It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anti refugee / immigration rallies in Europe organised by right wing parties

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Ok it was a # comparrison !

still hasn't our meddling in the middle east displaced more humans than WW2?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
No doubt some are racist and what you define as right wing... No one likes what some see as impending change. The changes coming to Europe with this influx of refugees and their way of life will be profound.. Will it be for the better for some sure; will it be for the better for others, nope!

There are already places that are called Europe where a female cannot walk down a street without her head covered without religious harassment or worse.

We have about 1000 police, nurses, doctors, shoppers, people attending worship at a temple killed every year by Muslims. Wait a few years and we will see if that crap starts in major cities all over Europe. I hope not seriously...

youtu.be...

Interesting documentary.
But I was expecting to see the addition of the viewpoint of a Luton Priest/Pastor or other christian representative of which there were NONE.
The young lady made no effort to even seek out a christian representative to give their experience of what is happening in that town.

I say this not to be controversial , who knows they may have said that they have no problem with Muslim population in the town, but it would have been great to have heard their opinion as their absence or willful omission from the doco is deafening. And way too one sided.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: johnwick

Sorry to go of topic but isn't serving in the military a kind of brainwashing ? (lighthearted joke by the way)

Anyways it appears that most of the groups organising these protests are right wing ultra nationals whose parties are affiliated with fascist extremism whilst not outright declared they exhibit these behaviours where ever they go.

People can still be nationalist and patriotic with resorting to extremist views , do they suddenly lose their morals and decide enough is enough , I will resort to extremism to resolve this issue and then become exactly what they are trying to prevent from coming to europe.

If I know, because I see it daily, that the current policy is very bad for my country and my country men, yet those making these policies show no signs of stopping short of destroying my country and my culture....

Yes I would join those that don't necessarily have all the same views as me, for the duration of stopping the destruction of my people and culture.

Because standing on the sidelines isn't going to change anything, all while I watch as my country is destroyed....

What else would I do, join those actively destroying my country?

No thanks

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

a reply to: johnwick

Sorry to go of topic but isn't serving in the military a kind of brainwashing ?

Anyways it appears that most of the groups organising these protests are right wing ultra nationals whose parties are affiliated with fascist extremism whilst not outright declared they exhibit these behaviours where ever they go.

People can still be nationalist and patriotic with resorting to extremist views , do they suddenly lose their morals and decide enough is enough , I will resort to extremism to resolve this issue and then become exactly what they are trying to prevent from coming to europe.

No more so than people who are die hards and associated with any political party, social cause and so on. People seem to have this all military are a bunch of stupid robot grunts view of the military. You all get taught basic skills and then more specialized skills in ait but in the end people will still make determinations on how to go about something, especially when crap goes wrong. Is the military brainwashing? Depends on your views of it and experience with it.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

a reply to: Reallyfolks

I did edit my last post as it was only meant as a joke , I know some people wont see it that way however and I dont want the thread to descend into chaos!

I know plenty of people in the military and they are all rational , moral human beings, they just know how to kill people more efficiently than the rest of us!

And from farther away

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

Ok it was a # comparrison !

still hasn't our meddling in the middle east displaced more humans than WW2?

Their idiotic backwards culture is doing it, our meddling just helped a little.

Who do you blame the drunk driver or jack Daniels?

I blame the idiots doing it, not the contributing factors.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Neonazis tried to organize a "Day of the patriots" over here on the weekend and wanted to march through Hamburg. They got no permission, because the police feared clashes, especially since Hamburg is the home of many left extremists.

A few Nazis still appeared, but were outnumbered by the left extremists. The police did a good job and kept them mainly appart from each other. Thousands of people gathered in Hamburg to protest against the right extremists.

Later the Nazis tried the same in Bremen, but again the police stopped them and many people demonstrated against the Nazis.

No men with long beards were involved, noone sold his woman on the slave market, no carbomb exploded.
So there is hope, I guess.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

What about China and those empty cities they have been building for years? Not once in all these threads such as this Ive not seen anyone ask about China and how they may be helping the refugees considering the empty space they have.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Flighty

I might well be wrong, but the impression I've gotten is that there are very few "practicing" Christians left in England. And the star of the show, being 28, probably doesn't even know any Christians. Pretty much a lost "cause" in the UK from what I gather.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
People equate nationalism for racism. That's sad. Just because you don't want your culture compromised by people who have a different worldview and set of standards, does not mean your are a racist.

Excellent point.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Flighty

I might well be wrong, but the impression I've gotten is that there are very few "practicing" Christians left in England. And the star of the show, being 28, probably doesn't even know any Christians. Pretty much a lost "cause" in the UK from what I gather.

No, you are correct. Religion in general in Europe is disipating. Atheism is on the rise, at least in NW Europe".

