.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Now I know that politicians are known liars, but come on. No one is THIS obvious with it...

Read my lips, no... new... taxes.

If you like your doctor/health-plan, you can keep your doctor/health-plan.

I did not have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewenski.

Yeah, you're right, never THIS obvious.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Well it is true that there are quite a few liars in the running right now. That's why I try to point these things out. I've made threads pointing out other candidate's lies or idiotic positions. It's Fiorina's turn now. I'm not going to let her get away with it just because she isn't a career politician.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Read my lips, no... new... taxes.

If you like your doctor/health-plan, you can keep your doctor/health-plan.

I did not have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewenski.

Yeah, you're right, never THIS obvious.

Every single one of those lies were uncovered months after they were said. These lies were said a few weeks ago (if that, some were said last week) and have already been outed as such.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

So what? Except for (maybe) GHWB, the people that spoke those words knew they were lying through their teeth when they said these things.

For the record, I am not particularly fond of Fiorina or any of the rest of the bunch (D's and R's).

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'll pull a line from the GEICO commercials...When you're a politician running for office you lie and try covering your tracks, it's what you do.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Nice!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hmmm...so you think a woman hoping to be the first female U.S. President told a lie?

"What difference, at this point, does it make"?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

She never said that it did. I remember her answer. She said she lost a daughter to drug abuse. That's it.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I mean..I'd rather be openly lied to then someone be able to effectively lie to me if that makes sense. Better obvious then not.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

It's just that it's like she isn't even trying when it comes to her lies. I mean, what if she is a compulsive liar? Don't you think it would be a good idea to identify something like that NOW, before she can be elected and potentially lie about something far more dire.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Hmmm...so you think a woman hoping to be the first female U.S. President told a lie?

"What difference, at this point, does it make"?

I'm not going to vote for her either. I already said that I don't want to derail this thread into a bash Hillary fest, but for the record I'm not voting for Hillary because lies or not, she tends to collect political controversies like baseball cards. Which I don't think is a very good trait for a future leader.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Damn this woman just can't keep it all straight. She as might as well just give up now. Nobody could possibly take her seriously.

Also, I like how these threads always include the "but the other side...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Fact check org is a leftist propaganda machine. This is like saying, "Keith Olbernann said she's lying."

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
If we are just talking about lying politicians,
Carly is not at the top of the heap.

Is Hillary getting nervous and feeling intimidated already?

if this lady can't tell the truth, you shouldn't be voting for her.

Point is Hillary might be a bigger liar but Carly is the bigger hypocrite being she's spent her whole campaign and every debate calling out Hillary and her lies. She herself has her own issues and her HP past will come back to haunt her.

............and by the way, Carly is a Hillary donor.
"Carly Fiorina: Hillary Donor?"
"Carly Fiorina, it turns out, is a former donor not only to the Democratic Party at large, but to one high profile Democrat in particular: Hillary Clinton. And unlike Donald Trump, who has been quite open about his own donations for business reasons, Fiorina has tried to convey the exact opposite impression, as in her first debate appearance in August, when, looking around at her fellow candidates on the “second tier,” Fiorina went after Trump with this line:

I didn’t get a phone call from Bill Clinton before I jumped in the race. Did any of you get a phone call from Bill Clinton? I didn’t. Maybe it’s because I hadn’t given money to the foundation, or donated to his wife’s Senate campaign.

Hello? That statement is false".
www.conservativereview.com...
edit on 24-9-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join