It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a real living pterosaur or cgi?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Unreal. Truly. It's about an unidentified flying bird-type thing.

What does Jesus have to do with any of this???

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: MegaSpace
Definitely fake, CGI or drone. When it flips its neck to look down or behind it? Aerodynamically it should have started to drop or descend, but this was still hovering like something was holding it up. Fake

The thing is, we don't commonly observe the flight of a pterodactyl/pteranodon, so we don't know what it would look like in flight. It would be different from a bird because it does not have feathers.... So just because the flying motion seems strange, does not make it fake.

Aerodynamically speaking it's impossible for any creature while on flight to have its wings dipping downwards & its whole body facing down & still be hovering like the way that was. A little decent yes, just hovering impossible. Then there is gravity, this defied gravity.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
no matter what we dont know one thing we do know is flight and how any wing works no mater what it must function bye providing lift the so once the wing pointed down it should of fallowed unless it so happens to defy the laws of physics

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
decent CGI but not enough study of how wind resistance affects flight ie no noticeable vertical climb on the wings during downflap, no motion on center body, linear flight path, head motion falls into the uncanny valley(looks unnatural)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If these things were in fact fake, there wouldn't be so many credible eyewitness sightings...

In 1944, in (Papua) New Guinea, Duane Hodgkinson and his friend saw a "pterodactyl" with a wingspan similar to a Piper Tri-Pacer (29 feet).

Mr. Hodgkinson said that he did not see any feathers. As far as I recall, he did not declare that there could not have been any; but he was quite close to the "pterodactyl" when it was running to get airborne: perhaps less than 100 feet away, for the two men and the creature were in the same clearing and that jungle clearing was only about 100 feet across.

This is one of many many eyewitness testimonies of pterodactyles in Paupa New Guinea with one including a whole village witnessing a pterodactyl grab a man, fly him up to a tree and start eating him. (Bats and birds don't normally do that do they?) Society wants to come out of its era of ignorant skepticism brought on by too much brainwashing from tv. Go invest in an education please your weighing us down

Shortly after World War II, as Western missionaries began to penetrate the deep jungles and remote islands of Papua New Guinea, stories of a flying creature called the Ropen ("demon flyer") began to be reported. Duane Hodgkinson was stationed northwest of Lae, near Finschaven, PNG as part of the Army cavalry in 1944. About noon one day in August he was walking down a trail through a clearing in the forest when he was startled by a crashing in the brush. As he watched a large bird-like creature ponderously rose from the ground, circled and flew away.

Hodgkinson, a pilot, estimated the wing-span to be about 20 ft. He clearly recalls the dark-gray coloration, long serpentine neck, beak, and distinctive head crest. Described as a nocturnal creature, the Ropen possesses two leathery wings like a bat, a long tail with a flange on the end, a beak filled with teeth, and razor-sharp claws. An intriguing sea chart dated 1595 warns mariners to beware of a variety of "sea monsters." It depicts two flying creatures with a long necks, headcrests, ribbed wings and fantastical tails (split on the end like a flipper) flying above the islands of New Guinea. One is even shown as having dermal bumps.

Three men describe the pterodactyl-like creature of Umboi Island, Papua New Guinea. They saw the giant ropen (about 1994) flying over Lake Pung.

I interviewed these three young men when I was exploring Umboi Island (Papua New Guinea) in 2004. Seven boys had hiked up to the crater lake (Pung) in about 1994 and they ran home in terror after seeing the giant ropen fly over the lake. I later wrote a book about the ropen.

My expedition on Umboi Island (2004) was just a few weeks before the Guessman-Woetzel expedition. (the real David Woetzel who is an explorer and had nothing to do with a video from a so-called "1924 expedition") I interviewed these three young native men myself and verified Gideon's integrity by testing him with two almost identical drawings.

Japanese World War II Ship Shelled Pterosaur Caves

Three days ago, I received an email from R.K. (anonymous), of the Manus Island area of Papua New Guinea. (We starting communicating earlier this month.) The nocturnal flying creatures that he described to me–I believe they are ropens–were common and were dangerous to local fishermen previous to the early 1940’s, when their numbers declined. In these northern islands, the creature is called “kor.”

Here is part of R.K.’s account of the Japanese retaliation against the creatures that had attacked them:

”...it was the japs [Japanese miliary] on the island who were attacked by the kor. They [Japanese soldiers] apparently shot several wounding them then followed them to cves [caves] and blew [blew up] the entrances. They called ships fire on the hills and pounded them for several hours.”

www.phantomsandmonsters.com...

edit on 11-9-2015 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it..

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Anything to prove man walked with dinosaurs and the earth is 6000 years old eh?
Just to prove your religion right eh?
Are you ken ham?.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Aerodynamically speaking it's impossible for any creature while on flight to have its wings dipping downwards & its whole body facing down & still be hovering like the way that was. A little decent yes, just hovering impossible. Then there is gravity, this defied gravity.

Hmm, I think of its wings like a parachute.... It's wings only work in one direction, when it goes upside down (like a parachute would if it would abruptly go upside down) it momentarily has very little wind resistance, allowing it to look behind itself without much lag in its flight. It does drop down a bit when it does this maneuver, as you would expect with gravity.

They do not have feathers, so their aerodynamics would not be the same as birds.

This vid could be fake though, but, there are plenty of other pteranodon/pterodactyl sightings and photos that insists humans are/were around when these creatures were alive.
edit on 10-9-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Hmm, I think of its wings like a parachute.... It's wings only work in one direction, when it goes upside down (like a parachute would if it would abruptly go upside down) it momentarily has very little wind resistance, allowing it to look behind itself without much lag in its flight. It does drop down a bit when it does this maneuver, as you would expect with gravity.