"Atheists Are The Majority In North-West Europe , What could be the reason ?
www.sodahead.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

What about China and those empty cities they have been building for years? Not once in all these threads such as this Ive not seen anyone ask about China and how they may be helping the refugees considering the empty space they have.

China already has 1/6 of the world's population in an area right the size of the continental US..... I think they probably have enough folks already.... Just saying

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There is a very simple fix to the refugees problem that both sides would be happy with;

Help Assad defeat Isis then hold him to his promise of power sharing when order is restored.

None of these people want to be refugees. They have left Syria because it's not safe there. Let's fix the problem so they can return home.

And stop listening to MSM propaganda on the conflict. The war has gotten so out if hand because of very bad international intervention - how does bombing both sides of a war help to stop it, or maintain safe zones for people?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Yes, Christianity is definitely on the decline in NW Europe, but it's undeniable that the core values on which those countries cultures and societies are founded on are at least heavily influenced by Christianity and its teachings.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

........ The war has gotten so out if hand because of very bad international intervention

There's no getting away from the fact that the level and type of foreign intervention has certainly contributed to the current appalling situation but let's face facts; none of this would have been possible if it wasn't for long standing and deep rooted hatred between Sunni's and Shia's and the barbaric teachings of a particular brand of Sunni Islam.

Muslims are killing other Muslims and many other Muslims refuse to help lots of other Muslims who are the most affected by this.
Yet apparently it's all 'the west's' fault?

- how does bombing both sides of a war help to stop it, or maintain safe zones for people?

It doesn't and I don't know a single person who advocates it.

edit on 14/9/15 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

a reply to: 727Sky

I don't want any kind of religious fanaticism or extremism in Scotland or the UK, I really don't know why the governments of the west are so scared about upsetting extremist Muslims when they have spent the last 10 years bombing innocent Muslims.
Could they really do much worse?
if they are 5% of the population then the extreme ones are even less our laws should be the only laws and they should abide by them or leave, deportation to countries where sharia is accepted.

Because one terrorist attack anywhere "upsets the markets", the stock prices tumbles, and there's a fear of a recession.

UK more or less had to negotiate with the IRA because of the devastation that one truck bomb did to the financial city.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

There is some merit to your post, however, to say that the influx of refugees is due to the US cooking up war in the middle east for the last 50 years is a real stretch. There was war in the middle east thousands of years before the US existed and there will be war long after we are gone. They don't need help from the US or anyone else to keep maintain the killing spree. They can do it all by themselves.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcellUK more or less had to negotiate with the IRA because of the devastation that one truck bomb did to the financial city.

To be historically accurate, the more violent and brutal the IRA became the more focussed the British Government became. The IRA were dragged to the negotiation table because they were being defeated by intelligence and the SAS.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Well according to what I can see online, Luton has "only just" surpassed the numbers of Islamists than those who identify as Christian.
So it sounds just a bit over 50/50 which is still a LOT of Christians...

As well as Birmingham, Islam is now the dominant religion among children in Leicester, Bradford,Luton, Slough and the London boroughs of Newham, Redbridge and Tower Hamlets. But the overall pattern across the country, however, shows that Christianity is still the dominant religion in every part of England and Wales.

Article is dated September last year, so relatively up to date ....

www.birminghampost.co.uk...

Also the latest census results say pretty much the same...

So as I said originally, the omission of the Christian viewpoint in the doco was deafening as they still are the dominant religion numbers wise. But I guess it's a case of the squeaky door gets the oil or those who make the most ruckus get heard the most.

But its just something I've noticed in a lot of these docomentaries where right wing political groups are included in a religious debate when it comes to Islam rather than the Christian perspective who are the ones in the line of sight of the radicals. Seems weird to me ( or by design, who knows.)

edit on 15-9-2015 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

If you check my post again I said the west I didn't specifically say the US alone , what I really mean is the US , UK, France , and the rest of Europe who had been involved in conflict in the Middle east.

It is unfair to blame everything completely on the US , the reason they take the most blame is because they are the ones who do most of the work when it comes to boots on the ground, that's not to downplay anyone else's involvement or mean that they aren't doing a good job. It's just that the US throw more resources at it and men and women.

I think Freeborn had it right, Extreme Islam is a problem for Islamic nations to resolve their own sectarianism , the west should really , ideally be a peace keeping force to maintain it from spilling out of the middle east nothing else.
Where are all the muslim nations rising against the extremism , they are woefully quiet.

Or do they actually have an agenda , their lack of action speaks volumes.
Europe managed to overcome its most bloody sectarian period only recently when the IRA and the UK agreed on a ceasefire and terror attacks stopped which brought an end to centuries of sectarian warfare between Catholics and Protestants
We have managed to overcome our religious hatred , so should they and drag themselves out of the #ing dark ages at the same time!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join