It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Again Is "Now" - The Time To Act Is Now

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: infolurker

It shouldn't be about what religion they are save them all.

Agree,

Particular Charities actually doing something usually have a target group. I choose to donate to the one I know is actually doing something for people I know are targeted for death.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

to be fair anyone who doesn't agree with there warped views are targeted for death.
It just makes me so sad what humans can do to each other.
I just can't understand it, I couldn't harm anyone, but I sure would defend them.
I just feel so hopeless.
i wish I was 20 again and as fit as I was I would actually do something about it.
So tempted though to go over and fight em.
booze talking I know but...
Good on you making this thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

You're missing the point completely. These people aren't being detained because they're Christians. Ironically enough, they're being detained because that's the system we have in place thanks in large part to anti-immigrant right-wingers.

If the 20 being detained were political refugees from a banana republic in Latin America, how concerned would you be? Would you decry their detention and take to Internet forums to call for their release? What about the last "invasion" the right was in hysterics about? Did you support treating Guatemalans — many of whom were women and unaccompanied children — as refugees? People risking their lives crossing jungles and deserts to escape a country rife with violence; a country that endured nearly four decades of civil war following an intervention by the CIA to protect the interests of American corporations? Or did you say it was all part of the grand progressive scheme to recruit future voters? Does it make a difference that 87% of Guatemalans are Christian or should religion be disregarded when refugees aren't fleeing Muslims?

In a way you're acting not unlike Trump who thinks he can pick the "good ones" from among all those "criminals and rapists." Only in this case, it seems that you've decided the "good ones" are the ones who call themselves Christians and everyone else should be regarded as a potential enemy combatant.

In fact, how do you know these 20 aren't actually the the advance team of an ISIS insurgency; pretending to be Christians so they can stay in the US to plot and perpetrate acts of terror? I've seen you imply as much about refugees that you're assuming are Muslims. Do you know of a method to weed out ISIS insurgents masquerading as Christians that wouldn't be equally as effective for screening admittedly Muslim refugees?

I wonder how many people would welcome (presently) Muslim Syrians if they converted to Christianity?

I on the other hand think that we should take in more refugees. Call me an insane bleeding heart liberal but I believe that providing safe harbor for those in need is what a country that purports to be the greatest nation in history should do. I hear a lot of stupid blabbering about "American Exceptionalism" and a "return to greatness" but its almost without exception, a bunch of empty political rhetoric to appeal to the same folks who want to build walls on our borders. I'm not saying we shouldn't take precautions but instead of having that conversation, we're having this one.
edit on 2015-9-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: boymonkey74

It shouldn't be about what religion they are save them all.

Agree,

Particular Charities actually doing something usually have a target group. I choose to donate to the one I know is actually doing something for people I know are targeted for death.

Youve chosen to create a thread supporting one particular group, your particular group, when the truth is all the refugees need help regardless of which religion they follow as they've all been targeted for death....

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Historically speaking, Christians have caused more terror throughout the world in the last 2000 years than Muslims ever had.

I think I'll take my statistical chances with Muslim refugees over Christian.

Historically speaking we used to crap outdoors and use our feet to get everywhere. Does that mean we ignore current situations? Do we throw out the current day situation of indoor plumbing and automobiles when making decisions because historically we haven't used them?

I get your point but not sure basing decsions of recent events on historically is the best approach.

Don't get touchy because what I said was true. The truth still prevails even if we look at the last 200 years. If I have to play favorites with the lives of someone I don't know then statistically I will pick the one who has a history of persecuting their own kind (Suni vs. Shia) and not the one that has a very long history of persecuting people that don't believe the same as them.

The current situation is that most humans are too quick to act and not very good at thinking. The last 20 years should have taught you that. But I suppose we are still under the impression that 9/11 was a total Islamic plot. Or perhaps they magically had their hands in creating the USA police and surveillance state that we currently live in?

