It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay rights group erects billboard in Kim Davis' Kentucky town

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Gay rights group erects.....

Pun intended ?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

People have been taking our Dignity away for years and years and years, if this Sign is what upsets people and makes us seem "Childish" and "Undignified" While Kim Davis is preaching for Religious Tyranny, and people say Marriage Equality would lead to Bestiality, than sorry, not sorry

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: diggindirt

What does selling your daughter have to do with the definition of marriage?
What did I miss here?

The Old Testament?

“When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do.
Exoduc 21:7

And once again we have a group of people not understanding who the OT applies to. It even states its for the people in the ME but hey dont let that stop them from making a political point.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Well, that doesn't stop Christians from quoting the Old Testament to condemn homosexuals.
edit on 13-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I'm with you Darth_Prime. The sign points out the hypocrisy of the belief system that Kim Davis is using to discriminate against people instead of attacking her for her looks/past that other far more immature people/media have done. This is tame compared to the stuff written on signs/posters against the gay community or planned parenthood clinics but we are the terrible ones.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Billboard is simply some clever sounding rhetorical nonsenses. Not really germane to the issue.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

What is the message of the billboard? I can't make much sense out of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: yuppa

Well, that doesn't stop Christians from quoting the Old Testament to condemn homosexuals.

Anyone who doesn't "get" that billboard is because they're choosing not to.

It isn't brain science.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

Two wrongs don't make a right.

One wrong being Kim Davis denying marriage licenses to gay couples.

Another wrong being LGBT group putting up a funny billboard pointing out the hypocrisy?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Exactly!

They could have used a thousand different billboard sayings waaaay worse than this one to get their point across. Personally, I think this is a very clever way of getting a point across. Haters can call it "childish" or "undignified" but even they would have to admit it gets their point across. Best part about it, is that they didn't have to use homosexuality to do it.

I've read somewhere that one of the reasons for not legalizing gay marriage was because it could open doors for bestiality. So I guess cows probably wasn't the best choice for billboard.

Ive always said we need to rewright the law stating that MARRIAGE IS A UNION BETWEEN TWO CONSENTING ADULTS. It doesn't specify geneder, so you can't discriminate anymore. This will also eliminate any concerns for minors, animals, puppets whatever else people can come with. If Bubba's fiancee, Fluffy the sheep, can't show consent and sign its name, no marriage license.

I also understand and support religious rights to a certain point. You go to the court house for your marriage license. Kim Davis, its just a piece of paper, you have to do your job as a clerk. If that same couple wants to have their wedding at your place of worship, then by all means, discriminate away. Just remember God's watching you ..... ...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RainyState

Kim Davis, its just a piece of paper, you have to do your job as a clerk.

Yep that's what they don't understand. "They" seem to think a piece of paper will stain them with sin and bring on the apocalypse. It's just a freaking piece of paper. If Kim Davis is soooo worried about her name on the licenses then why isn't she worried about other couples that violated the Bible rules such as divorce?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Matthew 5:31-32

31 “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Pretty selective isn't she?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Matthew 5:31-32

31 “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Pretty selective isn't she?

Notice that's even from the NEW Testament.

edit on 14-9-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

You know who the real villains are, when people use symbolism that many times throughout history has represented the devil. The Bull and the goat, are these symbols and that billboard sign speaks much more volumes for those who have eyes to see. People may not like Davis for her actions, however, to whoever did that board, is in bed with the elites.

Here is what I don't get, if you know the elites are pushing this agenda, if you know the elites are corrupt, if you know the elites themselves worship BAAL in occultism, Stone owl at bohemian Grove, why even support ANY of their causes when you know there is an agenda?

I speak to those who are against the NWO, which is non other than a babylon remake. If you want to know your true enemy, search everything that old babylon stood for. The truth is right there.

The board with the bull horns is a clear mock.

edit on th2015000000Mondayth000000Mon, 14 Sep 2015 06:11:56 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoMon, 14 Sep 2015 06:11:56 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

but you know what happens when you stir up a hornets nest.

I had to laugh at that. You're damned right. What do you expect to happen when people discriminate?

Which part? The woman discriminating against gays or the gays discriminating against the religious? Doesn't really matter what you personally think...fact is...there are two victims here.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Doesn't really matter what you personally think...fact is...there are two victims here.

A standard tactic ( a very popular one) of those trying to deny the rights of others is to claim they are the persecuted class of people and are only 'defending' themselves against it.

People misunderstand that term 'discriminate' apparently. The religious aren't being 'discriminated' against by the gays, they are being PREVENTED from using their religion as an excuse to discriminate.

There's a difference.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I can't tell you how sick I am of that stupid argument. If ANY person is unable to choose how to live their lives, it is discrimination. If a religious person is told they must disobey their God, it is no different than a gay person being stopped from getting a marriage license.

Don't get me wrong...I am not against gay marriage and I AM NOT RELIGIOUS! I don't believe in a God and I don't follow any religion. So...you can call me an observer that has no horse in the race. And I'm telling you...who isn't non-biased...that religion (especially Catholics) are being forced to break their religious vows by groups that would like to see them abolished. If you don't see it...it is because you don't care about it or approve of it. Yes...Catholics are free to practice religion behind closed doors, in their churches, etc. as long as they leave it at home, don't express it in public or at work. Sound familiar? Isn't that what the gay community has been fighting against...for themselves?

What you and others don't seem to understand, or more likely don't care is that if ANY discrimination is permitted...we all lose in the end. Because what is considered "OK" today will one day fall to the "NOT OK" side and when you or someone you care about is there...maybe you will then give a crap. Being Catholic today is basically like being gay...yesterday.

But why waste my time...you don't give a crap unless it is on your agenda. Right?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I can't tell you how sick I am of that stupid argument. If ANY person is unable to choose how to live their lives, it is discrimination.

NO it's not. The world isn't discriminating against child killers when we put them in jail for killing children. And if you want to call that discrimination then it's certainly the right kind.

If a religious person is told they must disobey their God, it is no different than a gay person being stopped from getting a marriage license.

Yes it is different. The first has no affect on your life other than to you personally. The 2nd is not allowing somebody to enter into a legal government contract, that is afford to some. Which is entirely a different scenario and cannot even be compared.

hat religion (especially Catholics) are being forced to break their religious vows by groups that would like to see them abolished

No they are not. Nobody is forcing them to do anything. If Kim Davis loved her religion as much as she claims she did, she would have quit and let somebody else do the job. Nobody FORCED her to go to prison, nobody FORCED her to keep that job.

She CHOSE to take the actions she did by no other volition than her own.

What you and others don't seem to understand, or more likely don't care is that if ANY discrimination is permitted...we all lose in the end.

But it's not discrimination. It just isn't. Kim Davis is trying to use HER religion, to deny other people their rights under the law. She is discriminating against them. She can't claim the opposite when it doesn't work.

But why waste my time...you don't give a crap unless it is on your agenda. Right?

And here I was taking your seriously until just then..

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join