It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope will dine with homeless, not politicians after addressing Congress

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

None so blind as those who will not see.

I can only speak to the Roman Catholics that I'm familiar with. Would you like to know who the major supporter of the homeless shelters in my town is? Yep. Our local branch of the Roman Catholic church...both of 'em.

Before you castigate the whole of the Roman Catholic church, wouldn't it be wiser to temper that criticism to those deserving of it?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Good point. They really do a lot for the homeless where I grew up.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Pope will dine with homeless, not politicians after addressing Congress - just to make it look right and keep up appearances.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

He may be making a statement against the self proclaimed greatest nation, or he may just be trying to do something positive. Either way it's a great gesture.

For those who want the Pope to give up the churches wealth.

I imagine the Pope has about as much authority over the churches finances as our current leaders have over our finances. The Rothschild control the finances of both.
edit on 24-9-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Will he then meet with the abused children . Pope of the paedophilic brothers .

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

So will he get arrested for feeding the homeless?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
He seems a pretty decisive figure in America, which is strange for such a Christian nation, why can't he just bring all Christians together to support him? It's ridiculous politics can be so divisive to a nation. I guess it's better than sectarian violence

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hey maybe he should use some of that Vatican money and buy them an apartment.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

The media will be present.
The food will be well prepared.
The homeless will appear downtrodden.
The Vatican security will be just out of camera shot.
The pope will be gracious and humble.
The world will lap it up.
The propaganda will be done.

The following day he goes back to 5-star service.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This is similar to the manipulator trying his best to prove to you he is not a manipulator. I don't like it. But whatever, keep believing the facade.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Childish as in not wanting to have lunch with Congress because gays and transgender people were invited to his arrival party.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Pendulums swing and people revolt when inequities are too extreme and too obvious. Maybe Pope Francis is a good guy. Maybe he's trying to balance the worst effects of the 1%'s excess. Then again, maybe he's trying to rein in the corporatists in an effort to prevent the predictable rebellion, and protect the global power base.

edit on 24/9/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
You go demagoge pope, you go!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I wonder if they will arrest or fine him just like they did all other people who were caught sharing kindness with the homeless...

Edit:

I have heard that back at the church, Pope Francis eats at the employee cafeteria, and sometimes with the homeless.
edit on 24-9-2015 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This man is walking the walk. It's wonderful.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I thoroughly enjoyed the Pope's address to COngress, although it was long and intense. I was expecting to get angry when he began to address "right to life". But what he said didn't offend me at all. I agree with what he said on the surface, 100%. I especially agreed when he stalked about every young person having the opportunities and support to have a family, if they wish to do so. The underlying doctrine of birth control and reproductive rights that the Church extols, not so much.
edit on 24-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This title would have made me happier:

'Pope will dine with homeless, on politicians after addressing Congress.'

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Does he dine with the homeless a lot in Rome? I don't really know, Do the churches let the poor sleep on the pews when it's cold outside? I haven't seen any pictures of that lately, do they use all the money they collect on Sundays to help the poor and needy, or just enough of it and bank the rest? Do they ever talk about the inqusitions they had where they killed and tortured people who didn't share their point of view? Or do they say terrorism is wrong because you shouldn't use violence to spread your religious beliefs. Do they talk about the child sex abuse in Muslim countries or do they... Well, probably shouldn't go there. Anyway, I believe in God not churches.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42

So will he get arrested for feeding the homeless?

Oh, that's a good one! Made me smile a little as I do recall laws that have been passed making it illegal in certain states to feed the homeless- I m thrilled he won't be having supper with wall street and with washington d.c.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join