It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Finally Understand Racism.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Mod Edit
edit on 9/22/2015 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I agree with the culture changing. I have only been back about a week from an almost 2 yr hiatus, due to concerns about where the site was going, and I have to say that what I did fail to realize is that you need a very tough skin to be here, and your subject matter depending on what you choose makes that statement very, very true.

I fully give all respect to those in the UFO/Religion/LGBT forums/discussions and OP's, as those are the most debated. But, you know what, people still write, and share, and yes it takes some weeding out, and noticing those who are there to derail, and those who truly are looking to learn, and share.

Jones, and other sites are only a comparison based on numbers, that can honestly be debated quite easily, just look at how many threads are written and its contents.

We need to keep moving in the right direction, and to be honest its why I came back. I know them, they know me, and there is a sense of comfort, protection, and caring that comes with that, BUT that is earned and NOT given.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: VoiceIsDissent

Sad....

This thread is a disgrace.....

Again... If you want to fight, let us fight for what is happening right now. SEXISM, and class warfare....

Racism is a control mechanism, and a way to not take responsibility... So tired of hearing this garbage MY last post on this thread, and Skeptic, I beg you please make a ignore thread option...

I will make another donation for that one..

Thanks

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

"Skeptic, I beg you please make a ignore thread option...

I will make another donation for that one.. "

Well, though my disgraceful thread is here, I have to say that I find it quite funny that you would offer money to the owner to get what you want (ignore thread option), what about those who dont have the money to get an option to not have people say unnecessary things in a thread, when they could simply ignore it?

I love it when a thread comes together.....

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRegretsEver

mad at my stature?

Life is all about positioning... First lesson I learned in success if people do not hate you, undercut that if it is to real with another word similar...

I am doing something wrong...

Also yes I still would like that feature, I do not understand why people keep their archaic schools of thought to me it is primitive this is 2015 not the 50's or the 60's to many people died for the cause and if they were alive today reading the same thing I am about how American society is so unfair they would be laughing hard..

All races are free live under the same laws of this country... sure perhaps their maybe some old fashion bullcrap that comes to a head every now and then but it is by no way a racist epidemic...

As I said Sexism is a bigger issue women do not get paid the same as men, doing the same job, domestic violence is a epidemic in the county poverty is on the rise and we have racism taking center stage over that?

That is called getting played...

Congrats on getting my attention one LAST time on this thread... If I listened to what I was suppose to be because of my race or my position on life, I would be dead in a gutter or in jail...

People are going to hate you, no matter what... More people hate you then love you, that is for damn sure in this world...

We have to as a society get over it, be with others who understand that and become stronger in our numbers... In order to evolve.. Crying over racism, and looking back at how our ancestors treated others races anglo saxon, african and asian etc is not evolution.. They were more primitive than we are suppose to be...

Meh never mind I wasted enough calories on my brain...

Life is not fair... Life is not fair... Realize that and become the phoenix...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Yes. Yes you did reply back, and please let me give you my take on why.

First of all for a person with high stature, you sure seem to think that asserting yourself over and over again, even though repeated has merit.

Secondly, not only did you offer to pay for something that YOU think is invaluable because of your thoughts on others opinions, you made sure that you threw in that you ALREADY paid once, and have the means to do it again, (which could have easily went into the thread concerning the donations or U2U'd someone who could actually make it happen) as to say that those who do not, should not have the same option, because apparently you earned, or wanted it more than the next person including women btw.

Archaic thoughts including the ones you have expressed repeatedly is human, YES human nature, even as those who think they are above it, seem to think that it doesnt matter as long as their opinion is expressed.

This thread was to bring to light WHY we think the way we do, and who is really playing us. Agree, dont agree, that is fine, but for someone who could care less, or think this is so outdated, you have certainly found the time to express it even if it was the same thing over and over.

And btw, if you happen to have any threads concerning your thoughts on more modern issues, such as domestic violence, womens issues including pay/stature, please send me a link, I would love to participate and add something of value, as long as I can add, if not, OR I dont care for it, I would gladly move on and find a subject where I can express thoughts that can make a difference.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRegretsEver

Nope lack of education is a pinnacle to misunderstanding...

your welcome...

My success will help give you a damn stage to voice your opinion...

Perhaps one day misunderstanding will no longer exist...

