It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Short Series on the First Crusade

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia
a reply to: Reallyfolks

You know them as descendants of Moses, but its my fantasy

As in a real Israelite? As in one of the 12 tribes? Not saying your crazy pretty interesting. If I understand you correctly what tribe. Also if I have this correct would you mind telling me the country you are in? I ask because I know there is a debate as to what happened and migration of the 12 tribes, where their bloodlines landed, etc.

If I am reading you wrong let me know.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

No, Sorry. Go with the official story, Templars escaped, were killed, burned and persecuted for witchcraft, thats all i can tell.

But its my fantasy
edit on 13-9-2015 by Hyperia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The twelve tribes and bloodlines are still here.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The twelve tribes and bloodlines are still here.

I understand that, there just is a debate on migration and landing spots so I was curious.

As far as your post above this one...OK won't pry anymore.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

there just is a debate on migration and landing spots so I was curious.

Continue with this i can look.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

there just is a debate on migration and landing spots so I was curious.

Continue with this i can look.

Just some reading I've done which is far different from studying something. The debate as I see it stems from what happened after they left the caucus mountains (what happened to the Caucasian people?? Not race specific more regional). I've seen all types of stories of spreading into modern day Europe, Ethiopia, India, even some arguing a ton ended up in modern day America. Don't know myself but that's why I was asking you about your bloodlines and where you lived. Seemed like it might tie into those few stories I have read.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

you are in 4000BC gregorian, religion changed

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

you are in 4000BC gregorian, religion changed

So you apparently know about this. So I may be asking about something different. But that was the topic I was curios about. When you mentioned blood line thought it might tie in to that.

I could be on a completely different topic though, if so sorry to the op for derailing.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Different topic, if you ask the right questions i will answer, Borgia painted Jesus white.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Different topic, if you ask the right questions i will answer, Borgia painted Jesus white.

I read something like it was a painting of some elites son or something.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

or himself, when the symbols of leadership grasps for absolute power, it turns to s***, There are laws, which you do not break.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If I was interested in a religious debate, I'd have posted in the Religious forum. My entire point was that the Crusades had nothing to do with religion, yet somehow people turned it into an attack on christianity (wut), and then one guy boasted that he didn't even watch the video, but linked some random rebuttal of a video series he'd never heard of before?

I think people are missing the point here. The crusades are nothing to be proud of.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

Yeah. I felt bad for ya when I saw what happened to your thread. I know you didn't intend this.........

edit on 9/13/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Interesting video, but it neglects the fact that the catalyst for the Crusades was the conquest of Jerusalem by Seljuq Turks in 1070AD, and Christian pilgrims returning home brought news of Turkish desecration.

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Im gonna put this in perspective without naming, Christian ideals made and killed oh i dont know? 2-3 Billions? you want the last 500-100 Years, last 10? WW1 or WW2? Middle east? Yugoslavia? Ukraine? Where do you want me to start or finish?
I think the difference is called a camrecorder and youtube, or is MSM a finer example?
What ideals do you withold?

2-3 billion? The global population was barely in the hundreds of millions until the 19th century.

Atheist regimes led by Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot were responsible for the mass murder of up to 260 million people in the 20th century alone.
edit on 13-9-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit
Again, not really relevant to my point, but actually, the video points out that the catalyst for the Crusades was the the Seljuq Turks fighting and worrying the Byzantines TOTALLY UNRELATED to anything to do with Jerusalem, which yes, had been under muslim rule for 400 years prior.
There were a several incidents of violence by the Seljuq turks in Jerusalem, but they were almost all directed towards the inhabitants of the city (for example, slaughtering of 3000 mostly muslim rebels who had barricaded themselves in the Al-Aqsa mosque), and there is no real record of them specifically targeting pilgrims or non-muslims or non-muslim places of worship.

