It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope will dine with homeless, not politicians after addressing Congress

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: seagull

Childish as in not wanting to have lunch with Congress because gays and transgender people were invited to his arrival party.

I don't think it's because they are gay and transgender that he would be unwilling to go, he is being affronted by the Obama administration, and it is that mockery that he dismisses while kindly accepting the alternate, dining invitation..

I'm glad he and the Vatican are quietly standing up to him- I don't think he wrongly judges gays or transgenders..

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I have my doubts as to the reasons transgender and gay advocates were invited.

I have a feeling, and that's all it is, that it was a deliberate affront to Pope Francis. I've no evidence of it, so don't ask for it...it's just a feeling I get after watching the actions of this Presidents administration over the past seven years.

From what I know of the man, Pope Francis walks the walk. He's not going to change things in the church over night. He's only one man, and there are entrenched interests inside the Vatican that do not want things to change.

At that level, given the labyrinthine politics that take place in the Vatican, I'll be kind of surprised if he doesn't suddenly have "medical issues".

I certainly wish him well.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Is it me, but why does some white guy from Europe representing a purportedly coloured guy from Israel eating with the homeless and then returning home to his palace paid for by the homeless mean news unless it is about fraud?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
To take make the church give up its financial investments is to make the Rothschild give back the money they stole from a Prince in Europe about 400 years ago.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Watch, These idiot's will try to blow up St Patrick's next.

Sorry, I try to be so positive, but I see the potential for doom all over this.

Just wanted to add. This, to me is such a cool thing that the Pope is visiting, and I think in the back of my head, "Something good!!!

Someone will try to destroy it.

edit on 24-9-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
If the Pope reflects "God" then he should be "Godly" and act accordingly.

If the halo hangs over your head, You better damn well be able to balance the weight.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Is he buying or is he sponging off the poor?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
I hope he then goes and dines with Leper shakes their hands kiss them and maybe give them the holy needle

well... I remember of a Royal , that refused to wear medical gloves and suit. during the Aids epidemic
and doing just that on full blown aids patients

www.youtube.com...

Leprosy too! MY GOD!! she's touching a Leper! ohhh the insanity !
medical facts people , need to learn, need to learn,
www.youtube.com...

there just some, that needs to break the barrier of MYTH.

edit on 42015ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago9266 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I speak as a Roman Catholic and as an American.

I'm very proud of the warm welcome and respect the American people have extended to our Holy Father. I know people have differing views on some of the social teachings of The Catholic Church, but it's wonderful to see people of all faiths, cultures and worldviews listening with interest to what he has to say.

Pope Francis is not saying anything different than what the other popes have said in the past. This pope speaks with his actions, his style, just as the other popes have done in the past. What this tells me is that in the curent modern world, people are still starving for what is good and upright... The Truth.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think he's setting a good example here, it's hardly a political statement of just the US either, it's simply what this guy does. When he goes somewhere or even when he's at the Vatican he makes time to help the less fortunate. If you have the time to live in the capital city of one of the top nations on earth, the least you can do is make sure people aren't going hungry in your city and that they have shelter.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I have my doubts as to the reasons transgender and gay advocates were invited.

I have a feeling, and that's all it is, that it was a deliberate affront to Pope Francis. I've no evidence of it, so don't ask for it...it's just a feeling I get after watching the actions of this Presidents administration over the past seven years.

From what I know of the man, Pope Francis walks the walk. He's not going to change things in the church over night. He's only one man, and there are entrenched interests inside the Vatican that do not want things to change.

I get the feeling that if he could, Francis would accept gay marriage in the church. It's not just his call though, the Vatican is a giant political machine and they're very opposed to doing that.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
kutv.com...'

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- America may be in for some tough love from the Pope.

After a lifetime of watching the world's most affluent and powerful nation from afar, Pope Francis walked on U.S. soil for the first time Tuesday, at the age of 78, when he arrived in Washington from Cuba.

He's assured of a warm welcome from millions of U.S. Catholics, and his poll numbers -- which would be the envy of any politician -- suggest that curious adherents of other faiths and even the nondevout are also eagerly awaiting his visit.

Gotta respect that, I know I do. I'm not Catholic, I don't follow any religion, and I love that he is opting to eat with the homeless, which means he'll be feeding them I'm sure, instead of sitting down with Washington elitist. But is this a political game the Pope is playing, or just being childish?

Vatican Disputes White House Guest List for Papal Visit

On the eve of Pope Francis’s arrival in the U.S., the Vatican has taken offense at the Obama administration’s decision to invite to the pope’s welcome ceremony transgender activists, the first openly gay Episcopal bishop and an activist nun who leads a group criticized by the Vatican for its silence on abortion and euthanasia.

I hope none of those homeless people are gay and or transgender!

Good on him. And here i was expecting him to dine with his pedophile priests.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

She was the best of the royals by a long shot...certainly more than Chuck deserved.

Absolutely fearless from what I saw of her.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I think you're right.

He's got a lot to do, and I'm not sure a lifetime is enough to make all the changes the Roman Catholic church may need, or that he thinks it needs.

So far, so good...but so far to go, as well.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I wonder who he'll eat with when he returns to his castle in Rome?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
If you care about anything "the pope" does you're a tool. Spend some time looking into what you are not hearing about from the loudest sources.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 0001391

People pay attention to what the Pope says and does because, like it or don't like it, he's the ordained leader of a religion that encompasses a significant portion of the worlds population.

Not paying attention is the mark of a tool.

Your point about the noise in the background is well taken, however...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join