Until then yes I will try to teach..

call it what you may..

go ahead and beat me up... It just saddens me. I am not surprised either how this thread will come to an end..
edit on 9 22 2015 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Why would you think I am beating you up? I actually respect everyone's opinion, and do not take it personal, its a discussion, and one that most people cannot have, and we have done something quite wonderful.

We are not all meant to think alike, we live different lives, come from different places and have different perspectives. Its how you present yourself, that really matters, as its how your future messages, good or bad will come across. You may still wish my message/thread ill will, but thats all up to you.

Nothing personal, NRE.

edit on 22-9-2015 by NoRegretsEver because: to add.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
"There are no races"

I'm so tired of hearing this tedious cliché. There are no races? Ok then, we'll go down the line to the next taxonomic tier and call them breeds instead then. I'm not talking about actual specifications here. I'm not talking about or advancing division here, only accuracy and sobriety.

Not only do we look different, we also function differently. And in 'racial' groups we display certain general characteristics. People living in the Himalayas are adapted genetically to this environment. Different racial breeds(since race is so horribly outdated.. *sigh*) have different kinds of muscle(fast twitch, slow twitch), different genetic susceptibilities to disease, different bodily ratios, and on and on.

So instead of trying our best to ignore these obvious general differences why not embrace them? I read these clichés and all I can see is a bland and colourless future. The "Goobacks" of South Park; the very opposite of diversity. Sadly this cognitive dissonance isn't apparent to the purveyors of such racial harmony fantasies. This notion is very common among modern white liberals; "if we could just mate all races away, then we could find peace, there would only be one race: the human race.." and we'd all look the same. Ask a bunch of East Asians, Arabs or Africans about this idea though and I'd wager that most of them would be horrified. See, they are allowed to organize in racial groups, they are allowed to be proud of their nationality, culture, ethnicity, and race. They are far more jingoistic than any Europeans. They're innocent noble savages in the minds of these doe-eyed liberals; but their social justice instinct is really just their own subconscious racism and sexism which they without the slightest clue project on everyone that would dare to disagree with their sanctimonious attitude and beliefs. In their eyes these 'noble savages' are always helpless victims at the mercy of white people, they are to be preserved by all means while white Europeans are to be mixed away, apparently also by all means(which becomes apparent when one observes the way both government, media, education and corporations act in total uniformity when it comes to this issue). This much is obvious if one follows the climate of the immigration debate in Europe. When you peel back the layers of this cultural marxist attitude what you'll find is a false dilemma of a monolithic slab of coloured people versus the enemy and oppressor which is almost always identified as the white heterosexual male.

What this ideology does is it breeds a certain mentality, a mentality which is characterised by an externalized control locus. What this means is that a a person will externalize the causes for a certain situation. In other words a person with an externalized control locus will always blame everything besides themselves before honestly looking themselves in the mirror, they are merely leafs blowing in the wind without accountability or responsibility because there's always external factors to blame.

We needn't and we shouldn't have to be afraid to acknowledge differences between us, this doesn't absolve us from treating our fellow man with respect and dignity. We can still treat each other fairly like human beings without having to lie to ourselves. You cannot build a stable foundation on a lie and this is what we're seeing in the dialectics of politics today; Progressivism is rife with hypocrisy and double standards, and this ever shrinking liberal thought corridor breeds resentment and division which can be seen in the emerging modern conservative movement, call it the neo-reactionary movement, call it the alternative right.. they don't even believe in democracy. That's how far they've pushed them. While we're caught up in the left right puppet show the real controllers are already setting up the next false dilemma and guess what. They're both fascist as hell.. these brainwashed liberal totalitarians and their opposite reaction which is going down the road of corporate fascism, 'monarchy' and aristocracy.

If you want to persist in illusion, by all means do. If you want to acknowledge the biological and scientific basis for "races" then this article is for you

Good OP though. I'm almost surprised that a coloured person would even acknowledge that sometimes whites get the raw end of the stick. That's how rare I find it for people to step outside of their skin for a minute to see a situation from another angle.

Eh.. what do I know. So tired of racial issues. Homogeneity is so much easier, probably a little more boring though.

"Whatever racial unity a diverse populace can muster, a homogeneous populace can do effortlessly"

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Bicent76:

...4 pages on this thread and I see WAY TO much ignorance...

