It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay rights group erects billboard in Kim Davis' Kentucky town

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I know I'm wasting my time...I understand your mindset. You said "Kim Davis is trying to use HER religion, to deny other people their rights under the law. She is discriminating against them. She can't claim the opposite when it doesn't work."

She is not USING her religion...her religion REQUIRES this of her. Or at least she believes it does. The RESULT is she ends up denying other people but only of HER providing the license. She is NOT denying it globally. Her religion is just like most people's religion, it is handed down by their God and that...to them...is far more important than any law made by man. These people believe they are obeying the creator of everything. Many believe this is thousands of times more important than any law created by man. While I'm sure you understand all this and I'm sure most others do also...the mentality is that since you and I may disagree...it is OK to tell them "tough crap!". And the result of telling them that, at least in this case was her being put in jail.

We can compare all kinds of examples using other's religions but the bottom line is the same. She was told she must break her religious beliefs because a man-made law was changed. She refused to break her beliefs. She was jailed. I don't support the woman, but I understand being discriminated against. You can call it what you want, but if you were forced or jailed because of your beliefs...I'm sure you would have a problem with that also.

What if (for example) a law was passed that you MUST have a surgical operation performed on your child that you didn't agree with? If you didn't want your child to have to have the operation, but you were told you had to...how would YOU feel? Would you cry discrimination? Or would you say "oh well...its the law"? I think I know the answer. You see...today, people are being told what they can do even in their own homes. They are being demonized for legal actions and ultimately discriminated against. What about the redneck that raises his children to believe they are superior to blacks? Yes...there are many examples.

Discrimination supported by law is still discrimination. To use a distasteful example...is it OK to discriminate against a person who has pedophile feelings and thoughts but has never broken the law? Is it OK to discriminate against them...not allow them to work in a school, etc? Logic would say NO...you can't discriminate. Emotion says YES.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
PS: And I was taking you seriously until your quote about her using her religion as a weapon.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
With all that said...I don't dislike you nor do I really wish to argue a topic that neither you nor I will be changing our minds about. You have stated your view and I have stated mine. Other than that...we are BOTH wasting our time.

Have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

She is not USING her religion...her religion REQUIRES this of her.

So you said it, her religion requires that she discriminate against homosexuals while at the same time holding a public office that she agreed to work in.

Her religion is not a breathing, living organism capable of making decisions. She made those decisions for HERSELF.

She is NOT denying it globally.

Well yes, because they had stopped issuing ANY kind of marriage licences. SO yes, she was discriminating against both straight and gay because she could not get her way.

She was told she must break her religious beliefs because a man-made law was changed. She refused to break her beliefs. She was jailed.

It was HER choice to violate the judge's ruling. You say it like she had no other choice, like it was be jailed or violate her principles. She had the option of resigning. She chose not to.

This is the main idea here. Kim Davis, put herself in this position by choosing to not resign, yet refusing to do her job as an elected official.

That's what put her in jail, the reason she did it is irrelevant. She had a duty to uphold as an elected official and she was failing to do so.

And yes she is using her religion as a weapon by saying ' there's nothing I can do about it, it's just the law I follow and that's it".

She could quit. She chooses not to.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Kim will be gong back to jail or prison. She will eventually lose her job and benefits to her stupidity so she has to become her own cash cow. Jail makes a hero and $$$$$$$ from idiots

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

So who's the "we" in the billboard, anyway? Who has "already redefined marriage"? Planting Peace? Homosexuals? Statist Progressives? Anti-Christians?

"We" is civilization as a whole. Well, at least Western civilization. As far as I know, we don't sell our daughters into slavery and/or marriage these days, and women have a choice, instead of being someones pet or property. Hence, marriage has been redefined from what it once was under Judaism and early Christianity.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Final words...if her religion dictates it, it is not her decision. She simply follows.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Final words...if her religion dictates it, it is not her decision. She simply follows.

Many a cult leader, serial killer, Nazi, etc, have said the exact same thing to justify their behavior.

" I was just following orders"

We didn't put up with it then, we don't put up with it now.

It's her choice to follow that religion. It's her choice to hold a public office, that requires work that goes again her religion.

It's her choice. It's her choice.

She'll have to live with the consequences, of her CHOICE.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I can't tell you how sick I am of that stupid argument. If ANY person is unable to choose how to live their lives, it is discrimination. If a religious person is told they must disobey their God, it is no different than a gay person being stopped from getting a marriage license.

I'm sorry, this just isn't how society works. We are able to live as a group, because we all observe the same ordinances. Those ordinances are crafted for both the group and the individual. They maximize the rights and freedom of both as much as is possible within the framework of social structure.

If I am religious, and my faith calls for violating the rights of others under secular law, then it will not be tolerated. This is what Kim has done. She has violated the rights of others, by choosing her rights over theirs. In our society, your rights end the moment you violate someone elses. How hard is that to understand?

