It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope will dine with homeless, not politicians after addressing Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
kutv.com...'

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- America may be in for some tough love from the Pope.

After a lifetime of watching the world's most affluent and powerful nation from afar, Pope Francis walked on U.S. soil for the first time Tuesday, at the age of 78, when he arrived in Washington from Cuba.

He's assured of a warm welcome from millions of U.S. Catholics, and his poll numbers -- which would be the envy of any politician -- suggest that curious adherents of other faiths and even the nondevout are also eagerly awaiting his visit.

Gotta respect that, I know I do. I'm not Catholic, I don't follow any religion, and I love that he is opting to eat with the homeless, which means he'll be feeding them I'm sure, instead of sitting down with Washington elitist. But is this a political game the Pope is playing, or just being childish?

Vatican Disputes White House Guest List for Papal Visit

On the eve of Pope Francis’s arrival in the U.S., the Vatican has taken offense at the Obama administration’s decision to invite to the pope’s welcome ceremony transgender activists, the first openly gay Episcopal bishop and an activist nun who leads a group criticized by the Vatican for its silence on abortion and euthanasia.

I hope none of those homeless people are gay and or transgender!
edit on 23-9-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Good move. Actions speak a lot louder than words. It's all good and well to say what others should do but you have to walk the walk too. I'm not so naive that I don't realize this is a publicity stunt but it is still better to do this than wine and dine with the elite.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

LOL,

Should have done the same in Cuba.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Danton

I'm not so naive that I don't realize this is a publicity stunt but it is still better to do this than wine and dine with the elite.

It's not a "publicity stunt", it's THE real deal. This is IT! This is the Pope's big Rock and Roll Tour. It's a "really good show!"

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Oh yeah !!!!!!!!

The Vatican has a very dense and widespread investment portfolio – holding billions of shares in the most powerful international corporations. Just to give you an example – the Vatican is heavily invested in Gulf Oil, General Motors, General Electric, International Business Machines, Shell and many others. The Catholic powerhouse also has large investments with the Rothschild family, and a number of world-renowned banks. In the United States alone, the Vatican is deeply invested in the Morgan Bank, the Chase-Manhattan, the Bankers Trust Company and a number of others. Their investments are so diverse and abundant, that it could make for a separate story.

myfirstclasslife.com...

Now there's a guy people can 'respect' !

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I wonder what Conservatives hate more; The pope's plea to feed the poor and homeless or the pope's plea for us to take action to save the planet

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Nice rebuttal.

The Vatican isn't invested in any of them, they're joined at the hip!!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think it sends a message to the world.

He's coming to America to eat with the homeless and poor.

That shows you what he sees from his mansion in Italy. I'm pretty sure this pope talks about income inequality.

Good on him.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Malcolm X and Pope Francis would have been best buds:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I wonder what Conservatives hate more; The pope's plea to feed the poor and homeless or the pope's plea for us to take action to save the planet

Ahem.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

edit on 23-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Ahem.

Sorry I forgot that this visit by the pope completely changed the political system in the US! I guess we are now living under Catholic rule!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

It did muse.

It really did.

People are really defending a 'right winger' one percenter with Rothchild ties, and BIG BANKER ties.

It's raining cats, and dogs!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Neo,

Even one percenters with ties to the rorthchilds have the right to free speech...

Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
His Holiness will dine with the poor street people. He will bless them and forgive their sins. Maybe he will do a miracle and make them all rich like him and the Vatican, who are sinless. LMAO. Many Catholics love Christ, but the Vatican doesnt. They are about money. They horde money and wealth. If you ask poor in foriegn countries who is helping them financially, 100% of them will say evangelical Christians. They recieve nothing from the Roman Catholic Church

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Neo,

Even one percenters with ties to the rorthchilds have the right to free speech...

Wouldn't you agree?

Apparently that's not the case with the Koch's.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I hope he then goes and dines with Leper shakes their hands kiss them and maybe give them the holy needle

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

And what would YOU do if he does so?

See, there were far worse popes in history, and Benedict XVI wasn't a good pope, either. Most of them wanted their throne golden, their Mitra the highest ever and their Ferola made with jewelry.

I can respect if a pope says this isn't the right thing to do.

Of course he can't give away the churches riches and wealth in one go, it took centuries to collect those masses, and the attached redtapism doesn't like to work fast giving away it's ressources! But at least he tries.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danton
Good move. Actions speak a lot louder than words. It's all good and well to say what others should do but you have to walk the walk too. I'm not so naive that I don't realize this is a publicity stunt but it is still better to do this than wine and dine with the elite.

Well after the whole poor vs. rich rhetoric has been going on, a simple gesture such as eating with the less fortunate can became "political" for the conceited and rich. Perhaps, the Pope just wants to blend in and understand.
To understand what is going on on their level.
I'm not a religous guy myself, but I support his efforts to reach out to the masses and deliver a positive message. But is he altruistic or serving the "system".?
On the flip-side of things!!!!!! I want him to declare how much money does the Vatican Bank control and how much of it is related to the Rothchilds?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

But is this a political game the Pope is playing, or just being childish?

Of course it's politics. But not all politics are bad. Doing this shines a light, and a rather bright one, on the plight of the homeless.

...and how is it being childish. I admit to being a bit confused about that. Or did I miss something?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join