It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Sisters of the Poor Aiding in the Religious Right Wing's Agenda for a Theocratic Government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The Little Sisters of the Poor sued Obamacare because they don't want to provide contraceptive coverage to their employees and they don't want to sign the Religious Objection Form that certifies their objection and provides an "opt out".

The 10th circuit ruling instructed the Little Sisters of the Poor to EITHER provide contraceptive care for its employees, OR sign the form, stating their religious objections. Note: The form (link above) does not authorize anyone to provide contraception, it simply states that they have a religious objection.

The 10th circuit also noted in their ruling, that even if the sisters do sign the form, their insurance company (Christian Brothers) does NOT provide contraception, because they operate as a "church plan", which is entirely legal and exempted by the ACA. So NO ONE would be providing the employees of Little Sisters of the Poor with contraceptive coverage. They are seeking legal relief from a non-existent problem. From the ruling:

It is clear Christian Brothers need not, and will not, provide contraceptive coverage if the Little Sisters opt out of the Mandate.

Little Sisters of the Poor v Burwell Ruling

So, why are the nuns still fighting this? If they are already exempt from providing contraceptive coverage because their provider is a "church plan", why are they still fighting tooth and nail to be exempt from signing the exemption form?

I postulate that the Sisters trust their religious lawyers (The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty) completely and are not worrying their little heads with the details of how they're being USED to promote a government that not only lets religions do whatever they want, but is instrumental in infiltrating the government with religious leaders and eventually, construct theocratic rule.

Why else would the Sisters be Taking Their Case to the Supreme Court?

Who is the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty? They are God's Rottweilers (Remember Hobby Lobby?)

Meet the small nonprofit law firm that’s reshaping American politics.
... a small, relatively unknown but highly influential law firm that has already prompted seismic changes in the country’s cultural and legal landscape.
Today, it is coordinating a half-dozen other lawsuits on behalf of religiously affiliated nonprofits, cases that are similar in spirit to Hobby Lobby. The Becket Fund’s operating budget has expanded substantially since taking a leading role in the fight over the contraception mandate. In 2012, it received almost a quarter-million dollars in funding from DonorsTrust, a group used to funnel money to right-wing groups from patrons like Charles and David Koch. The firm is pushing ahead on behalf of these nonprofits despite the Obama administration’s attempts to compromise. From Becket’s standpoint, even requiring religiously affiliated employers to sign a form stating their opposition to providing birth control—at which point the insurance company would pick up the tab—would violate their conscience.

Becket Fund Pretends It's Not Fighting Culture Wars

I am giving the Sisters the benefit of the doubt, for the time being, assuming they are ignorant to the fact that their employees won't be getting contraceptive coverage, regardless what they sign. I think they are pawns in the Koch brothers (et al) scheme to religionize this nation.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. But in the meantime, don't believe what you see on FOX news (or other headlines, for that matter), because You're Not Getting the Whole Story, and Megan Kelly wants it that way...

Be aware that the Religious Right has not even begun to fight!

edit on 7/26/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Theocratic Government... LOL

Only foolish leftest would promote such a thing as reality. If that were to happen, it would have been in the 200 years that Christians actually held the major sway in this nation.

A "Christian" theocratic government is about as likely as small Government.
edit on 26-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. It's been obvious for some time now that this was not about religious freedom. It's about politics and the nuns are a convenient catalyst in which to push an agenda.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

They are an example of the "American Taliban."

edit on 26-7-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

They are an example of the "American Taliban."

Yes beause theyve been so violent........what with their violent protests and burning buildings down and killing people in the streets
edit on 7/26/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Really? Maybe I'll give you more videos to convince you:

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It's not about the violence. It's the extremism of the ideology.

Surely that point did not go above your head.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
S & F for this. I watched a documentary by dispatches called Hunted : gay and afraid. While not strictly the same thing, the gist of the documentary was US Christian organisations joining together to meddle in out countries affairs and also affairs in the US. Basically, showing how they are getting organised and pushing for more of their religious laws to be put into laws.

This is pretty much the same thing I think. It scary really, the thought of an organised effort by the religious right to I pose their views on everyone else. I don't see any difference between that and what ISIS are doing, the Christian right have just been smarter about it. The money behind them is also pretty frightening to be honest.

The thought of living under a theocracy is a very scary one. Historically there have been no good thocracy. I also think even the christians would regret opening that can of worms once people start trying to legislate their version of morailty.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Really? Maybe I'll give you more videos to convince you:

That one with the children is awful to watch. That to me is brain washing. They were not born wanting a theocracy, their parents and pastprs have brainwashed them in to it.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Megatronus

Any time religion is allowed to become the foundation of government or law, we burn people at the stake.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Im sorry what does the Tea Party have to do with those videos?

I can pull any number of videos out of my butt and make any kind of claim

Keep grasping at straws though

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Is this like those videos about the little kids singing about how wonderful Obama was going to be? Remember all of those? That wasn't brainwashing?

link   

The point is not the Tea Party but those Tea Party members who are pro theocracy.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

It's not about the violence. It's the extremism of the ideology.

Surely that point did not go above your head.

Extremism of Ideology?

Like what were seeing every day in the media , with the progressive nanny state?

Black lives matter protest , booing and saying NO to "all lives matter"?

Like riots in the streets and destroying of property and home, while Gov gives them "room to destroy" for the death of someone that was justified?

Extremism of Ideology, like Banning Big Gulp Sodas?

Extremism of Ideology, like using your "Pen and Phone" to circumvent gov safeguards that were put in place?

Extremism of Ideology like ramming healthcare down the throats of the American people despite the fact that the Majority were against it?

Extremist ideology , like Banning a damn Flag in the wake of a Massacre, that had NOTHING to do with a flag, because there wasnt enough outrage by the community?

And yet you guys are pointing the finger at Christians and Conservatives?

Give me a damn break!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Those idiots claiming Obama was wonderful don't have billions of dollars to bog-down the courts with meaningless lawsuits and lobby our representatives to implement laws according to their ideology.

Big difference.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Don't you understand what "Legal Precedent" means?

The anti-religious mongoose agenda is trying to run wild head over heels.

They *HATE* the idea of the 1st Amendment.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Those idiots claiming Obama was wonderful don't have billions of dollars to bog-down the courts with meaningless lawsuits and lobby our representatives to implement laws according to their ideology.

Big difference.

You mean the Administration that said it wouldnt have lobbyists?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Yup, right over your head.

All of the things you listed can be considered ridiculous, but it cannot be compared to an active effort, well funded by the way, to slowly push an entire nation towards theocracy.

This goes well beyond simple religious freedom.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You mean the Administration that said it wouldnt have lobbyists?

Irrelevant. You're still not grasping the difference. Can you tell me when those little kids claiming Obama was so great went to capitol hill to lobby congress, or used their wealth to take a case in front of the supreme court?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Yup, right over your head.

All of the things you listed can be considered ridiculous, but it cannot be compared to an active effort, well funded by the way, to slowly push an entire nation towards theocracy.

This goes well beyond simple religious freedom.

Didnt go over my head at all.........you just dont like the facts.......

And if you dont think all that stuff I mention isnt well funded by the progressive left , then you are either willfully ignorant or complicit........

You can try to brush off what I said all you want, but its a glaring reality all day long that the only extremist ideologies that are actually being put into practice are from the Progressive left and this administration......

Full stop

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join