It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay rights group erects billboard in Kim Davis' Kentucky town

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
You keep insisting that Kentucky law says the clerk's name must be on the form. Could you cite that statute? The only statute I can find says that they must be uniform.

402.1 00 Marriage license -- Marriage certificate -- Confidentiality of Social Security numbers.
Each county clerk shall use the form prescribed by the Department for Libraries and Archives when issuing a marriage license. This form shall provide for the entering of all of the information required in this section, and may also provide for the entering of additional information prescribed by the Department for Libraries and Archives.
The form shall consist of:
(1) A marriage license which provides for the entering of:

(a) An authorization statement of the county clerk issuing the license for any person or religious society authorized to perform marriage ceremonies to unite in marriage the persons named;
(b) Vital information for each party, including the full name, date of birth, place of birth, race, condition (single, widowed, or divorced), number of previous marriages, occupation, current residence, relationship to the other party, and full names of parents; and
(c) The date and place the license is issued, and the signature of the county clerk or deputy clerk issuing the license.

www.lrc.ky.gov...

402.110 Marriage license to be uniform and completely filled out.
The form of marriage license prescribed in KRS 402.100 shall be uniform throughout this state, and every license blank shall contain the identical words and figures provided in the form prescribed by that section. In issuing the license the clerk shall deliver it in its entirety to the licensee. The clerk shall see to it that every blank space required to be filled by the applicants is so filled before delivering it to the licensee. Effective: July 13, 1984 History: Amended 1984 Ky. Acts ch. 279, sec. 3, effective July 13, 1984. -- Recodified 1942 Ky. Acts ch. 208, sec. 1, effective October 1, 1942, from Ky. Stat. sec. 2103a.

www.lrc.ky.gov...

I've questioned several attorneys now and can't find a single one who is familiar with any statute or regulation that states that the name of the clerk must appear on the form. That is why I am asking you to provide a link and educate us all to such arcane law if it exists.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You don't seem to understand the Supreme Courts ruling, Nothing Changed all they did was Rule that the States had to abide by the 14th Amendment. Meaning, Marriage Equality has always been Legal Under the Constitution, it's just that States and People refused to accept it and would create other Laws to get around it, basically ignoring the Constitution that so many call on when they Need it

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You don't seem to understand the Supreme Courts ruling, Nothing Changed all they did was Rule that the States had to abide by the 14th Amendment. Meaning, Marriage Equality has always been Legal Under the Constitution, it's just that States and People refused to accept it and would create other Laws to get around it, basically ignoring the Constitution that so many call on when they Need it

I don't know why some have such a problem with this.

The 14th ammendment: all citizens must be treated equally.

Marriage was being restricted to hetero couples. That violates the Constitution.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

It's under 402.100. Further down.

www.lrc.ky.gov...

A certificate to be delivered by the person performing the marriage ceremony or the
clerk of the religious society performing the marriage ceremony to the parties
married. This certificate shall provide for the entering of:
(a)
A statement by the person performing the marriage ceremony or the clerk of
the religious society performing the marriage ceremony that the ceremony was
performed. The statement shall include the name and title of the person
performing the ceremony, or the name of the religious society performing the
ceremony, the names of persons married, the date and place of the marriage,
the names of two (2) witnesses, and the following information as recorded on
the license authorizing the marriage: the date the license was issued, the name
of the county clerk under whose authority the license was issued,
and the
county in which the license was issued

edit on 9/14/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Okay, had to call an attorney friend. Here is what she said (paraphrased):
"That portion of the statute refers to the marriage certificate. That is the document signed by the person performing the ceremony.
Kim Davis has challenged the license portion of the statute---therefore if her name doesn't have to appear on the license, her name would not have to appear on the certificate, only the seal of the county or the Commonwealth."
Honestly, I don't remember if those are two separate documents or not despite the fact that I've two of them.
Didn't think to ask the attorney if she knew.
Confusing? You bet. That is why her legal team asked for a stay until this tangle can be sorted out and everyone's rights be respected.
Whatever the outcome---people are obtaining marriage licenses today in Rowan County and I hope they continue to do so. Kim Davis is back at work and I hope she continues to perform her duties.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
That is why her legal team asked for a stay until this tangle can be sorted out and everyone's rights be respected.

Except for the rights of gay people, they apparently do not have the same rights as other people!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

That is why her legal team asked for a stay until this tangle can be sorted out and everyone's rights be respected.

Except for the rights of gay people, they apparently do not have the same rights as other people!

The Gay Peoples' rights have been honored by the government according to law.

Hyperbole much?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Dude. Xuen.

Yes, they have.

But people who are named Kim Davis are REFUSING to recognize it.

Hyperbole much?

State your case much?

Whatever it is....your case, your beef......just bloody say it already!

Gah. Never mind.
Done I am with talking to you.

edit on 9/14/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I linked everything in this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

But the government *HAS* taken care of the one renegade right?

The County, the State, and the Federal government has upheld the law.

What else could any Citizen expect?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Because in their Minds We (GLBTQ+) people forced the "Liberal" Supreme Court to "Change" and "Alter" the definition of the constitution to redefine the word 'Marriage'

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Because in their Minds We (GLBTQ+) people forced the "Liberal" Supreme Court to "Change" and "Alter" the definition of the constitution to redefine the word 'Marriage'

Don't let facts get in the way of your delusion.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Facts are meaningless when they don't fit your Story.. or the "Progressive"

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: hellobruce

Hyperbole much?

really?....so gay people shouldn't be able to be fired from their job for being gay.....but they are....I guess that to you that means "their rights are being honored by the federal government"

I wonder if it would be ok to fire a person for being a right-wing republican?....nah....because those people are honored by the government

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
originally posted by: xuenchen

really?....so gay people shouldn't be able to be fired from their job for being gay.....but they are....I guess that to you that means "their rights are being honored by the federal government"

I wonder if it would be ok to fire a person for being a right-wing republican?....nah....because those people are honored by the government

The topic is only about the Kim Davis affair, which the government has rectified the lone renegade.

Hyperbole much?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: NthOther

They are pointing out the hypocrisy for being selective.

It still has zero to do with traditional marriage in the US since we haven't sold our daughters in quite some time, if ever....they haven't broken the mold of not selling your daughters and they know it. They should try a real Third World country where that really happens. It's called something else in those places....betrothal or something. And men can still burn their wives in the kitchen so maybe they should try a country like that and see what happens.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

It still has zero to do with traditional marriage in the US since we haven't sold our daughters in quite some time, if ever....they haven't broken the mold of not selling your daughters and they know it. They should try a real Third World country where that really happens. It's called something else in those places....betrothal or something. And men can still burn their wives in the kitchen so maybe they should try a country like that and see what happens.

Must be brain science.

To make a simple message that complicated.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Must be brain science.

To make a simple message that complicated.

In the tech trade it's called "redundance".

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I get the point but I'm not aware that any daughters were given as brides in exchange for cattle in the United states. Not sure the billboard really applies here.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks
a reply to: Klassified

I get the point but I'm not aware that any daughters were given as brides in exchange for cattle in the United states. Not sure the billboard really applies here.

Then ought the rest of it? Same playbook.
edit on 14-9-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join