It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Again Is "Now" - The Time To Act Is Now

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: infolurker

Bull snip.
All of that is opinion and not based in reality.

Obama no more wants the Middle East’s Christian refugees than Roosevelt wanted Europe’s Jewish refugees.

Show some proof that, nothing has shown that to be fact.
Or does getting held to the same standards as other refugees some how imply that they are not being accepted?
The 10k that has been approved has to go through long vetting process, should christians not have to do that?
Crazy how the refugee watch site fails to mention the 18-24 month vetting process.

So your cool with it as long as they are being vetted by our government before they come into the country?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Why should I believe that form The Hill when they are spinning everything else?

Do we have denials of these people yet or are we all just assuming that they won't be accepted?

Shoot they released 16 of the 24 that you sourced earlier, doesn't that fly in the face of that reasoning?
They were escaping the same thing and were granted.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I am for all refugees getting to a place where they can be helped and them going through the same process as everyone else.

Don't think your choice of religion should change that.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I am for all refugees getting to a place where they can be helped and them going through the same process as everyone else.

You didn't answer my question!

Are you cool with it and feel safe as long as they are vetted by our government before the are allowed in? I added feel safe from the original question.

It's pretty simple. Yes or No!
edit on 10-9-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: brancolinoxx

Saudi Arabia, Gulf states take zero refugees

While Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan have been swamped with Syrian and Iraqi refugees fleeing ISIS and other jihadist groups, some of the most wealthy Middle East countries have been notably absent from the discussion of where Syrian Muslims should be welcomed.

The Saudis haven't offered to take any refugees, nor have they been publicly called upon by the U.N. and the resettlement agencies to do so. Ditto for Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain, even though these states offer geographic proximity and a common culture based on Islam and Shariah law.

Israel isn't taking any either even though Holocaust survivors have been calling for Israel to take them in.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

While Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan have been swamped with Syrian and Iraqi refugees fleeing ISIS and other jihadist groups, some of the most wealthy Middle East countries have been notably absent from the discussion of where Syrian Muslims should be welcomed.

The Saudis haven't offered to take any refugees, nor have they been publicly called upon by the U.N. and the resettlement agencies to do so. Ditto for Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain, even though these states offer geographic proximity and a common culture based on Islam and Shariah law.

Israel isn't taking any either even though Holocaust survivors have been calling for Israel to take them in.

Any links to prove holocaust survivors have been calling for that? I get around and haven't seen that one. Care to share?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

You didn't answer my question!

Are you cool with it and feel safe as long as they are vetted by our government before the are allowed in? I added feel safe from the original question.

It's pretty simple. Yes or No!

Well obviously you were smart enough not to answer because you realized I snared you!

So before I turn in for the night I will explain it to those who might not be onto you and I's game of gotcha!

Your statements prior was that you basically didn't have and issue because the government was going to vet them correct?

Yet you scream and moan at those of us who are mad as hell that our government has chosen to allow those people coming into our country illegally from our southern border as heartless bastards?

I don't see any of them being vetted! As a matter of fact? Anyone from any country in the world can come into our country thru our southern border UNVETTED and you defend them!

That is pure hypocrisy that you don't care if anyone comes in thru our southern border illegally but are okay with any refugees coming in as long as the government vets them!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Any links to prove holocaust survivors have been calling for that? I get around and haven't seen that one. Care to share?

Here you go.
Holocaust survivors demand Israel help refugees

"We've been refugees ourselves, because we in the '30s and '40s found all the gates closed in front of us," she said. "When you see the scene of what has happened at the train station in Budapest, you can't forget the trains that led the Jews to their deaths, and I think that if there is one thing that we have to learn -- or that many of us have learned from the Holocaust -- is the sanctity of human life." Politicians from different political parties, including Zionist Union's Isaac Herzog and Meretz's Zehava Galon, have called on Israel to take in refugees. But Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has rejected the call, warning that it would threaten Israel's security.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

How to Help Syrian Refugees

blog.acton.org...

Only a little over ten years ago in Iraq there were about one million and a half Christians. Now nobody knows exactly how many of them are left there. Various estimates are given from one to four hundred thousand. Most of the Iraqi Christian were either killed or had to leave their homeland. There are almost no Christians left in Libya, where there used to be about one hundred thousand. Tragic events took place for several years in Egypt. Now we can see what has been going in Syria for already several years, where the so-called opposition (actually uncontrolled bands of militants) with the support of Western countries have systematically wiped out the Christian population and the Christian heritage.

All this is taking place before the eyes of the civilized world. And only after videos of mass executions appeared in the Internet, the persecution against Christians began to be voiced at last in Europe and generally in the West. By that time however, dozens and hundreds of people had been already killed and millions had become roofless. And we can no longer wait and limit ourselves only to talks, for resolute actions are needed here and now.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Here you go.
Holocaust survivors demand Israel help refugees

"We've been refugees ourselves, because we in the '30s and '40s found all the gates closed in front of us," she said. "When you see the scene of what has happened at the train station in Budapest, you can't forget the trains that led the Jews to their deaths, and I think that if there is one thing that we have to learn -- or that many of us have learned from the Holocaust -- is the sanctity of human life." Politicians from different political parties, including Zionist Union's Isaac Herzog and Meretz's Zehava Galon, have called on Israel to take in refugees. But Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has rejected the call, warning that it would threaten Israel's security.

