It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your perspective is your reality

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Lets start of by understanding what perspective and belief means in this context and for the purpose of this discussion.

What is perspective?

a way of regarding situations, facts, etc, and judging their relative importance

What is belief?

a principle, proposition, idea, etc, accepted as true

So having that in mind, one must know that each of us are guided by our relative perpective of life, as we understand life to be.

Furthermore, perspective itself, is guided by the core beliefs we have within, that has been forged through what lifes experiences and lessons we've learnt.

With that understanding, our perspective of life, is what we ascribe as being our reality or life as we know it.

Hence to put things into perpective, "perspective" is indeed that multi dimensionial window which we create "reality" or life as we know it.

In a more elaborate sense, the meaning we give to life, based on our individual perspective is that which enables us to experience life as we know it.

Just for the fun the of it, we know that in some point in our recent human history, people once thought the world was flat, hence we can say that the perspective or reality than was that the earth was in indeed flat.

However, as we progressed in knowledge, we soon realised the world was not flat after all, and hence forth we changed our perspective or reality as we now know.

So, this is only offered as an alternative perspective, and by this threads own definition, we each have our own perspective which is valid and true. Hence I extend my welcome to each to share your views.

Peace
edit on 19-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Wow , would not reality shape our perspective or did i get that wrong . Oh , and the world is round , i seen it on YouTube .

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I'm trying to wrap my brain around each persons perspective, however different or like, can be an absolute truth for each individual. At some point things can be tested over and over until people finally can agree on something.
I get that if I hear a song that I think(or perceive) to be fantastic, someone could come along and say the song sucks. We would each be true to our belief about the song.
What I find myself wondering is if someone I perceive as being mean to me what proof would I have that they are actually being mean(or nice) the other person could believe in their perspective that that they aren't being mean, just that they are being true.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Ever since grade school (way back when) when I heard about Descartes and the "I think therefore I am" (cogito ergo sum) I have changed that to a more logical and updated version .I think , therefore YOU are .
Pretty much puts it into perspective.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I am.
Therefore I will crack a beer before sunrise.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Wow , would not reality shape our perspective or did i get that wrong . Oh , and the world is round , i seen it on YouTube .

Either way you're right by your own definition

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

It is impossible to understand someones perspective unless they are willing to share thier honest stance on the matter at hand.

Until then we can only assume.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Ever since grade school (way back when) when I heard about Descartes and the "I think therefore I am" (cogito ergo sum) I have changed that to a more logical and updated version .I think , therefore YOU are .
Pretty much puts it into perspective.

Yes you are, as I am. If that makes any sense..

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I am.

Hey thanks, mate I was saving this six pack beer for later but heck, I will cheers with you tonight..

Cheers

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I don't know what to make of life. I figure we have all of eternity to figure out life.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Either way you're right by your own definition

Now you are just confusing me .

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

originally posted by: skunkape23
I am.

Hey thanks, mate I was saving this six pack beer for later but heck, I will cheers with you tonight..

Cheers

It's morning on this side of the dust mote we are riding together.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
a reply to: peppycat

It is impossible to understand someones perspective unless they are willing to share thier honest stance on the matter at hand.

Until then we can only assume.

Read the balded reply of mine, before we confuse ourselves any further.

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012 That makes sense.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Edit Dp
edit on 19-9-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
My perspective? Heh,I'm taking one day at a time..

I am. Therefore I will crack a beer before sunrise.

right on.
Btw,S&F,innerpeace you made me think a lil bit..:]

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Your thread revisits the philosophical debate between Objectivism and Subjectivism, which can be fought on different fronts (mainly metaphysics or ethics). It seems that you have chosen metaphysics for this thread.

I lean towards subjectivism myself, so I mainly agree with your opening post.

In many ways, this Objectivism vs. Subjectivism debate stems from the whole Nature vs. Nurture debate. At the end of the day, it comes down to whether you believe the person influences their environment or whether their environment influences the person. What is the answer? I am still trying to determine that myself...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

it's impossible to explain what you have said here to people

my easy way is to tell to the other .. my perspective

there is no I in I am

the comprehension of this is not possible to explain to someone who hasn't come to this conclusion on their own

I love sharing my reality with you we chose this so it's cool to find the ones who recall so

ur floating dog btw on ur avatar makes me super happy btw I laughed so hard when I realizes his ass is just floating there

edit on 19-9-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
Your thread revisits the philosophical debate between Objectivism and Subjectivism, which can be fought on different fronts (mainly metaphysics or ethics). It seems that you have chosen metaphysics for this thread.

I lean towards subjectivism myself, so I mainly agree with your opening post.

In many ways, this Objectivism vs. Subjectivism debate stems from the whole Nature vs. Nurture debate. At the end of the day, it comes down to whether you believe the person influences their environment or whether their environment influences the person. What is the answer? I am still trying to determine that myself...

I believe in "mind over matter", because my understanding of all there is, is just simply conscious energy. In Physics we say, energy can neither be destroyed no created, in religious perspective we say God, is the alpha and the omega. Either way both are different "perspectives" of the same thing, concious energy.

At a molecula level everything is just atoms vibrating at different frequencies. On a physical level, our physical body is dictatored by our mind, the command centre. By that understanding alone, the world doesn't exist if there isn't any mind to percieve it.

Or in other words, we literally can't achieve anything in this world, if we can't put our minds to it..

However, this belief alone does not invalidate the oppoosite of "the environment influencing the person" as in philosphy there is the idea called duality. Where one cannot exist without the other.

Then to make things even complicated, duality implies, good or bad, black or white, but there exists an infinite number of "shades of gray", hence implying multi dimensionality.

Hence, as described in the thread, it all boils down to "perspective" and what you can make of it.

Hope I was clear with my explanation.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Appreciate the kind words,

I totally agree with you, it wasn't easy writing up something that complicated to try to make sense of it. Just judging by the comments I am glad it come out clear enough.

Between, happy that my positive pet avatar made you smile

Cheers

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join