It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anti refugee / immigration rallies in Europe organised by right wing parties

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
As of the recent Syrian refugees arriving in Europe the media and general European populace have been debating online and on the streets in support or criticism of the influx of refugees and migrants.

I have witnessed every day my friends and family discussing the refugee / migrant situation , people are debating then arguing and finally falling out over their views on refugees and migrants coming into Europe and the UK.

I have noticed many people who support the refugees and migrants, I myself support them coming into Europe/UK for my own reasons and I sense there is a majority of people who want them to come here and flee their war torn countries.
In my opinion you reap what you sow, the West have been cooking up war in the middle east for at leas the last 50 years and well if we have destroyed their nations of course they want to come here for a better future.

I have also noticed as of late a rise in anti immigration and anti refugee protests and with that the rise in ignorance on social media and as a result I have had to remove people who were once classed as friends from school who have since been relegated to the dustbin and I never wish to deal with them again after offering a counter to their argument with supporting news articles which show the marches are organised by right wing groups.

This rise of nationalist identity and organisation from right wing political parties is worrying, we are seeing protests from mostly eastern European countries most recently Poland in an attempt to rally people against radical islam or Hijrah ( Muhammad's migration from mecca to medina) Or as the right wing groups call it the migration of Islam to take over citiies.

Refug ees today , terrorists tomorrow

The rise in support for nationalist right wing parties was bolstered by the assault in Paris
attack on paris

it is clearly obvious that the media and our collective western government appear to be stirring the pot and using classic divide and conquer to separate us through political and ideological affiliations.

Using the fear of terrorism to make us trust in our governments and allow them to handle the situation , and at the same time also make us more nationalist and align our selves with the right.

parties like Pegida , Svoboda and others are slowly gaining support in Europe and Ukraine as a result of the ongoing conflict in Syria and the arrival of more and more refugees and migrants.

A solution would be to end the conflict and stop the flow of migrants and refugees but this seems unlikely to happen.
I am not worried about terrorists coming into europe as they are already here , I am worried about the rise of fascism and what it means for the future of Europe.

I had to delete my friend from facebook as he posted a meme of a fascist posing with nazi salute in front of a WW2 memorial in the UK stating that its an offense to every man woman and child who died as a result of the war, then later on in the same day posted a anti refugee rally held by ultra right wing groups.

What does everyone make of the rise of fascism again ?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
No doubt some are racist and what you define as right wing... No one likes what some see as impending change. The changes coming to Europe with this influx of refugees and their way of life will be profound.. Will it be for the better for some sure; will it be for the better for others, nope!

There are already places that are called Europe where a female cannot walk down a street without her head covered without religious harassment or worse.

We have about 1000 police, nurses, doctors, shoppers, people attending worship at a temple killed every year by Muslims. Wait a few years and we will see if that crap starts in major cities all over Europe. I hope not seriously...

youtu.be...

edit on 14-9-2015 by 727Sky because: ..

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It does not mean , for the most part , a rise in fascism . For the most part it is people thinking rationally and logically , not with their emotions. They are concerned with where their country will be in 10 years. Not where Syria is now. The people want change in Syria . Instead of fleeing into other countries that just cant handle the influx of that many people , stand and fight for yourself.WIn your own Independence . Take your own country back.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
People equate nationalism for racism. That's sad. Just because you don't want your culture compromised by people who have a different worldview and set of standards, does not mean your are a racist.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

This kind of extremism or fanaticism which affects others rights should be completely squashed by the government and their police force.

Europe celebrates religious freedom and also celebrates that we tolerate and understand peoples differences, one group or the other cannot be allowed to force others to their way of life. Religious laws of one group cannot be enforced on others who do not share the same religious practices/beliefs.

We should fight this kind of extremism anywhere it lies.
Religious , political or ideological extremism needs to stop.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Yes you are correct alot of people do equate nationalism with fascism as fascism was born from it , but what Im talking about are parties who are outspoken in their extreme right wing views and are classed as ultra nationalist and fascist parties who promote violence.
In the true sense of fascist parties.

many just fling around the word fascist as an insult , but i'm speaking directly of ultra nationalist parties who are fascist.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Europe should not have to bear the brunt of this. Mexico, North Korea, and Israel should be able to take some.
edit on 14-9-2015 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

This kind of extremism or fanaticism which affects others rights should be completely squashed by the government and their police force.

Europe celebrates religious freedom and also celebrates that we tolerate and understand peoples differences, one group or the other cannot be allowed to force others to their way of life. Religious laws of one group cannot be enforced on others who do not share the same religious practices/beliefs.