Want total freedom? Go live by yourself, and there will be no reason to worry about other peoples rights.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
a reply to: Klassified

You know who the real villains are, when people use symbolism that many times throughout history has represented the devil. The Bull and the goat, are these symbols and that billboard sign speaks much more volumes for those who have eyes to see. People may not like Davis for her actions, however, to whoever did that board, is in bed with the elites.

Here is what I don't get, if you know the elites are pushing this agenda, if you know the elites are corrupt, if you know the elites themselves worship BAAL in occultism, Stone owl at bohemian Grove, why even support ANY of their causes when you know there is an agenda?

I speak to those who are against the NWO, which is non other than a babylon remake. If you want to know your true enemy, search everything that old babylon stood for. The truth is right there.

The board with the bull horns is a clear mock.

Strictly my opinion, but if those who administrate this world actually believe the same tripe they use to control the masses, they are even more messed up than I thought.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Billboard is simply some clever sounding rhetorical nonsenses. Not really germane to the issue.

I'm not so sure about that. I think the comparison is apropo. It's ok to sell another human being with the blessing of the OT god, but an abomination to that same god to be with someone of the same gender. That's some messed up logic, there.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

She CHOSE her religion. She CHOSE to follow. And that's fine. If her job and religion are incompatible, it's time for her to CHOOSE again. HER CHOICE.

Love the billboard. People who claim that marriage has been redefined are like those who claim that we (in the US) are not immigrants. They take a point in time and note a change as if that means something. Change is CONSTANT. We're always changing. Those who don't progress with society get stuck in their resistance to change and get left behind.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoffeeTeaMe

The message is ironic..

The LGBTQ-WXYZ will continue to redefine not only marriage

LGBT did not redefine marriage so it doesn't include a cow and goats... Sorry, you can't blame EVERYTHING on them!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Isn't it her choice to follow a religion?
If she could just prove that her god is real, then we would all agree with her right? If i were a religious fundy, that would be my first goal. I would spearhead a movement among the churches and religious orgs to use their money to further advance the tools of science, in hopes that it would be able to prove that their god exists. To fund particle physics instead of bash it. To build better ships to explore the universe in hopes of understanding what we are. But no they just want to hate people and separate themselves from even amongst themselves, and rationalize their fear by blaming it on the commandments of some god. Their money goes to build bigger churches with more extravagant trimmings so they have a nice place to go to when they play dressup on the weekends. Belle of the ball and all.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The only thing the billboard should say is "Kim, thanks for disregarding laws that violate your morals.". If a law violates your moral code you should disregard it even if a court orders you to comply. Kim Davis is a HERO. Its entirely appropriate to refuse to violate your moral values, especially if you are an official in her position. She is right, and the liberals and moderates against her are wrong. Christians first commandment is to reproduce, so its obviously no surprise that they frown on gay marriage, given that value.

To an extent, I believe in Democracy. And to that extent its up to the people who placed Kim Davis in power to remove her from power. It is not up to a tyrannical judge who thinks he has the right to jail people without a trial and who are not a danger to others. I honestly want that judge who violated her rights to be imprisoned for at least a coupe of months before being fired, so that others are not subject to all of the real financial and mental harm he does to people who are harmless, by putting them in prison with insufficient reasoning.

The liberals who spent the money promoting change in marriage would have better spent their money campaigning for the loose cannon judge who harms other people, to have to pay Kim Davis for damages of being wrongfully imprisoned. I realize that some people do sign away their rights to others like by joining the military, but I view that as a very bad decision, and I question the validity of doing that.

While the state has no business in marriages at all, and shouldn't be issuing any marriage licenses because people's individual personal relationships have nothing to do with their job, the state more so has no business attempting to jail people for the quality of their work. If Kim Davis agreed to go to jail over work quality issues, I'd like to see a copy of the signed and written contract that made her a subject.
edit on 14-9-2015 by wayforward because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Got to say I would love to buy someones daughter for a cow and three goats.
I would gladly buy Kim for a decomposing chicken and a few still born rats.
Some ask - why is she being given attention? Why not just ignore it until it goes away.

EASY ANSWER: When you ignore the actions of animals they become
embolden to act in greater defiance.

-Toy the Bear

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

If Kim Davis agreed to go to jail over work quality issues, I'd like to see a copy of the signed and written contract that made her a subject.

Here ya go. This is the OATH that Kin Davis took when she was sworn into office.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of _______ according to law; and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God." abc7chicago.com...

"So help me God...........?

That was her biggest mistake right there!

Matthew 5:34
"Again, you have heard that the ancients were told, 'YOU SHALL NOT MAKE FALSE VOWS, BUT SHALL FULFILL YOUR VOWS TO THE LORD.' 34"But I say to you, make no oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God,

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Yes..wasting your time, you stated she is only doing it herself? my understanding is she ordered her underlings not to supply licenses??

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Can both sides just agree to disagree and leave each other alone as much as possible?

I'm sensing egos and not beliefs are showing here on both sides. Meanwhile there are a ton of more pressing matters to attend to in the world right now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join