Star for providing the link! Appreciate it!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Ya I would be. Would you want people coming offer that weren't? Self proclaimed Christians included?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Well at least the Islamaphobic blog you linked was good enough linked to the RPC site.

I put searched 2011 - present and I come up with 55 Christians out of 1,619 or so refugees. Now you've already proven yourself wrong because Christians ARE in fact not being refused admission based on religion. So the next question is what is the priority designation of the refugees counted? You do realize that priority 1 designation (and some groups in the region for priority 2 designation) are not based on religious persecution.

In other words, Syria is about 87% Muslim (about 74% Sunni), how many of these Muslims were admitted BECAUSE of religious persecution? The number of refugees thus far is likely going to include a lot of people (and their families) who were specifically recommended for admission because they aided the US.

Your premise seems to be that the government is somehow excluding Christian refugees because... (really I don't know, I suppose because you believe Obama determines who gets in and you believes he's secretly a Muslim?) but expanding the search beyond the extremely small group that has been admitted from Syria, you'll see just how off base you are.

Expand the search to include some other countries with ISIS presence. I used the following criteria:

Nationality(s): Afghanistan, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Iraq - Saudi Arabia, Neutral Zone, Libya, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
Religion(s): Baptist, Catholic, Chaldean, Christian, Coptic, Evangelical Christian, Greek Orthodox, Jehovah Witness, Lutheran, Mennonite, Methodist, Moslem, Moslem Ismaici, Moslem Shiite, Moslem Suni, Orthodox, Pentecostalist, Protestant, Russian Orthodox, Seventh Day Adventist, Ukr Orthodox

To: 10 Sep 2015

(link to full sized image)

That's 5,609 Christians and 23,823 Muslims since January 1, 2015. Syria has the largest Christian population (estimated to be ~10%), all the rest have significantly less. Considering the system of prioritizing admissions, I'd say that Christians are actually WELL represented among refugees from the ME.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I get it, we need to drop everything and get all of them out and ASAP. Screw the other ones, they are just terrorist.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

aina.org...

Syndicated News
US State Department Says No to Iraqi Christians

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I get it, we need to drop everything and get all of them out and ASAP. Screw the other ones, they are just terrorist.

You are free to support whatever independent charity organization you wish to. Help however you wish.

Preferably not sit on your duff and do nothing

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Ya I would be. Would you want people coming offer that weren't? Self proclaimed Christians included?

I am talking about being vetted! Being a Christian never enters my mind because the world to me in my eyes as some one who doesn't believe in God period but as a person who believes in Religious Freedom for those who are religious, is what is important to me!

Christian, Wiccan, Islam, Buddhist? Doesn't matter! Hell, I forgot those who believe in Satan! Doesn't matter! They have the freedom in our country to practice and believe in whatever the hell they choose!

I am concerned with radicals getting into the country and as far as I can see you have a bitch with those who are Christians! You are obviously refusing to admit that those refugees we take in that our vetted (come here legally) yet you don't show the same concern for those who come here not vetted, (illegally) thru our southern border!

Doesn't make sense? You're either protecting your political party as someone who is a Christian would protect the belief in the God they worshipped or you are flatly refusing to show your flawed thought process!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

What is that supposed to prove? The Chaldeans are from a "Muslim Country" so his statement is ludicrous on its face. Another set of results for you to look at from the RPC here. That's all religions from Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Iran, 2011-present. The number of Christian refugees is a third of the total.

I wonder how many of those 300,000 refugees from Muslim countries he's referring to are Christians? Are people just supposed to read "Muslim Country" and assume that 300,000 Muslims were allowed into the country and 20 Chaldeans were denied entry because the US government hates Christians? Who would fall for that weak attempt at misleading via omission and conflation?

Please stop trying to promote the lie that Christians refugees are being denied admission based on their religion.

It's not true.

What you're really upset about is that Christians are having to go through the admissions process at all obviously.
edit on 2015-9-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Holy hell I said I want them vetted...
Do you read what I type because some times I wonder.

And never said I don't want illegals vetted either but that isn't what this is about, try ans stay on topic.
edit on thThu, 10 Sep 2015 19:54:07 -0500America/Chicago920150780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Took me all of 5 min to debunk that too. Had to shift through the right wing blogs to not get a spin.

It worries me that they are always on the front pages of Google searches.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Holy hell I said I want them vetted...
Do you read what I type because some times I wonder.

I know you said you want "them" vetted! Referring to the refugees! You might want to go back and read my posts! You don't give a damn about those coming thru our southern border being vetted but you do the refugees? I know I am hard to understand sometimes, but I think I am putting my thoughts in writing well enough for you to understand? Maybe you are just choosing not to understand?

Anyhow, I am off to bed! If you want to argue with me? It will have to wait until tomorrow.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join