I agree. Unfortunately, it's the way of the world. You do realise that people could not be manipulated on this subject if they didn't want to be, if they were not so blind to their own ignorance?

Many of the posters to this thread really do not have any conception at all as to the part they play in their own manipulation, and how they are controlled, by peers, social pressure, economic pressure (must have an ethnicity to blame), geographic pressure. The ignorance (both wilful and blind) is staggering! Mindsets are truly toxic and poisonous.

One or two have criticised my own offerings, and in doing so have validated the points I make, and yet it flies over their heads without so much as a nary look. Incredible.

I put the information out there, they can do with it as they see fit. Personally, I couldn't care lees for them, no matter what colour they are. As human beings, I find them utterly and compellingly disappointing!

(post by SamHill removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

"There are no races" means that you cannot identify any trait, or groups of traits, that are unique to a race.

If you want to say there are races, then you first have to define what those races are. Then deal with the avalanche of evidence that those definitions are nothing but arbitrary traits seen on every single continent, and in every single combination, across the planet.

Breeds doesn't even work. "Breeds" are a result of human interference in genetic flow. But even with that...the most archaic canines, wolves, can still breed with dogs. The emperor, indeed, has no clothes.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Responding to your post to me on your other thread, now closed-

I never implied that A was a single person. That was an assumption on your part.

No it wasn't. You clearly wrote "He" instead of "they".

Imagine A goes on television every day for a week and tells you that there are no jobs in his neighborhood. He never gets hired when he goes on interviews.

You suggested that A found a way to beat the system, stealing, blackmail, bribery, etc.

No, I didn't. I wrote-

this IS the type of assumption people make when their brains are lazy.

The more he complains about his situation, the more other people tend to look at him as less educated, not as smart. and begin to treat him that way.

Do you see it yet?

You have just repeated what I already pointed out-

What you choose to focus on grows.... what you place your belief and emotional energy in is reinforced.
Victimization beliefs reinforce, sustain and spread victimization.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Did you read my link?

Analysis of genomes from around the world establishes that there is a biological basis for race, despite the official statements to the contrary of leading social science organizations. An illustration of the point is the fact that with mixed race populations, such as African Americans, geneticists can now track along an individual’s genome, and assign each segment to an African or European ancestor, an exercise that would be impossible if race did not have some basis in biological reality.

Academia has a vested interest in suppressing this kind of information as simply mentioning this type of thing will get you fired and shunned, owing to the fact that the reigning ideology in the West is pathologically incapable of looking at this in an objective way.

The genes specially affected by natural selection control not only expected traits like skin color and nutritional metabolism, but also some aspects of brain function. Though the role of these selected brain genes is not yet understood, the obvious truth is that genes affecting the brain are just as much subject to natural selection as any other category of gene.

My point was never that breed would be a better term, but that if we don't want to use the word race then we don't have to: But let's not kid ourselves by pretending that we're all the same because we're definitely not. There are general characteristics, whether cultural or biological - more likely these are reciprocally related in a feedback loop - so why are we so afraid to acknowledge these differences? That's not the mature way to go about things. Only savage monkeys like us Earth humans would turn it into a question of superiority and inferiority, and we have a history there so this fear isn't totally unfounded.

I'd like to see these progressives try to pretend that we're the same or equal to all those human ET's out there. We are not the same. These people fancy reality to be egalitarian, it definitely isn't.

Conventionally, these social differences are attributed solely to culture. But if that’s so, why is it apparently so hard for tribal societies like Iraq or Afghanistan to change their culture and operate like modern states? The explanation could be that tribal behavior has a genetic basis. It’s already known that a genetic system, based on the hormone oxytocin, seems to modulate the degree of in-group trust, and this is one way that natural selection could ratchet the degree of tribal behavior up or down.

What's funny is, if people was to make this into a superiority thing Jews would come out on top if one was given to have faith in IQ being a trusty benchmark for intelligence - an opinion I personally don't subscribe to. After Jews comes Far East Asians, a fact that have influenced the way Chinese people view race - they believe they're superior and when it comes to genetics they're forging new paths doing all the scientific work that Western scientists really can't touch because of political correctness.