Were the Muslims also behind the continued destruction of the US financial system under the Reagan, Bush 1, and Clinton administrations that led to the 2008 financial crisis? (That of which still hasn't been fixed.)

Is it the Muslims that fervently support these a$$clowns when they wage war on drugs and poverty only to see both increase in America? Are the Muslims behind the "fear of blacks" in America to the point that statistics prove we have a racist and broke police/judicial system?

Maybe it's statistically time to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

Not touchy at all, pointing out historically and I tend to doubt they would support the @sshat Bush any more than the current one screwing up the home countries that some are fleeing with bombing.

And the piss poor financial decision at home really didn't have much to do with them being refugees in their countries. And drugs and poverty increasing in America has nothing to do with them being refugees.and........

You get the point, it seems that these people are one of many groups of people that politicians regardless of party screw on a daily basis regardless of d or r. But our internal financial, drug, and poverty issues aren't their fault, nor is their status ours. All that can be tossed out the window though because making decisions today with a current situation shouldn't be done based on trends,etc for the last 2000.

Example: would you be ok if we started seeing the swastika start popping up all over the place in public? Buildings, houses, places of worskip, etc? The actual symbol, no colors, just the plain old symbol? Use your own logic of historically and tell me why or why not.

edit on 11-9-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hi everyone... i am relying on mobile transmision ..would like to add much here but limited output. One questionn... how sure are we of the info we have about this issue?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Are we sure the Democrats are the ones not letting the refugees in? Do the Republicans want them?
edit on 11amFri, 11 Sep 2015 08:21:31 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
It could be about votes - Democrats like bringing in Hispanics because they tend to vote Democrat. Christians might tend to vote Republican

They (christians) might tend to vote that way, republicans being conservative and stuck in the past and all...
edit on 11-9-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So we have an immigration problem and now we are going to import hundreds of thousands of "refugees" . And how many of those are actually ISIS acting like refugees ? Get ready people , #s sabout to hit the fan EVERYWHERE.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: boymonkey74

The Government won't do it so "we the people" will.

Make your voice heard and help save lives.

Haven't you heard? we are opening our borders to terrorists!

Look to your left, then to your right. Both of those people are terrorists. But look again and you will see Christians.

Phew, that was a close call.

Now if the non extremists can file to the right...
edit on 11-9-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Hi seen you on the boards b4... thurisaz(nje) here.. remote technical issues atm. Doing the best with what we have left. It is a frustration trying to comumicate. Alarms going off again. Take care of yourselves. The war is active but not msn...

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mamoooozie
Oh...just to add... tptb can confirm my user name is on their files. @hotmail.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

You're missing the point completely. These people aren't being detained because they're Christians. Ironically enough, they're being detained because that's the system we have in place thanks in large part to anti-immigrant right-wingers.

If the 20 being detained were political refugees from a banana republic in Latin America, how concerned would you be? Would you decry their detention and take to Internet forums to call for their release? What about the last "invasion" the right was in hysterics about? Did you support treating Guatemalans — many of whom were women and unaccompanied children — as refugees? People risking their lives crossing jungles and deserts to escape a country rife with violence; a country that endured nearly four decades of civil war following an intervention by the CIA to protect the interests of American corporations? Or did you say it was all part of the grand progressive scheme to recruit future voters? Does it make a difference that 87% of Guatemalans are Christian or should religion be disregarded when refugees aren't fleeing Muslims?

In a way you're acting not unlike Trump who thinks he can pick the "good ones" from among all those "criminals and rapists." Only in this case, it seems that you've decided the "good ones" are the ones who call themselves Christians and everyone else should be regarded as a potential enemy combatant.

In fact, how do you know these 20 aren't actually the the advance team of an ISIS insurgency; pretending to be Christians so they can stay in the US to plot and perpetrate acts of terror? I've seen you imply as much about refugees that you're assuming are Muslims. Do you know of a method to weed out ISIS insurgents masquerading as Christians that wouldn't be equally as effective for screening admittedly Muslim refugees?

