It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mirror mirror on the wall or here we go again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
So we all remember "mirror mirror on the wall"

It been the subject of memes and god knows what else

It's even in the title of a few ats threads

And according to the movie sleeping beauty

You are all wrong. That's right.

There is no "mirror mirror on the wall"

You have been had . I have been had.

Mandela effect or collective crazy?

edit on am920153003America/ChicagoTue, 22 Sep 2015 03:21:30 -0500_9000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

It's, "Magic mirror on the wall...", right?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

I guess that depends on if you read the movie or the book.

While most have seen the movie and remember "mirror mirror" it seems it is now "magic mirror"

edit on am920153003America/ChicagoTue, 22 Sep 2015 03:24:57 -0500_9000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I misunderstand... what exactly are you insinuating?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

36 years is a long time within which to screw it up.

*shrug*

edit on 22-9-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

I misunderstand... what exactly are you insinuating?

I insinuate nothing

36 years is a long time within which to screw it up.

*shrug*

Um but that book got it wrong too. And it's from like 73 soo...yeah that's like 14 years

Learn to math
edit on am920153003America/ChicagoTue, 22 Sep 2015 03:36:22 -0500_9000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Just curious about your thoughts on this: What sort of ways were available to easily view something like Snow White in 1973? As far as I know, for instance, there was the pre-betamax Sony "Magic Carpet Machine".

yeah that's like 14 years

Snow White was made in 1937, right?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Just curious about your thoughts on this: What sort of ways were available to easily view something like Snow White in 1973? As far as I know, for instance, there was the pre-betamax Sony "Magic Carpet Machine".

Well there were 2 theatrical rereleases one in 1970 and one in 79 and the vhs and laser disc in 86

But most will remember the records and books i would assume

since we lived in a time before all this new fangled tech

Snow white was released in 37 but sleeping beauty was released in 59

And since we are talking about sleeping beauty You should learn to history

It seems you are new to the movie and I will assume you are in the 18-25 demographic therefore making your memory of things happening 25+ years ago more than a little fuzzy

I mean geez man yiu don't even know what movie I'm talking about . This makes me believe that you literally just Google the scene and have no clue about which you speak
edit on am920153003America/ChicagoTue, 22 Sep 2015 03:57:07 -0500_9000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

And no it was released in 59

Mkay.

For fun I pulled out my Snow White 3-disc set from 2012-13 (just a few years back) and ran the scene.

It still says "Magic mirror on the wall".

Pack it in, son.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I always remembered it as "mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest maiden of all"

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

And no it was released in 59

Mkay.

For fun I pulled out my Snow White 3-disc set from 2012-13 (just a few years back) and ran the scene.

It still says "Magic mirror on the wall".

Pack it in, son.

You are correct

I shall learn to math and history

Now I'm putting down the bottle and backing away

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

I always remembered it as "mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest maiden of all"

I hate this. I argue black and blue when people have faulty memories, that it is their memory and not a sudden world shifting time line altering event....

but for the love of all things human, I remember mirror mirror on the wall, and now I can barely find reference to it.

This is not "No, I am your father." stuff...
I need a stiff drink and a prozac now.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
No no, it's got to be "Mirror mirror on the wall...".

Ok ok I want the name of whose messing with my our timeline.

That's crazy!, it has to be "Mirror mirror on the wal.."

EDA: I was correct, the infamous raggae star the late Lucky Dube, also sang it as "mirror mirror".

edit on 22-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

"Mirror mirror on the wall", - has to be... That's the only way I remember it and I'm a really old guy...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

"Mirror mirror on the wall", - has to be... That's the only way I remember it and I'm a really old guy...

Have you checked your clay tablets for any references? Ancient cuneiform wont lie.

It's something to ponder, we live in an age where information is there for us to pluck. Any information. It is a different world to when we were younger, with a black and white tv, an AM radio, maybe an old cassette player. Where kids had box games and colouring books, not tablets and smart phones.

It could just be that we're able to see the subtle difference in our cultural awareness. None of us as an infallible memory. Memory is not a verbatim recollection, but an imagined recreation of something. And unless we are specific in retaining certain things, our minds have no problem making things up..

Perhaps there was two different things, two different versions, without it being pointed out at the time, who would have been aware, at least aware enough to recall it decades later, and know it is different.

mix in popular culture using catchy phrases in their own manner, the evolution of something could simply be unseen, till it's pointed out on a youtube video, and suddenly we all scratch our heads, unsure of what is going on.

We make up stories all the time to fill in the blanks in our memories. But as individuals, we trust ourselves over anyone else, especially when it comes to things like memory recall.

Hmm.. I'm going to opt for it being a combination of different things, human memory and a form of chinese whispers that changes things over time, till it's not the same beast..

because if the alternative is true, and the langoliers are making mistakes...we're going to end up in that void pretty soon.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I remember "Mirror mirror on the wall", so was slightly confused to see the Snow White YouTube video above. Probably my fault for learning it wrong at the time. I suppose "Magic" can sound like "Mirror" when a kid.
edit on 22-9-2015 by mwsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

I guess that depends on if you read the movie or the book.

While most have seen the movie and remember "mirror mirror" it seems it is now "magic mirror"

The movie is from 1933, I don't think most of us saw it. Instead we learned mirror mirror from the culture, not the movie, who got the quote wrong.
edit on 24-9-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
mirror mirror on the wall, who has it all..

Such a old saying but it has it's place.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
So we all remember "mirror mirror on the wall"

It been the subject of memes and god knows what else

It's even in the title of a few ats threads

And according to the movie sleeping beauty

You are all wrong. That's right.

There is no "mirror mirror on the wall"

You have been had . I have been had.

Mandela effect or collective crazy?

There is one big problem with the OP and that is that the quote "mirror, mirror on the wall" Is actualy the correct quote, the problem is that Disney got it wrong in the movie. SO we are all right, Disny is wrong.

the original from 1854 is "Spieglein, spieglein an der wand" which translates as "mirror, mirror on the wall" (well, literaly it is little mirror, but English hardly uses diminutives) There is no magic mirror used there.

just because some guy makes a movie from a book, does not mean that the quote suddenly changes or that using the correct original quote is wrong. People who remember the original quote as being from the movie, have probably been told the story also as a child and on seeing the movie simply didn't realise that the movie was wrong.

top topics

join