Why not celebrate the true diversity of the human race instead of pretending that the emperor has no clothes when we are constantly bombarded by cultural marxist newspeak about "diversity"? There is true diversity, let's not ignore it because some entitled 'social justice warrior' will get offended. Looking at the situation holistically it's quite obvious that culture and biology can't so easily be separated. Do give the link a chance.. I was surprised that TIME would publish such a controversial article but it is interesting and it does make sense.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I can identify traits. Black people are 'black', white people are 'white'. These are general traits however you want to put it, whatever terminology or semantics you want to apply does not change this very simple fact. Michael Jackson is the exception that proves the rule.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

I can identify traits. Black people are 'black', white people are 'white'. These are general traits however you want to put it, whatever terminology or semantics you want to apply does not change this very simple fact. Michael Jackson is the exception that proves the rule.

So...then what about really pale asians, who have white skin?

Or black people that are Indian, Amerind, and Australian aborigine?

No...those traits are traits of humanity, not traits of race. Unless we are going to use only skin color, in which case we will be simply lumping together races based on equatorial proximity.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Different kinds of muscle, different tolerance to sunlight, different facial features and skull shapes, different susceptibilities to disease, different anatomical ratios, different brain to weight ratios. Need I really go on?

A certain gene pool will have certain general genetic traits. The only contention is what to call this. Race has a long history of use, most people think this is outdated but there are general traits. Anyone that believes in biological evolution would be foolish to think that isolated gene pools wouldn't express certain characteristics. The thought is simply untenable from an evolutionary viewpoint. Whether these characteristics constitute a race in the taxonomic sense is beside the point, the point being that we are definitely not all the same and there is no(should be no) shame in admitting that.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

Different kinds of muscle, different tolerance to sunlight, different facial features and skull shapes, different susceptibilities to disease, different anatomical ratios, different brain to weight ratios. Need I really go on?

Yes. Because "different" is so vague that I have no idea what you are talking about. I mean, you could talk about sickle cell...but that exists across the equator of the entire planet. Its a natural defense against malaria that was naturally selected for when people didn't die from malaria.

Facial features....you mean like the "black features" of the Olmecs heads? Because they looks particularly polynesian to me.

Do you have any scientific data to back up the vague descriptions above, because in all my years of study I haven't found anything that would support what you are saying (from a credible source, anyway).

A certain gene pool will have certain general genetic traits. The only contention is what to call this. Race has a long history of use, most people think this is outdated but there are general traits. Anyone that believes in biological evolution would be foolish to think that isolated gene pools wouldn't express certain characteristics. The thought is simply untenable from an evolutionary viewpoint. Whether these characteristics constitute a race in the taxonomic sense is beside the point, the point being that we are definitely not all the same and there is no(should be no) shame in admitting that.

Yes, environment will create natural selection. And advantagous genetics will be pushed forward. But the simple fact is that humanity has migrated to and fro across this planet for eons.

I may "get what your saying"....but as a rationalist I just cannot agree. The evidence and data screams contrary.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
TheLaughingGod:

None of the genetic variations you state make a 'new' species or a 'new' race. If you have children they will have much of yours' and your wifes' DNA, but they will also be slight differences...are they a different race to you, because going off your line of thinking, any variation in genetics makes for a 'new' race, which of course is bollocks!

You are using these genetic variations only to support your hideous mindset. There is only one race, and that is the human race, regardless of the genetic variation between us all. You are confusing ethnicity with race, without taking into account, or perhaps, more to the point, wilfully ignoring the fact that genetics are not the foundation for ethnicity, ideas are. Your position is untenable and ridiculous.

There is no race war, there is only mindset and cultural war. That is where the real debate lies. That is where your concerns (leaving out genetic variations) find a tenable position and acceptable debate. Culture arises out of an original mindset and is then passed on to the off-spring. Anything coming out of a mindset is an 'idea', and ideas cannot be forced upon people, although obviously, they are, and that is how the conflict arises.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
(Not gonna be replying to the both of you, you're just saying the same thing anyway)

a reply to: elysiumfire

Do read my posts before commenting. Whether races are different species or not(which I agree they aren't) is beside the point.

A family does not make up a large population of people, tens of millions of people do. Millions of people that have been more or less genetically isolated for varying periods of time. Logic and evolution dictates that these populations of people will be more homogeneous than a different population on the other side of the globe. Why? Because evolution doesn't stop. If you are incapable of understanding this very simple reality there is no point in continuing this discussion, especially since you seemingly haven't even read my posts. You're still caught up in the semantics of race, this is - as I've written numerous times - beside the point. !

