It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your perspective is your reality

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Wow , would not reality shape our perspective or did i get that wrong . Oh , and the world is round , i seen it on YouTube .

you can't believe all that crap on Youtube! The earth is obviously flat! Look outside you're. Do you see a curve?
HA! No, you don't and that proves the earth is flat!

edit on 19-9-2015 by TonyS because: clarity

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Just for the fun the of it, we know that in some point in our recent human history, people once thought the world was flat, hence we can say that the perspective or reality than was that the earth was in indeed flat.

No, thats what the main stream wanted people to believe. Any damn fool could look at the moon and see it was a sphere. Well lets just say those that didn't believe everything they were told.

Delusional thinking isn't the same as being conditioned by the Powers that be to believe this or that. Lots of people know something isn't right with the truth as presented to us, they just don't know what. They may tell you they believe this or that because thats what they are supposed to say, or go against the herd.

Read my signature…

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It was meant to be an analogy, to give an example of explaining the differences in perspectives.

Interesting enough, the comment just above yours kind of illustrates the point as intended that I was trying to relay.

Cheers

edit on 19-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

It was meant to be an analogy, to give an example of explaining the differences in perspectives.

Interesting enough, the comment just above yours kind of illustrates the point as intended that I was trying to relay.

Cheers

He was joking. Most people didn't believe the world was flat. But the same record that told them so is the one that survives to this day.

Most people didn't believe in the war on terror, either. Its a farce, a fallacy, but most won't out and say it out of fear of going against the herd.

One day, they will look back and think everyone was terrified… and they were. They were conditioned to be that way.
edit on 19-9-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I believe in "mind over matter", because my understanding of all there is, is just simply conscious energy. In Physics we say, energy can neither be destroyed no created, in religious perspective we say God, is the alpha and the omega. Either way both are different "perspectives" of the same thing, concious energy. At a molecula level everything is just atoms vibrating at different frequencies. On a physical level, our physical body is dictatored by our mind, the command centre. By that understanding alone, the world doesn't exist if there isn't any mind to percieve it. Or in other words, we literally can't achieve anything in this world, if we can't put our minds to it..

lol hence the signature I chose for myself

I am just starting to come across the stuff u leave laying around here I like ur vibe nice to have it sprinkled around

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You know what I struggle with is truth and its objectivity or lack there of. Forinstince you have one side that pushes 'Zionist' propaganda and another side that pushes anti Semitic propaganda, who's right? I don't know for sure, but I feel I have a good moral compass so I stick to what I believe and I am open to change but if I believe something I drive it till the wheels fall off and am very passionate about it.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"Reality is reinforced by group dynamics". Unfortunately, I have no idea who first said that, but perspective and perception are most certainly affected by the group, even though the individual may put their own "perspective" on what the group agrees is reality. So perspective may be our reality, but it doesn't mean it IS reality. Except in our own mind, of course. Er...something like that.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Cheers

He was joking. Most people didn't believe the world was flat. But the same record that told them so is the one that survives to this day.

Most people didn't believe in the war on terror, either. Its a farce, a fallacy, but most won't out and say it out of fear of going against the herd.

One day, they will look back and think everyone was terrified… and they were. They were conditioned to be that way.

that's exatly the point mentioned here (sorry op not talking in your behalf is what I read from what u have written)

perceived fear (to me you have just said the same thing)

u can't self transcend if u are a starving Marvin your whole life and if u're constantly in fear of loosing shelter, safety , feeling of belonging or self esteem is human nature so constantly presenting treads keeps the kind of thinking that keeps people that way

not talking about you because I know your story good enough
remember the paper note that got you the petrol? u made ur reality (if not you then who..)
edit on 19-9-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

not talking about you because I know your story good enough
remember the paper note that got you the petrol? u made ur reality (if not you then who..)

My perspective on that was to sit tight. The reality forced itself upon my perspective that made me drive a few feet to find it. Thanks for remembering that, my perspective was superseded by the reality of that note.

I don't think I made that reality, by the way. Who did? Who knows… the beyond, maybe.

Sorry for off topic.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
"Reality is reinforced by group dynamics". Unfortunately, I have no idea who first said that, but perspective and perception are most certainly affected by the group, even though the individual may put their own "perspective" on what the group agrees is reality. So perspective may be our reality, but it doesn't mean it IS reality. Except in our own mind, of course. Er...something like that.

Your of kinda right, or we share the same overall perspective. My posts about philosphy don't make much sense most of the time, because it is too generalized as it's a complicated subject to discuss. I understand that there is individual perspective and there is the general conconses perspective or reality. In this world majority rules.

For example, if everyone else thinks your dumb, than your pretty much are in their perspective anyway, where as you know your not dumb, but just can't find the words to express yourself enough to be accepted in the general consenses perspective or reality as a normal sane person.

