It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US & Israel Invade Syria to prevent 'Chemical Weapons Attack' as Russia Rushes to Aid Assad

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Sounds like a Daily Mail report.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
recent news that triggers speculation ....

France says tackle Syria to solve migrant crisis, promises strikes

Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thanks! That's the first new news I've seen in this thread!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
I'm very confused by this thread, and why it was even created.. It's presented as if this is today's news..

There's no doubt that the situation in Syria is on going and a potential powder keg ready to blow at any time. BUT, from the title (possibly?? we need a source to confirm what the title says), to every single video posted (even though the videos APPEAR to all have been uploaded today) happened over a YEAR ago. There is nothing remotely new in this thread whatsoever. Everything the OP is referring to, was back when the "chem attack" fiasco was going on, and Obama, Mcain and Kerry were pushing hard for an "attack". There were many threads on ATS about it. Here we are over a year from then and yup, still bombing.

I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I just don't understand the intent of the OP. Even the Glen Beck video posted later down the thread was from January of 2014. Click on it, then click on the original one to the right of the vid.

EDIT - Not SURE when the first video was taken/made. Obviously a news report, but WHEN? And the second part of it, where was that video taken, when? Do we have another source? Can you explain it OP? The other vids, are definately old.

It probably was a Kremlin package tossed together for dissemination.
Poorly constructed propaganda meant to sound like omg it is happening right now, when it is just stuff taken out of context over many years.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep
A bit demanding arent you, If it bothers you so much, why not do it yourself...lol

Its ok here are some links from google.....

edition.cnn.com...

Russia gets boots on the ground in Syria

www.nytimes.com...

US doesn't like the fact Russia has boots on the ground in Syria.

www.bbc.com...

Syrian civilians still under chemical attack, according to US.......

Seems the OP's vids were recent after all. Back to the topic please it has been derailed enough.

Sorry OP you were right.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Israel on the other hand is the wild card and if drawn in to war would pull the US into a much wider conflict.
We don't want to be fighting Russia, not in Syria and not in the Ukraine.

Israel should not be part of any overt coalition attack against Assad. They have been poking at Syria for years anyway, and much the same as the rest has since this civil war began, probably a proxy at Iran and also Hezbollah, maybe even the shi's from Iraq, come to think of it, it seems they are more like helping IS than anyone else.
Apart from that, where did this intelligence about chemical attacks come from, another curveball or what?... and despite the somewhat rabid OP, Obama has used the phrase, "WMD's"
So what about Iran here? it is using an airlift as the only feasible infrastructure to aid Assad, will they in fact be the first casualties if a no fly zone is imposed at some early stage?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: brancolinoxx

Why should anyone entering this thread "look it up for themselves". The OP made a claim with no sources whatsoever. Even two of the three of yours have nothing to do with the OP. But THANKS for the third link because at least it relates to the thread TITLE. Too bad it took 2 pages of nothing to get here.

edit on 10-9-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Iranian troops boots on ground with Russians in Syria...

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Isreal not happy with Russians and Iranians in Syria..

www.israeltoday.co.il...

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Israel states, Russians in Syria is a 'game changer'...

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Why should anyone entering this thread "look it up for themselves". The OP made a claim with no sources whatsoever. Even two of the three of yours have nothing to do with the OP. But THANKS for the third link because at least it relates to the thread TITLE. Too bad it took 2 pages of nothing to get here.

That was a reply to you telling me to put links up. Im not the op either, but you asked me to put up links,I just returned the request. And how are articles from the last few days about Syria not relevant to this thread discussing actions in Syria??? And now you are having a go at me?????? I tried to help you.
edit on 10-9-2015 by brancolinoxx because: (no reason given)

The thread was going nicely till you derailed it.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: brancolinoxx

www.ynetnews.com...

Iran has been involved in Syria for yonks, and not just a couple of guys sightseeing FFS.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Ok, you have a point, anything Syrian related is relevant, but the thread is about a joint U.S./Israeli invasion of Syria. I'm not saying it isn't going to happen, but we need something solid to go on. I appreciate the links you have posted because at least now we are discussing the current situation and not posting videos of early 2014. I'm not having a "go" at you, as you've been quite helpful. The OP on the other hand....

edit on 10-9-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Ok, you have a point, anything Syrian related is relevant, but the thread is about a joint U.S./Israeli invasion of Syria. I'm not saying it isn't going to happen, but we need something solid to go on. I appreciate the links you have posted because at least now we are discussing the current situation and not posting videos of early 2014. I'm not having a "go" at you, as you've been quite helpful. The OP on the other hand....

I have agreed that the title is misleading. Just posting last few days news reports.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: brancolinoxx

www.ynetnews.com...

Iran has been involved in Syria for yonks, and not just a couple of guys sightseeing FFS.

Tell that to the guy who wrote the report. FFS. Do you want me to go there myself and verify the reports I have posted?

Dont shoot the messenger.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Been years since I was on ATS, boy it has changed.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Poorly constructed propaganda meant to sound like omg it is happening right now, when it is just stuff taken out of context over many years.

Exactly. Pathetic. I have been to you-tube to look at these, and I could put together another jaw-dropping thread (amounting to a hoax) with old snippets and junk like this. What was the point? Stars and Flags? Playing with people's emotions?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

The intelligence on Chemical attacks is just the game being played. Exactly the same excuse as last year. I guess they are running out of excuses. US needs Syria bad. Their economy is about to fail in my opinion. The Chinese will see to that.

This is a proxy war, a very dangerous one. Closest we have come so far to WW3. Hopefully they will not let it escalate that far.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Exactly. Pathetic. I have been to you-tube to look at these, and I could put together another jaw-dropping thread (amounting to a hoax) with old snippets and junk like this. What was the point? Stars and Flags? Playing with people's emotions?

You dont think that the fact Russia and Iran have troops on the ground and the fact France are considering airstrikes (on that ground), and the US , Israel and the UK are all expressing their concern. The UK have been discussing it today in the House of Commons and intervention by the UK was one of the topics.

That doesn't concern you?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Assad is giving up the 'every single bit of its chemical weapons' that US insists it has,

to stop the ongoing military strikes.

But, the missile strikes continue to happen from trigger-happy US: as Obama continues to say: THE MILITARY THREAT IS SYRIA, we 'don't want to remove the pressure we have on them right now'.

US/Coalition continue to deny ongoing missile strikes on Syria.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join