It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Finally Understand Racism.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: NoRegretsEver

Racism is a culturally integrated concept. It exists because we have a outdated belief in race which in not bases on any science. The concept of race is a myth and without the concept we would not experience racism. We have far more in common than what we have in difference..

That is a great description....and shows us how our ego plays a huge part in our belief systems...

We all bleed red after all....

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
im sorry but this has to be said! How is it that you now understand racism? the word racism no longer is defined by its definition it has become an ever moving goal post for white people to chase in their failed attempt to be forgiven for our ancestors actions. lol every success "white people" have is because of "white privilage" .

Sure 40+ years of affrimative action and special programs aimed at everyone except white males isnt racism lol. sure its ok to redefine the word once it can be shown to apply to white males. let call whites privelged while getting free goverment grants and loans and housing and a million other things only afforded to minorities lol lets still consider people of color minorties when they may be the majority in a state and give them special treatment anyway. lets put morons on mtv to talk about whats its like to be white in america now and have their white guilt and fear of be called a racist on national tv for expressing anything remotely considered their true feelings.

but hey the system is obviously in our favor lol
because some of us have good paying jobs

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
"TPTB" have long and successfully used the methodology of dividing the masses using petty issues.

How often are students in the US ever taught that whites were slaves, too? Rarely if ever to the best of my knowledge.

It has always been a war waged by the world's elite against the rest. Country borders, genders, skin color, belief systems, are some of the many tools used to segregate us all ensuring we never stand together as one to topple the psychopathic leech monsters who live in unimaginable luxury and excess on the blood, sweat, tears and fetid rotting death of the masses.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sharpobjects
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I wanted to bring up the job thing... I remember being in college and seeing minorites brag about how they were going to spend their financial aid checks and racial scholarship money on sneakers and flatscreens instead of books and school supplies, and that they were only going to school for the free money. This isn't something I heard just once. I got to listen to it all through college at the cafeteria tables, over and over and over.

Meanwhile I was working a full time job plus overtime plus full credit night school, BARELY making it with help from friends and family. I went to the financial aid office and was told I was too white and too male to need any help. Absolutely disgusting.

Problems like these can only be fixed in the home. We cant force people to get educations and better themselves. Myself, as a white boogeyman, can do NOTHING to erase the "learning is dumb" and "being dumb is cool" mentality that is glorified these days.

When a minority becomes educated, literate, successful, they are "acting white"? How can we ever hope to solve this with that kind of mentality in effect? Knowledge and education as a whole have no specific racial affinity, especially if we are talking about stem field careers. That is pretty much raw math. There is no such thing as "acting white", yet I heard it said all through school from one minority to another. They are literally encouraging each other not to succeed.

I am very familiar with that and I couldn't agree with you more.

I really want to keep going to the NAACP and demanding everything I can get. If they refuse because I am white, which they most definitely will, I want to tell them, "I identify as black - just like Rachel Dolezal."

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
originally posted by: blueman12
originally posted by: intrptr

From the article in OP:

Some of the white people I talked with feel like many white people lack of a deep understanding of race and racism. Tim Wise said, "Whites are used to thinking of racism as an interpersonal thing, rather than institutional. So we can recall that time we got poor customer service by a black person, or had some black person make fun of us for something, and we think, 'we're the victims of racism now,' paying no attention to the ongoing systemic imbalance in our favor." This is in part because the nature of privilege is that you don't have to think deeply about your privilege if you don't want to.

People who live in White, Middle Class, Suburban hell think like this. I know, I'm surrounded by them.

How is "white, middle class, suburban" a hell? So, you're surrounded by a suburban middle class family (who happen to be majority white)? That is such a drag man!

I grew up in a predominantly white, middle class world. There were all of two blacks in our whole High school. This is different now. When I say middle class hell, I''m referring to those parts of the US that are like the neighborhood I grew up in. Everyone had a career in engineering, everyone owned their own home, had two kids, a two car garage and two cars. They were so stuck up and snooty with their privileged, sheltered lives. They knew no strife and struggle, like you say. This generation is the entitled, demanding, selfish generation that, while the world goes to hell around them, they sit back, consume the lions share of world resources, and care less about others, except how they can help or harm them.