The last ruler to actually have specifically antagonistic attitudes towards pilgrims to Jerusalem (or even non-muslim inhabitants of Jerusalem) was Al-Hakim, who died in 1021, and anyhow, in his later life became much more tolerant of pilgrims and non-muslim inhabitants and structures in Jerusalem. While the fighting between the Seljuq Turks, the Fatimid rulers (the dynasty that Al-Hakim had been a part of) and Byzantines (much more important in terms of the genesis of the Crusades), was probably somewhat disruptive to pilgrims (although I'm not sure how much more it was than usual, considering that area had always had fighting going on), the capture of Jerusalem in 1073/1076 AD again, had little in terms of attacks on pilgrims or places of worship for non-muslims. Either way, the ruler responsible was rebelled against (that incident I mentioned with the 3000 inhabitants slaughtered), and then replaced, and then the Seljuq's weren't even in control of Jerusalem when the Crusaders attacked- In fact, they on (the rare, obviously) occasion provided support to the Crusaders on their journey to Jerusalem, because it was under Fatimid control at the time.

So yeah, although again, I don't see what it has to do with what I was talking about, the video most rightly glosses over any theory about the catalyst for the Crusades being Seljuq capture of Jerusalem (except to mention that the various atrocities mentioned by the pope in his speech were likely made up).

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'm so sick of this anti-Christian, pro-Muslim liberal BS propaganda lately. So I guess all you bleeding heart liberals would just be ok if ALL of EUROPE became primarily Islamic nations. ALTIGHTY! Well, that's where we would be without the crusades! But you dumbasses don't want to see THAT, anything to bash Christians though, right? It's all a "right-wing" people thing to you, all of those people SUCK "thing"
to you.

That's fine tho! Most Christians knew this would happen, and while you seeth in your hatred being pissed off at the wrong people, many Christians are preparing to get the Hell out of Dodge. This hate from you, does nothing but make me and other Chrtistians smile tho.
There is real dicernment of the true hate and evil happening in this world right now. Aww, so sorry this makes your hate grow even more. YOU have a problem!

All of you "super cool", all-knowing, Christian hating Liberal asshole people who want to constantly bitch about Christianity? Screw it, fine! You want over 2 billion muslims to rule your world? Great! Let's do it! Sharia law here we come! What a pile of complete politically driven biased nonsense you have created. Do you really not know the #storm you are creating here? But of course, you know how the old saying goes? You reap what you sow! We don't see Christians cutting peoples heads off in the name of Jesus these days, but we sure see a lot of that crap in the name of "Allah" from muslims, yet lefty libs LOVE to defend that crap.

Keep peaching your hate every day. It might make you popular, but it won't get you far!

Whatever though! Welcome to the apocalypse.
edit on 14-9-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Good Lord.
It is like people see a topic, barely even skim the contents, and then are driven into a seething rage to "yell at the haters" or DEFEND AGAINST THE EVILDOERS or something.

Pity I cannot edit my initial post anymore, hopefully people will read this one before posting.

For the benefit of future posters:
THIS THREAD ISN'T "BASHING CHRISTIANITY". THIS THREAD ISN'T "BASHING ISLAM".

THIS THREAD POSTED A VIDEO SERIES
(that so far very few seem to have even looked at or discussed) FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF "THE FIRST CRUSADE WAS SOME HEINOUS FILTH THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH CHRISTIANITY, NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM, NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION, AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE PEOPLE IN POWER TRYING TO EXPAND THAT POWER BY ABUSING THE SENTIMENTS OF THE COMMON PEOPLE"

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Quite the bigot aren't we.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

Except it had everything to do with religion, They were trying to expand their Caliphate, the caliphate is a tenant of Islam.....not that the Christian Crusaders continued response was completely acceptable, there were plenty of attrocities.....

but still, it had everything to do with religion

Again revisionist history.......
edit on 9/14/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
What are you talking about? Who was trying to "Expand the Caliphate"? What on earth does that even mean? "Caliphate is a tenant of Islam"? What on earth are you talking about? What does that sentence even mean? Do you even know what those words are? Or do you just see certain trigger words ("Crusader", "Muslim", etc) which send you into a rage where you start spouting "technical" muslimmy words?

At the time the first Crusade was declared, Jerusalem had been under muslim rule for 400+ years. Nobody was "expanding" it. The Seljuq Turks, who were fighting the Byzantines (who then went to the Pope for help, again totally unrelated to Jerusalem) while allowing the Abassid Caliphate to continue in a fairly ceremonial position after defeating them, they certainly weren't fighting to "expand the Caliphate", whatever that means. Quite the opposite.
edit on 14-9-2015 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join