Others just don't give a hoot what others think so they are regarded as being out of touch with "reality" so to speak.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Your right most didn't think the world was flat, but some did.

Imagine a world without the advances in Science we have achieved, nobody would have guessed what was at the end of the horizen from the perspective of an average dark age citizen's view of the horizan back in those days.

Based on observation alone from the ground, everthing seems flat, but we know it isn't. So that was my point going back to it being a matter of perspective.

Your not off top, infact it's on topic, well based on my perspective..

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

No a problem, thanks for helping with explaining stuff. Yeah, your signature say it all in nutshell. We are just concious energy, that will never ceased to exist. The alpha and the omega!

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Your perspective is your reality

A perspective is the point from which we view, not what we are viewing from that point. Though every perspective is valuable, as it is essentially an individual, not every perspective is valid in its description of what it views.

So no, a perspective is never anyone's reality; no one can possesses a reality. They can only have a perspective of it.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I agree with you; perspective is key to how we live and how life affects us. Of course, perspective won't stop a careening car from T-boning us one rainy day, but it's still important. The perspective we take after such an accident may directly relate to the speed of our recovery.

People with extreme anorexia look in a mirror and just can't see what we see there. Likewise some people aren't the most talented or beautiful and they act like they are until others treat them that way.

Further afield, it's interesting to compare the astronomical perspective through the ages. For most of us, we can now imagine shimmering nebulae millions of light years away. We can conceive of the cold, barrenness that is space and even picture our minuscule world out on a limb of a galactic arm. Our sense of perspective can tentatively reach out to the furthest coordinates of outer space and feel isolated awe. All of which without leaving the gravity well of this planet.

Go back a few hundred years and we couldn't conceive of a world orbiting the sun or that planets were secured in their transits by gravity and planetary mechanics. Popular thought (even amongst scientists) favoured the idea of planets and stars being pushed around a smaller sphere of the sky by demons.

From reaching ever outwards and conceptualising scales that are orders of magnitude greater than anything our ancestors had, we're looking ever more inward. Higgs Bosons and so forth represent the other end of our perspective and our popular consciousness will likewise find itself easily drawn towards the particle world.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

a reply to: peppycat

It is impossible to understand someones perspective unless they are willing to share thier honest stance on the matter at hand.

Until then we can only assume.

Says the person who went to the trouble of changing the font color to hide their moniker... from my perspective, someone who would do so is being less than honest. I have no idea why you would do so, what your particular motives are in doing so, especially since I'm pretty sure your ATS moniker is not your legal name, but the reality is that you have made the effort to do so, knowingly and deliberately. From my perspective, I do not see any way that it benefits you, nor even affects you, but I do not have to make assumptions to know it affects your fellow ATSers and only your fellow ATSers in reality. I do not have to make assumptions about the "why" to know that it "is."

At no point do I have to assume anything about why you did so. I can wonder... I can suspect... I can speculate... I can believe... but I know that I cannot know. Even if I asked you straight out, I could trust... I could believe... I could assume... but I cannot know your answer is the truth. It's only when I think I know the why that I am assuming anything. Which usually comes from and/or leads to judging. Which is always about ego.

So all this to say, from my perspective, your premise is only partly true: Perspective is one's personal experience of reality -- but not the whole reality. From your source:

a. An understanding of how aspects of a subject relate to each other and to the whole: a perspective of history; a need to view the problem in the proper perspective.

"Understanding" requires the use of our good (or bad) judgment based on our experiences, but it does not require assumptions. Unfortunately, too many people assume that their perspective -- their reality -- is everyone's reality.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

If you had read the opening post, the pemise will agree with you that your perspective is indeed true by your own definition and understanding.

Each to there own experience and perspective in life, which is true and valid.

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Now matter how neutral I intended to word the post, it will never be interpreted as such, not by everyone.

Because it comes back to perspective, nothing I have said in the op has to be the fact of the matter, hence I have stated in the last paragraph as it is given as an alternative perspective and should be viewed as such.

However, I did expect such comments as it is an open forum with a multitude of perspectives.

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Hey Kandinksy, great to have you drop by.

It's a matter of perspective indeed.

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I'm really not sure what you're trying to say to me, though I get the feeling you think I was trying to insult or criticize you, in which case I apologize. I sincerely did not mean to.

My only point is that there is a big difference between perspective and assumptions. Though one may assume based on one's perspective, or one's perspective may be based on one's assumptions, the two are not necessarily related, only if we ourselves choose to do so. It is possible to not make assumptions, and ensure one's perspective is based on reality.

I.e., I have no idea why you chose to hide your moniker from my sight... from my perspective... I only know that you did. No assumptions so no judgment.

Do you not agree that perspective and assumptions are two very different things?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012 I think a better definition of perspective would be, an objective viewpoint singular to the observer, emphasis on singular

<< 1    3 >>

join