It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anti refugee / immigration rallies in Europe organised by right wing parties

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Vroomfondel
If you check my post again I said the west I didn't specifically say the US alone , what I really mean is the US , UK, France , and the rest of Europe who had been involved in conflict in the Middle east.

Don't forget Russia! Not only the huge interference during the Cold War, but more recently. Noting that Russian arms are predominant in all Middle Eastern conflict zones.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

agreed russia has alot to answer for

given that the AK47 is the most commonly used weapon for any terrorist

RPG7 , RPK7 , tanks , launch systems , all left overs from the Afghan war !

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flighty
a reply to: TonyS

Well according to what I can see online, Luton has "only just" surpassed the numbers of Islamists than those who identify as Christian.
So it sounds just a bit over 50/50 which is still a LOT of Christians...

As well as Birmingham, Islam is now the dominant religion among children in Leicester, Bradford,Luton, Slough and the London boroughs of Newham, Redbridge and Tower Hamlets. But the overall pattern across the country, however, shows that Christianity is still the dominant religion in every part of England and Wales.

Article is dated September last year, so relatively up to date ....

www.birminghampost.co.uk...

Also the latest census results say pretty much the same...

So as I said originally, the omission of the Christian viewpoint in the doco was deafening as they still are the dominant religion numbers wise. But I guess it's a case of the squeaky door gets the oil or those who make the most ruckus get heard the most.

But its just something I've noticed in a lot of these docomentaries where right wing political groups are included in a religious debate when it comes to Islam rather than the Christian perspective who are the ones in the line of sight of the radicals. Seems weird to me ( or by design, who knows.)

Well.......thank you for that. You're definitely one up on me when it comes to the questions of demographics. And...I'm quite surprised at the number reporting their children as "Christian". From the article, I noted: "When taking the religious beliefs of children and adults into account, 41.1 per cent of people in Birmingham say they are Christian and 21.8 per cent say they are Muslim. No religion was the next most popular option, with 19.3 per cent of the city’s population saying they were atheist. This compares to the 33.7 per cent of children registered as Christian, 34.7 per cent who were registered as Muslim and 19.7 per cent who had no religion."

So yes, you're correct, the failure to vet the Christian perspective appears to be a rather glaring omission. If useful, I'd proffer the speculations that 1), the reporter may have been of the opinion that getting into the "Religious" aspects of the issue were beyond the scope of her intent. She seemed focused upon the more general issue of assimilation/integration into the host society at large, regardless of religious views of the host culture; then 2) I'd suggest its just as likely that the young lady reporter has her eye on a job as a presenter with BBC and if that's the case, she'd "self-censor" by not presenting the Christian perspective because she wouldn't want to raise the question of the possibility of Christian persecution by Muslims out of concern of alarming the Christian population and/or worse, without unintentionally casting a pro-Christian slant. I don't know what the situation with the MSM is in the UK, but in the US, it's fashionable to cast the "Christians" as anti-intellectual, racist, knuckle dragging Nativist Xenophobes inclined to join the Neo-Nazi party.

Of course, none of it really matters. She did her job in conformity with Liberal MSM standards. She cast the "radical" Muslims as a very small minority of the Muslim population. She presented the moderate "peace loving" Muslims at the Mosque. And she laid the groundwork for making the case that the blame for the failure of assimilation lies at the feet of the indigenous Anglo population when she included the interview with the young Anglo's who admitted they didn't interact with the Muslims and had withdrawn from the areas where the Muslims live........i.e. self-segregation which sets the Anglo population for charges of being racist. So.....she did her job.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

That's a great summing up Tony.
I got pretty much the same from it but you put it way more succinctly.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Completely its a two way street this mixing of cultures I honestly think that most Britons don't care or are to interested in their own lives to mix with foreign nationals.

They bang on about not integrating when the first thing they do is ignore or avoid the new cultures because they are simply to British to change !

We only have to look to the last wave of immigration into the UK and the racism that spawned from it , but now those cultures have been completely assimilated. The one thing that helped was the food and the music.

it's a dance that requires both partners to move their feet not one leads and the other follows badly until they are disqualified

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

You know, I agree, and I entirely understand what you're saying. We've seen much the same thing here in the US. The Chinese, Japanese, and most recently, the Vietnamese have managed to integrate into the fabric of US society and economic life. And as you've noted, there's always problems at first, fear and trepidation and such.
But typically by the 2nd or 3rd generation, they're entirely assimilated into US society.

I've lived in Muslim countries and have had many Muslim friends, so I'm not particularly prejudiced against Muslim society.
Having said that, my observation is that the recent wave of Muslim immigrants to Europe, and by recent, I mean since 2000, present a rather peculiar problem. To demonstrate that, I'll quote you're statement: "it's a dance that requires both partners to move their feet". It seems to me that this latest wave of people......don't dance! Literally! By that I mean.......I don't hear any music coming from them. I don't see any parties or any celebrations. I don't see any "art". They seem to be coming from a culture that doesn't do life in "Living Color"; they're living life in black and white. The "tone" is somber; their lives seem to reflect an eternal "repression" and "oppression". Where's the joy?

As an example, look at the video report again. Notice how the reporter is trying to get a Muslim guy to talk to her in a street interview.....he's standing by the curb, talking on his cell phone and one of his pals speaks for him saying "not now, he's busy". What's he busy at? He's talking to another pal 2 blocks down the street. What's he "busy" at? Put another way...how do these people fill their day? I've seen them in my home city here in the US on Fridays, downtown and they walk in somber silence in groups or clumps toward the Mosque, as if on que, their women following in female clumps behind them.......in silence. Where's the joy?

I don't see them making any effort whatsoever to integrate into the larger "host" society. In a bad analogy, what with their clothing choices and the women wearing the burkas and veils, they remind me a lot of the Hasidic Jews of New York City with their long beards and big black hats and black robes.

I don't know, but the situation does seem a bit weird to me.
Thanks

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Aye I agree with you there, they arent really offering much in the ways of culture , fair enough previous incarnations of Islam offered many great things , art , geometry etc , but modern muslims where is their culture ?

I know there are breakers in islamic nations , but BBoying is very much a world wide cultural movement now as part of hiphop !

You need to be able to offer something and the only thing they offer is a cold shoulder aye fair enough they have their open mosque policy but you dont get anything more.

I know alot of muslims and they are all really happy outgoing people fair enough they are british born and live in Scotland so they are just like other Scottish adults they like to have fun because its miserable up here in the pishin rain !

They do sometimes goto mosque but aren't totally devout muslims , well maybe there is your answer!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join