I wonder how many people would welcome (presently) Muslim Syrians if they converted to Christianity?

I on the other hand think that we should take in more refugees. Call me an insane bleeding heart liberal but I believe that providing safe harbor for those in need is what a country that purports to be the greatest nation in history should do. I hear a lot of stupid blabbering about "American Exceptionalism" and a "return to greatness" but its almost without exception, a bunch of empty political rhetoric to appeal to the same folks who want to build walls on our borders. I'm not saying we shouldn't take precautions but instead of having that conversation, we're having this one.

Being a bleeding heart and wanting to help is fine. You do it right. You have the infrastructure and services in place and allow numbers based on it. You don't pack them in come one come all. Not only do you make existing problems worse you exchange one external problem so you can feel better for 50 internal problems. You also pretty much nix any hope of successful integration and assimilation. You cause more harm than good in that manner.

It's not about helping, it's about the manner in which people want it that does more harm than good. It's a very selfish approach because your feelings trump negative issues from that approach.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: jheated5
There's more than enough room in Antarctica for these refugees.....

What we are not told in this crisis?

Egyptian Billionaire Offers To Buy Island For Refuges

Naguib Sawiris, one of the region's wealthiest men, said "there is no limit" on what he is willing to spend to buy an island from Italy or Greece -- where thousands have been arriving -- to provide the refugees with a new home.

"Greece or Italy, sell me an island," Sawiris tweeted. He even suggested a name for the new country: "Hope."

He said there are dozens of empty islands off of Greece and Italy that could handle 100,000 to 200,000 people. And he rejected a suggestion that it was a "ridiculous" idea.

"It's a very simple solution," he told CNN Friday. "They sell the island to me and I'll make a temporary shelter for these people. I'll make a small port or marina for the boats to land there. I'll employ the people to build their own homes, their schools, a hospital, a university, a hotel," he said.

Here is a man with enough money and offering to help and because it just doesn't fit into the Globalists plan? Crickets....

I don't understand his intention with Italy or Greece.

Plenty of land for sale in Northern African for cheap. Available yesterday.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

The real truth is the majority of the American population DOES NOT act when it comes to saving our own country and the OP wants me to give a flying flip about some Christians in Syria?

Other replies echo the bias inherent in the ridiculousness of this thread - that somehow a Christian life matters more than any actual refugee life. They don't. But it just shows out of touch with Jesus' message most Christians are.

I believe ProfessorChaos already pointed out the delusion reigning supreme within the minds of most (not all) Christians. Delusion is the only thing it can be when you are the largest religion in the world yet proclaim to be the most persecuted. Because the "persecution card" is exactly what was played by the OP for the call to action to save these people.

How about we save our fellow Americans first?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

I see you do not care (probably about anyone but yourself.. LOL) but others do.

What is your complaint? That Christians are trying to help Christians?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The real truth is the majority of the American population DOES NOT act when it comes to saving our own country and the OP wants me to give a flying flip about some Christians in Syria?

Other replies echo the bias inherent in the ridiculousness of this thread - that somehow a Christian life matters more than any actual refugee life. They don't. But it just shows out of touch with Jesus' message most Christians are.

I believe ProfessorChaos already pointed out the delusion reigning supreme within the minds of most (not all) Christians. Delusion is the only thing it can be when you are the largest religion in the world yet proclaim to be the most persecuted. Because the "persecution card" is exactly what was played by the OP for the call to action to save these people.

How about we save our fellow Americans first?

I agree about giving a flying flip about them and understand. But why should we give a flying flip about refugees of any status or religion or even poor Mexicans? It's not that you should give a flip. I understand why you don't. Too many don't give a flying flip him but say we need to help here and so on, you don't give a flying flip your entitled. Everyone needs to be across the board though and not pick and choose based on political and social ideologies

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I believe in saving Americans. I also believe in saving Christians from those who have them targeted for death. That is the very definition of what "asylum" is.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join