This politically-correct racial ideology BS is the real drag. There is real injustice going around. Slavery, poverty, war, and wide-spread corruption.

I today identify with that, thats what I meant. The privileged, ordinary, white picket fence people are mowing their lawns and planning vacations to Disneyland.

The only people who give a sh!t about this is the rich and middle class. People who have real struggles don't have time to contemplate the correlation between racial perceptions and equal social behaviors.

Right. People that can afford computers and the time to sit around on them and type. The worst acts perpetrated on humanity are done by the cleanest, neatest dressed people. I want to add white, because the biggest, most heinous crimes in the world such as war, that corruption you mentioned, and mega wealth have the most effect on the poor peoples of the world and are primarily done by whites…

Language Warning…

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I today identify with that, thats what I meant. The privileged, ordinary, white picket fence people are mowing their lawns and planning vacations to Disneyland.

How are they privileged? My father is white, grew up in total poverty, and worked in a factory to create a "middle class" lifestyle that afforded vacations to Disneyland.

How is being white and working hard, "privileged"? What is wrong with white picket fence people too? I much rather live in a snooty and stuck up place than live in a ghetto area that is filled with crime, but has a wealth of mixed cultures.

They knew no strife and struggle, like you say. This generation is the entitled, demanding, selfish generation that, while the world goes to hell around them, they sit back, consume the lions share of world resources, and care less about others, except how they can help or harm them.

Okay, and what does that have to do with race?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
digital01anarchy:

Racism is a biological response like fight or flight. It is ingrained into our mental state from early in our caveman days. It was a survival tool to weed out others who might harm us based off race or language ect. however their are some humans who are different from other humans.

I have to disagree with you, mate, racism is not a biological response, nor is it an emotional response either. No one is born racist, you are either taught it through repetition within the family or friends sphere, or it is a deliberate intellectual choosing. There is no racist instinct, and I wonder what experiences you have had by which you can draw such opinion?

I'm sorry, but the rest of your post I find to be too absurd to contemplate, or to validate with a response. I'm sorry.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm pretty shocked that recently I have been made oh so aware of how racist people have become. Is this a result of the post Obama years, or something else? KKK membership is at an all time high. I saw a movie a few week ago about the KKK which shocked and disgusted me, and even on a recent episode of Dr Phil, there was a girl who's father was a Grand Dragon, who had a mixed race baby. The spite and vitriol the man spoke against his own grandchild was hard to stomach, and the way he used bible verses to support his views was downright evil. I had been living with my head in the clouds thinking that just because I hadn't met people like this, they didn't exist. The sad fact is that they do, and they are gathering new support due to UKIP anti Immigration and Foreign a Policies.
edit on 21-9-2015 by Antidisestablishment because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Antidisestablishment

if I went simply by the things you bring up about racism I could argue that only white people have become more racist. that kinda of one way post is in itself racism

the problems come in all colors not just white

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

White people are the most racist because they are afraid of losing their identity and priviledge.
They see intermarriage as pollution.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

lol that is one way to look at it but another is that we are all racist to an extent and we often cling to those that are like us.

I have been looking for the racist meters to test all this with

it can go either way. I could take a white guy to a part of town where he would be victimized for the color of his skin and I could do the same with a black man or even barney...

there are large portions of every race that would be happy if other races did not exist and these sects of society always stayin tact but often are highlighted for the next msm headline

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

lol that is one way to look at it but another is that we are all racist to an extent and we often cling to those that are like us.

I feel that the main thing that causes the divisions are that we truly are raised differently. I was in mixed race marriage and I had to learn that what the wife's family felt was polite or ok or moral was completely different than what I had been taught.

Even small differences become a wall when you feel strongly about it, when the other person breaks your cultural laws all day! Thus I who never see color and never even notice race became in a sense a learned racist (actually culture not race) in that one relationship.