I'm talking about general differences and characteristics, you want to lay it all at the front door of culture. Well, how could culture possibly not influence genetics? It's a reciprocal feedback loop. You're only looking at this from one perspective: a cultural perspective that you apparently imagine to be wholly divorced from genetics(which is really utterly preposterous). How could this possibly be true with what we know about epigenetics and the influence of environmental factors?

You would call my mindset hideous simply because I disagree with your religious conviction, this makes me think that your own mindset is pretty hideous.

No, ethnicity is not a valid substitute for what we call race.

Yes your mindset has certainly been forced upon you though hasn't it? Otherwise I find it strange how it correlates exactly with a culture that is obsessed with race but is totally petrified of actually really talking about it. This is a culture of political correctness that is so entrenched in the Western world that you will literally lose your job if you challenge it in public. And you think you're not biased. That is laughable in the extreme.

Tell Chinese geneticists race doesn't exist and they'll laugh you right in the face. See, they're doing all that research anyway since Western academia can't touch such things with a ten foot pole.

For over a decade, it has been Chinese academics, unencumbered by political correctness, who have embarked upon the race-based research enabled by genomics. The Chinese particularly enjoy IQ-versus-race league tables, because they invariably come out on top. That sort of research makes Westerners squeamish, to put it mildly–which is why today, most research into the genomics of race is still carried out at the Beijing Genomics Institute. By and large, the subject is un-fundable in the West.

To be fair the jury is still probably out on this one if we want to get strictly empirical, but people of your religious like persuasion is still completely convinced that everything is a "social construct" when there really isn't enough information to say either way. This social construct business is really just a way for liberals to be lazy. As mentioned in the article I quoted, your ideology; your religion is on a collision course with science and the Chinese are not afraid to deal with this issue. Believe you me, the rest of the World will get left in the dust when the Chinese really start applying 'positive eugenics'. All while the dysgenic carcass of Western civilisation starts to stink up the place.

Really, if I'm gonna be perfectly frank I feel like neither of you have the slightest clue. You've got a few percent of the picture, social construct Marxist bull___ you've been fed for your whole lives. The real truth will be found in metaphysics. Not only is it possible to overwrite and change one's DNA, but it's actually constantly being influenced, you'll find the pain of generations long gone all in your DNA and that will get passed on. I've beaten chronic diseases, I did the supposedly impossible, one more miracle and they could nominate me as a Catholic saint. Your precious sciences are fallible and in their infancy, but you don't even subscribe to science, what you really subscribe to underneath it all is ideology. You are trapped, you are bound by this. You think it's a freaking coincidence that African Americans are collectively traumatized? You think Confucianism and Legalism didn't shape the genetics and destiny of Chinese people? Not only does DNA work in this holistic and adaptable way, we've also got racial sub-versions of the collective consciousness and whether you realize this or not it's palpably influential and people do conform to these influences. If you do not have understanding or realization of the spiritual foundation these ideas are based on you are spiritually dead... because you haven't discovered the World a carcass!

Unfortunately nobody will listen to this because humanity is a bunch of children playing in a f'n sandbox.. and most of you don't even have a referential frame for this. But I do and I deal with non humans that think humanity is the worst. I'm not a racist, I'm a misanthrope and I have sympathy for the nature elementals that despises and wishes for the end of this current laughingstock of a humanity. They want most of you dead.. You have the Green Man as your avatar but you don't know the first thing about him! Neither could you even appreciate how utterly myopic your views are.

I'm done. I've gone out on a limb already by mentioning ET's - damaging any credibility to cretins, and taken and defended the taboo and unpopular stance against what's taken for granted by most people(not you guys, I do not find either one of you unintelligent) WITHOUT thought or introspection - well I'm going further with this because I am tired of acting like this infantile science of monkeys is even credible to begin with. If you need this monkey science to hold your hand and back you up then even your glance will never leave the soil and you'll never understand anything but loose fragments taken out of their true context.

It's sad that I have more in common with evil leprechauns than the average human.

Laugh it up!
edit on 25-9-2015 by TheLaughingGod because: Typos..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join