Remember, they do not have feathers, so its aerodynamics will be foreign to us.

This vid could be fake though, but, there are plenty of other pteranodon/pterodactyl sightings and photos that insists humans are/were around when these creatures were alive.

Impossible, did you actually see the footage? If you carefully observe, you'll see the wings are facing strait down which is impossible for them to act as parachutes. Reality wise, that should have slowed down & drop even, it didnt but hovered which is impossible unless there was some string holding it up. Im a photographer & have a trained eye for details, im also technically minded know what im seeing.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
originally posted by: Murgatroid

Hey Murgatroid, I am from Papua New Guinea here, which makes me a believer, a lot reported cases of such strange flying creatures in the night among the natives here.

There are a lot of legends surrounding this strange flying creatures as well especially in Momase Region in PNG, not gonna go into details but from these areas the perspective is it's real.

Buy the way much of the thick jungles here in PNG is unexplored and new species are found every time some expeditions are done along our mountain ranges.

So yeah, I can't be be dismissing stuff like this without a proper analysis., and thanks for posting that.

Peace
edit on 11-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

They did have feathers they have found them in fossils.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Picollo30

i still think there's a possibility that a small number of these creatures survived in one way or the other, that's why we have cryptozoology and there are accounts of them surviving: Lock Ness Monster, Kongamato,Mokele Mbembe and of course we have the above mentioned coelacanth that is a pre historic creature that survived and with so many unexplored areas of our planet both in water and land who knows what we will find?

It'd be just excellent if small pockets of presumably extinct beasts existed over in Papua New Guinea or in the heart of lost rain forests. We have a decent enough chance of discovering sizeable critters in the oceans, but I don't think we'll find anything on land or in the air. The last great hope I had was that Adam Davies would find his Orang Pendek and bring back a photo or hair sample.

I can go along with people seeing critters that don't physically exist. Maybe like a version of a ghost sighting? It's too much to explain how these things could be biologically real. We have to get into habitats, sustainable resources for food and breeding populations etc. These guys cannot exist by themselves.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Impossible, did you actually see the footage? If you carefully observe, you'll see the wings are facing strait down which is impossible for them to act as parachutes. Reality wise, that should have slowed down & drop even, it didnt but hovered which is impossible unless there was some string holding it up. Im a photographer & have a trained eye for details, im also technically minded know what im seeing.

I meant During the manuever its wings would have no vertical lift from air resistance (as you put it, "wings facing strait down"). This is why It dips significantly during the maneuver. I see no hover, it dipped down during the maneuver, and lifted again once its wings were parallel to the ground again.

originally posted by: Kandinsky
It's too much to explain how these things could be biologically real. We have to get into habitats, sustainable resources for food and breeding populations etc. These guys cannot exist by themselves.

Look at the US' Northwest... very little human habitation... and lot's of potential niches for such creatures. Not to mention how isolated and huge Canada is. The Northwest American Continent, from the videos I've seen, are where a lot of these sightings are occurring.
edit on 11-9-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Ohhh thats right, I totally forgot you live there...

Are there any recent sightings you have heard about or do you think they might have died off?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I can not tell you about this video because I was not behind the camera.

I can tell you early 80's I saw something that I thought was a pterodactyl. I kept it to myself for a few weeks I didn't tell anyone. Finally one night I told my father. He told me in the early 50's he saw one. His father had seen it as well while they were hunting. I asked him about why it would be here , now in this time, when this book has says they were dead millions of years ago. It's not if, it should be here, but just be glad you saw it.

Years later I was on the porch and saw a Golden-Capped Fruit Bat thing had a wingspan of about 4+ foot. Then I thought back to the day of the dactyl. could it have possibly been a bat that I saw and thought it was this. Well no, because I know what I saw both times.

See Golden-Capped Fruit Bats don't live in North West NJ. They are in the Philippines, a world away from where I saw it.

Some old locals ( at the time ) swear there is a vortex that was a "hole in time and space" things go in and come out somewhere / sometime else. All connected up all over the world. All random, once you go in you can't go back. They used that excuse to explain a lot of things that were odd. Man dressed up in hide wearing a deer head running around the forest.
Everyone saw him and everyone ignored him. He kept the live stock form getting killed from wild animals. Sorta like a living scarecrow.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

If these things were in fact fake, there wouldn't be so many credible eyewitness sightings...

I my self am not disputing the possibility of them being still around, who knows anything is possible, im just saying the one in the clip is fake.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Ohhh thats right, I totally forgot you live there...

Are there any recent sightings you have heard about or do you think they might have died off?

They seem to be nocturnal, come out during night times only...I am based in Port Moresby city, so the guys who travel in from the bushes do tell of their tales it's alive and well here the stories sightings.

There was one incident sometime back were a guy got snatched by this thing, there are reports of survivors of this strange flying beasts, although I haven't come face to face with any of survivors yet.

There is just too many witness accounts here to dismiss this flying monsters.

I will update as soon as get some new info or stories..

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

They seem to be nocturnal, come out during night times only...I am based in Port Moresby city, so the guys who travel in from the bushes do tell of their tales it's alive and well here the storiessightings.

The was once incident sometime back were I guy got snatched by this thing, their are reports of survivors of this strange flying beasts, although I haven't come first to face with on survivor yet.

There is just too many witness accounts here to dismiss this flying monsters.

I will update as soon as get some new info or stories..

Peace

Time and time again I am confronted with the fact that truth is stranger than fiction. I really appreciate your input from an area where these sightings are common.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Holy crap! That CGI just looked at you!

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Common? If they are common why has no one caught one?. Or found a nest or eggs or a dead one?.
Madness it is thinking they are around today.
Show me physical evidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join