Even the manner of speaking can rub you the wrong way, like learned traits saying repetitive words or using odd movements that your own culture does not use.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

I have been looking for the racist meters to test all this with

it can go either way. I could take a white guy to a part of town where he would be victimized for the color of his skin and I could do the same with a black man or even barney...

there are large portions of every race that would be happy if other races did not exist and these sects of society always stayin tact but often are highlighted for the next msm headline

Thou hath spoken truthfully. Kudos.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Anyone see this?

5 Things You Should Know About Racism | Decoded | MTV News

Is this where some of the people are coming from? ->

The idea that a person of color can't be racist in America because they "don't have the institutional power to back them up to say that those feelings are okay". (3.50 minute mark)

Madness!
edit on 21-9-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Race would never be an issue if it wasn't for people's "Pride".

"Proud" to be "black, Hispanic, white" creates separation. How about just being proud to be a living being who can learn about their surroundings and communicate with others. Envy of others also creates this separation.

edit on 21-9-2015 by LightSource because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm a white guy. I'm not oppressing people, they're not oppressing me. Racism is basically xenophobia. I take people as what they are, not something else. My friends are friends because they're nice people; it doesn't matter what race they are.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

lol self delusion at its finest. Also please refrain from calling me mate. Im not your buddy or pal. You need evidence huh try multiculturalism. How is it not ingrained when people of different cultures continue to seek out their own people and culture and you get places like china town in a european country this happens with every culture and race.

I know you have seen it aussie or your too blind or dumb to notice it. Using the little kids are not racist theory is incorrect as little kids also have yet to really compete agaisnt each other in life. lol seriously racism has been around longer then the bible hell just look in the bible and find some examples for your self.
However your so called political correct stance has only been around for what the last 50 or 60 years. If i told you war was ingrained into people too you would probably throw some feel good hippy crap politically correctness my way again yet one look at the history books would cement my point. regardless of your personal beliefs you have to base your theory on facts. Peace and non racism is an ideal concept that is highly touted yet rarely practiced. and everyone even you are racist

my theory about negitave blood types must of angered you because its not politically correct. However science isnt politically correct. Peoples genes are not politically correct, darker genes dominate lighter genes ie lighter eyes, hair, skintone ect nature cares nothing for political correctness.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSource

Race would never be an issue if it wasn't for people's "Pride".

"Proud" to be "black, Hispanic, white" creates separation. How about just being proud to be a living being who can learn about their surroundings and communicate with others. Envy of others also creates this separation.

I totally agree with you. I don't deny racism exists, but I grew up in a multi-national and ethnically integrated faith. In such an environment, race is not even considered. I don't really understand racism, and neither do all the Black-Latin-Asian-Etc people who are my friends. If someone was to make a racial remark to me "sticks and stones would break my bones, words will never harm me", as my parents taught me. One thing I know, just as I would not support "White Pride", none of my friends would support "Black Pride" or "Asian Pride" or anything like this. That is garbage. I support people, we are the same and should not create divisions.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

How is being white and working hard, "privileged"? What is wrong with white picket fence people too? I much rather live in a snooty and stuck up place than live in a ghetto area that is filled with crime, but has a wealth of mixed cultures.

The crimes in snootville are less conspicuous, more secret and less prosecuted. The tax base of white picket ville and the voting base support the wars, their children become flight officers and drop bombs on the brown people. They become the law, judges, lawyers, politicians, CEOs, they run things. They oppress have nots with their Have status. Then go, how come the have nots can't rise above it?

Sure the hood has its gang banging, Id prefer that to the overall trouble the world has because of the upper middle class. The ones that have never seen war or trouble like in every day ville.

The ghetto is oppressed, the white people "nourished'". I don't know where you grew up.
edit on 22-9-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I'm pretty shocked that recently I have been made oh so aware of how racist people have become. Is this a result of the post Obama years, or something else? KKK membership is at an all time high.

When economic times are tougher, people trust their government less, drifting to more extreme political viewpoints.

Hitler rose to prominence in Germany during uncertain times after the stock market collapse the world suffered in 1929.

He became Chancellor in 1933.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join