It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a real living pterosaur or cgi?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The wing flapping is way too stiff, look at that then look at a bird's wings

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
The wing flapping is way too stiff, look at that then look at a bird's wings

We have to remember with Pterosaur's their "arms" we're effectively attached to their wings whereas with modern day birds they aren't. Flight would be "heavier" in that respect.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
It looks very unnatural to me. I watched several videos on birds in flight to figure out what looked so wrong to me.

And this is why everything always seems wrong because we assume too much. We don't know if the Pterosaur was/is anything like modern day birds in flight. As I said above their arms / front talons were part of their wings unlike today's "birds".

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Stills from the movie Wargames (1986)

Hoax bin this...
edit on 9/11/2015 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MegaSpace
Definitely fake, CGI or drone. When it flips its neck to look down or behind it? Aerodynamically it should have started to drop or descend, but this was still hovering like something was holding it up. Fake

I'll assume by this you're an expert on and have been in the company of, Pterosaur's in the (very distant?) past?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Picollo30
a reply to: intrptr

see you have noticed it too, how the [SNIP] would a toy continue gliding and turn his head down and behind in mid flight? rc toys don't have that kind of mobility.

Not only but birds of prey turn their heads to look behind them too, without destroying their flight profile. At speed that "flip" could result in injury. They just tilt their head and cock an eye backwards or pull up and semi roll.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
www.youtube.com...

100% CGI. Here is the original video from O7TV on youtube. They make CGI vids

Case closed

There you go then. Good find HalfSwede 👍🏼

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: intrptr

More like Avatar CGI, imo.

Sneaky James Cameron… taking time out of his day to fake pterosaur sightings…

Okay, I almost sprayed coffee with that one. Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I do however find it absolutely amazing that anyone who may have seen any truth in this merely asked those who were dismissing it out of hand for further proof of their dismissals...

Whilst most of those who had literally no belief at all were offering nothing as to why this was other than to call those who opposed their view "idiots" or "cretinous" for believing...

If your mind is so closed to this realm of possibility (Cryptids) have you chosen purposely to come here with a closed mind to dig at those who think differently??
edit on 11-9-2015 by TheBatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo

They do make RC craft that look like Pelicans… I mean Pterodactyls, but this one looks too "animated".

As if you have seen a dinosaur fly in real life

Aerodynamics aside, Dinosuars are extinct.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Hoax bin? Ha ha, not that easy.

But don't Pterasaurs have tails?
edit on Ram91115v26201500000037 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

The article states the pics are from a real live Petrosaur, I proved they are stills from a movie.
That concludes its a HOAX

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

They do make RC craft that look like Pelicans… I mean Pterodactyls, but this one looks too "animated".

Indeed.
I would be more inclined to believe a video of a very large bat.
Why doesn't someone CGI something like that?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

You may be looking at wrong video/post as there is no relation between the movie and the video in the OP...

Video being discussed:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Yep, caught that, The flying is way too stiff to be natural, looks VERY mechanical

Looks like an Ornithopter

edit on 9/11/2015 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBatch

If your mind is so closed to this realm of possibility (Cryptids) have you chosen purposely to come here with a closed mind to dig at those who think differently??

Ask a woodsman or bushman about cryptids. Trackers aren't into fallacy or flights of fancy. If it exists in their neck of the wild, they know about it.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Exactly, far too many believe what they see on TV and are incapable of discerning what's real and whats not.

The people in Papua New Guinea appear to be far more intelligent than us 'civilized' folk...

In 1944, in (Papua) New Guinea, Duane Hodgkinson and his friend saw a "pterodactyl" with a wingspan similar to a Piper Tri-Pacer (29 feet).

This is one of many many eyewitness testimonies of pterodactyles in Paupa New Guinea with one including a whole village witnessing a pterodactyl grab a man, fly him up to a tree and start eating him. (Bats and birds don't normally do that do they?) Society wants to come out of its era of ignorant skepticism brought on by too much brainwashing from tv.

Three men describe the pterodactyl-like creature of Umboi Island, Papua New Guinea. They saw the giant ropen (about 1994) flying over Lake Pung.

I interviewed these three young men when I was exploring Umboi Island (Papua New Guinea) in 2004. Seven boys had hiked up to the crater lake (Pung) in about 1994 and they ran home in terror after seeing the giant ropen fly over the lake. I later wrote a book about the ropen.

My expedition on Umboi Island (2004) was just a few weeks before the Guessman-Woetzel expedition. (the real David Woetzel who is an explorer and had nothing to do with a video from a so-called "1924 expedition") I interviewed these three young native men myself and verified Gideon's integrity by testing him with two almost identical drawings.

edit on 11-9-2015 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it..

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

a reply to: TheBatch

Ask a woodsman or bushman about cryptids. Trackers aren't into fallacy or flights of fancy. If it exists in their neck of the wild, they know about it.

I've interviewed hunters and trackers in rural U.S who'll tell you tales that would make you rethink that very statement.

I've got family in Riner, VA who've seen things that'll make your hair stand on end. When I next speak to my uncle I'll get him to email over some of his photos 👍🏼

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

But what gets me all fowled up is that head dip.
Nope to early to tell. Let me watch it eightynine more times
and I'll render my decision.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Indeed.
I would be more inclined to believe a video of a very large bat.
Why doesn't someone CGI something like that?

They got fur and the head shape is different. Some birds heads are aerodynamic wedge, providing stabilizing trim during flight, like Pelicans. The rudder and stabilizer are out front…

Fossils of "Pterosaurs" speak bird to me. Except for the wings. Is it bird, bat, or terrible lizard? You decide…

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join