It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repent you Sinners, and bow down to ALL that is Holy, er NOT.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I think you don't know what you're talking about, but so they're not lock-step on 100% of the issues... I guess, to you, that means they should hate each other...

People with different views CAN be friends. They have a lot more in common than not.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ObservingTheWorld

God Bless the POPE! Non believers have now opened their hearts to find Jesus! Errrr, well,,,,until the MSM stops covering his visit and we can all go back to the same ole same ole Christian bashing!

This is a glorious day! I am enjoying tremendously the abundant hypocrisy!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
And for those who think this pope is "political"... Realize that taking care of this planet, tending to the poor, loving your fellow man, forgiveness and giving are all spiritual values that have been co-opted and politicized by politicians. They have become political issues ONLY because politicians tell you they are.

This I agree with. None of these issues should be mandated by the government nor forcibly funded via taxation. It should be a personal choice issue, not a legislative arm twisting.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I sure do know what the hell I am talking about.

Nuns Lose Case Against Birth Control Mandate

How Hobby Lobby Split the Left and Set Back Gay Rights

I guess people forget about Kim Davis already.

Obama is no 'friend' to Christians. Neither is the Pope.
edit on 23-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Well, to be fair, BH did say the two of them have more in common than not...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Well, to be fair, BH did say the two of them have more in common than not...

Sycophants usually do.

edit on 23-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

So, do you condone STATE murder because the Ten Commandments are against it? The Government should do away with helping the poor because Christianity says they should be helped? The human condition is the same on both sides. I'm also not saying either side does a very good job of helping either their subjects or members respectively, but it also means that one side or the other does not have a lock on trying to improve the human condition.

Don't get me wrong, the POTUS should never make any decision based on what any religious figure says, but rather use common sense and understanding. So the President and the Pope agree on a few things, that is not bad in my book. I am a hard core atheist but I firmly believe some of the lessons in the Bible can only go towards helping humanity.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

So, do you condone STATE murder because the Ten Commandments are against it?

I actually prefer the ten commandments God only needed 10.

Whereas government has 10s of thousands of superfluous laws that are pretty much already covered with the Ten commandments.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I can agree with that.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

If the state actually murdered people, then yes that's wrong. But the death penalty is legal.

Isn't that what we're told when we bring up abortion ... gay marriage ... etc.? Those are legal. Oh and separation of church and state and stop shoving your morality down our throats and everything else.

Basically, you don't agree with the death penalty. I submit that a person wouldn't be up for it had they not arbitrarily deprived someone else of their own right to life in the first place. What do you do with them?

edit on 23-9-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Oh yeah!

This is some seriously laughable stuff considering the current goings on.

The Vatican has a very dense and widespread investment portfolio – holding billions of shares in the most powerful international corporations. Just to give you an example – the Vatican is heavily invested in Gulf Oil, General Motors, General Electric, International Business Machines, Shell and many others. The Catholic powerhouse also has large investments with the Rothschild family, and a number of world-renowned banks. In the United States alone, the Vatican is deeply invested in the Morgan Bank, the Chase-Manhattan, the Bankers Trust Company and a number of others. Their investments are so diverse and abundant, that it could make for a separate story.

This is just simply too 'rich' for the pun.
myfirstclasslife.com...

Saving the planet while raking in millions from BIG OIL.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sorry, ketsuko, but you missed the point. It wasn't about murder or the death penalty. I could have just as easily gone with "thou shalt not steal". The point is one side or the other does not have a lock on morality. Just because the POTUS and the Pope agree on something does not make it a bad thing. A good and decent course of action is always a good and decent course of action regardless of who endorses it. That's it.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ObservingTheWorld

Sorry, ketsuko, but you missed the point. It wasn't about murder or the death penalty. I could have just as easily gone with "thou shalt not steal". The point is one side or the other does not have a lock on morality. Just because the POTUS and the Pope agree on something does not make it a bad thing. A good and decent course of action is always a good and decent course of action regardless of who endorses it. That's it.

So taxation is a good and decent course of action?

We can revisit that thing about Thou shalt not steal anytime now.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I was brought up Catholic and I have the service on as I am typing! If anyone else is watching did you see the Bible the pope held up with cover made of shiny gold? No lie! It stood out like a sore thumb when the pope raised it in the air and moved it to the left then right then center.

I thought to myself, how many children could be fed with the sale of that book!

edit on 23-9-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Sigh, never mind, alliteration can be a hard thing to grasp sometimes.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Secretary of State and "catholic" (though I thought he was effectively excommunicated over his support of abortion and gay marriage?) John Kerry is in on this game, too. dailycaller.com...

He also held nearly $40 Million in defense contractor stock while running as a supposed "anti-war" candidate against GWB in 2004...

As I posted in another thread last week, the left's track record in escalating military actions and profiteering from them dwarfs the right's track record of the same since the Truman administration. It is truly a case of the media spreading BS and the people buying it that has positioned the right as "warmongers" and "environmental destroyers" in the eyes of many Americans. "Do as I say, not as I do" comes to mind for both The Church and The Lawmakers.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Not when Obama is forcing nuns to buy birth control pills, and making big hallbalu's out of the Hobby Lobby's.

The nuns were and are exempt (according to the ACA) from buying birth control. You bought the hype. See this post and source:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
The 10th circuit also noted in their ruling, that even if the sisters do sign the form, their insurance company (Christian Brothers) does NOT provide contraception, because they operate as a "church plan", which is entirely legal and exempted by the ACA. So NO ONE would be providing the employees of Little Sisters of the Poor with contraceptive coverage. They are seeking legal relief from a non-existent problem.

I don't know what you mean about Hobby Lobby. It makes as much sense as your "forcing nuns to buy birth control" claim...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So taxation is a good and decent course of action?

Yes.

We can revisit that thing about Thou shalt not steal anytime now.

Sure.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Doesn't change the fact Obama tried.

I guess Americans getting locked up for their religious views is perfectly acceptable in the 'new' world.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Secretary of State and "catholic" (though I thought he was effectively excommunicated over his support of abortion and gay marriage?) John Kerry is in on this game, too. dailycaller.com...

He also held nearly $40 Million in defense contractor stock while running as a supposed "anti-war" candidate against GWB in 2004...

As I posted in another thread last week, the left's track record in escalating military actions and profiteering from them dwarfs the right's track record of the same since the Truman administration. It is truly a case of the media spreading BS and the people buying it that has positioned the right as "warmongers" and "environmental destroyers" in the eyes of many Americans. "Do as I say, not as I do" comes to mind for both The Church and The Lawmakers.

Which begs the question.

How much stock are left wingers holding in alternative energy corporations, and the Pope.

Oh yeah it's definitly 'do as they say'.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join