We should fight this kind of extremism anywhere it lies.
Religious , political or ideological extremism needs to stop.

Totally agree but: Police and government can't do a darn thing without stirring the pot and the Muslims know it when they reach about 5% of a given population.

The following short video is from France..you want this kind of religious B.S. in your town ... I doubt it.. but ...
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I don't want any kind of religious fanaticism or extremism in Scotland or the UK, I really don't know why the governments of the west are so scared about upsetting extremist Muslims when they have spent the last 10 years bombing innocent Muslims.
Could they really do much worse?
if they are 5% of the population then the extreme ones are even less our laws should be the only laws and they should abide by them or leave, deportation to countries where sharia is accepted.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Odd that after so many years of war in the middle east we have displaced millions of muslims and no one has created them a country to flock to after war?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Odd that after so many years of war in the middle east we have displaced millions of muslims and no one has created them a country to flock to after war?

It would appear that all over the world the are counties crating space for them
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Great idea! The UN should give them Israel. They've done it before.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Great idea! The UN should give them Israel. They've done it before.

Let's give them kuwait. It's a shorter trip

Better yet, let them wander the desert for 40 years.
edit on 14-9-2015 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I am not against refugees or economic migrants but why is that Europe is being asked to take in all of these people when there are countries which are closer which align more with their political and religious world views who could easily support them.

For example other middle eastern countries which surround Syria.
Surely it makes much more logistical sense and effectively would be more humanitarian for refugees to travel shorter distances to these countries rather than try to make it to Europe.

# knows why they'd want to come here anyway it's always pissing down in Scotland

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I will check this video out when I go home I unfortunately forgot my earphones for work today.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

What comes around, goes around. We have seen this with the 60% vote for the new Labour Leader and his and now the parties policies, as well as his shadow cabinet. Yeah, we all have different views. History shows we are a snow globe, shake it and watch them flakes settle, shake it again and they will settle elsewhere.

The angle is marching past the 30 degree 50/50 mark, we are now at 45 degrees and on the slippery slope to 90 degree free fall, history tends to repeat itself , we never learn but tend to forget.

First World War 1914
Second World War 1939

Forget tectonic plates, government (and the real leaders, the bankers) will be the downfall of this species, Germany last week ......... we will accept ALL refugees, Germany this week close their borders. Australia? wtf is going on there. UK opposition party wtf? There's a rumbling in the jungle of this planet

Hello!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Europe should not have to bear the brunt of this. Mexico, North Korea, and Israel should be able to take some.

Mexico can't, all their people gave been " immigrating " to the US for decades!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

well there are really troubling things afoot , hopefully we will make it out unscathed and by we I mean all of us on this planet. Surely there is a solution to this problem.

I am completely against war for the fact that many innocents die in the process, but where ISIS are involved we should take steps to remove them and if that means taking a war to them and their caliphate then so be it. People who behead others because their world views and beliefs are different do not deserve to live on this planet.

It seems though that everything is extremely complex and has gotten to the point that yes another world war seems unavoidable. Lets just hope that it doesn't happen.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

well there are really troubling things afoot , hopefully we will make it out unscathed and by we I mean all of us on this planet. Surely there is a solution to this problem.

I am completely against war for the fact that many innocents die in the process, but where ISIS are involved we should take steps to remove them and if that means taking a war to them and their caliphate then so be it. People who behead others because their world views and beliefs are different do not deserve to live on this planet.

It seems though that everything is extremely complex and has gotten to the point that yes another world war seems unavoidable. Lets just hope that it doesn't happen.

Unscathed, i wish. I think we have gone past the point of no return. V1 rotate happened in 2014
edit on 2015-09-14T08:53:41-05:002015Mon, 14 Sep 2015 08:53:41 -0500bMonday5309America/Chicago158 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

a reply to: paraphi

Yes you are correct alot of people do equate nationalism with fascism as fascism was born from it , but what Im talking about are parties who are outspoken in their extreme right wing views and are classed as ultra nationalist and fascist parties who promote violence.
In the true sense of fascist parties.

many just fling around the word fascist as an insult , but i'm speaking directly of ultra nationalist parties who are fascist.

Extreme right, extreme left...all a bunch of idiots. Guess time will tell if the come one come all crowd or the don't walk this road crowd was right.

If you are the cone one come all type you had better hope you were right. If you are the don't do this crowd doesn't appear there is a choice. May explain why protesting, etc is popping up.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out over the next several years for Europe. But history does show when two vastly different cultures meet, one has to go. By choice or by force. Time will tell

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join