It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Wants A 700 Percent Increase In Solar Power. Anyone Have $240 Billion?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Wind and the Sun will always be there so why are we not taking advantage of it?

They ain't there during snow storms,hurricanes, and tornados now are they?

Sure won't be there when Yellowstone finally blows up because the concussive force would blow them away.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The Clinton Crime Foundation likely has a solar company
already lined up for all the bennies.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's all about the laws of "physics" (economically "speaking").....

In physics, energy economics and ecological energetics, energy returned on energy invested (EROEI or ERoEI); or energy return on investment (EROI), is the ratio of the amount of usable energy acquired from a particular energy resource to the amount of energy expended to obtain that energy resource.[1][2]

When the EROEI of a resource is less than or equal to one, that energy source becomes an "energy sink", and can no longer be used as a primary source of energy.

Energy returned on energy invested

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's all about the laws of "physics" (economically "speaking")....

Sure is the physics of economics because them panels will be made in China using fossile fuel, and shipped here using fossil fuels, and put up using fossi fuels.

Which defeats the whole 'purpose' of 'saving the planet'.

But who cares right ?

We just got money to burn!

Literally ( hope they don't mind all the co2 emissions from it elsewhere)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

China burns loads of coal and oil to get all those rare earth minerals out of the mines.

Inside China's secret toxic unobtainium mine

it's the theory of "Relativity" at work

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

IT SURE IS!.

Basically the CLinton's and the Obama's outsource our pollution to other countries then pat themselves on the back for a job 'well done'.

Relativity at work!
edit on 7-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Would rather have that money spent on geothermal than solar tbh.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The wind is, and yes solar power will work fine with ambient light when there's cloud cover too...obviously not as efficiently as direct sunlight, but not nothing either - and that is why you have dual feed to and from the grid.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

IT SURE IS!.

Basically the CLinton's and the Obama's outsource our pollution to other countries then pat themselves on the back for a job 'well done'.

Relativity at work!

They call that "mitigated" Gall

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

E=mc^2

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

The wind is, and yes solar power will work fine with ambient light when there's cloud cover too...obviously not as efficiently as direct sunlight, but not nothing either - and that is why you have dual feed to and from the grid.

No the wind isn't.

Hell people go weeks without a 'breeze'. Pretty damn sure them 'awesome' solar panels don't work in places like Alaska where's there 6 months of darkness.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

No the wind isn't.

Hell people go weeks without a 'breeze'. Pretty damn sure them 'awesome' solar panels don't work in places like Alaska where's there 6 months of darkness.

Seriously, what is your point here? Just seems to lack any critical thought whatsoever. Your point was shown to be 100% false. You originally were stating high winds would render a wind tunnel useless. That's bogus. Now you're talking about no wind. Changing the goal post much?

He already stated the point is to supplement the energy grid, the power flows both ways. Systems are setup to take energy dynamically as is best. If you can run off green, you don't pull from the grid. If conditions are not able to supply needs, you're supplied by the grid. If your home is converting more energy than can be used, it's stored on premise for later and/or thrown back to the grid.

You don't have a friggin point here. It's just ignorance.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
What Good is Solar Power as a Dependable Energy Source when it Rains , or is Cloudy all day ? I just gotta Laugh at the Sun Worshipers who think Solar is the Future..............Helium 3 Powering Fusion Reactors in 10 Years once we Mine it in Space is a More Likely Alternative to waiting for the Sun to Come Out Fellas.....

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I'm all for it. Think we should have been mining the moon a decade ago and pushing R & D to get that fusion ready sooner. I guess the overall point is that conventional energy sources make less and less sense as the years roll on.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Yeah seriously the wind blows everyday!

When it clearly doesn't so WHAT is so false about it ?

Sun doesn't shine everyday either.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

.Helium 3 Powering Fusion Reactors in 10 Years once we Mine it in Space is a More Likely Alternative to waiting for the Sun to Come Out

Now that I would support.

I sure don't support 'alternative energy'. Because it has been around as long as man has called himself 'civilized'.

And it wasn't until coal, and OIL did civilization start PROGRESSING to the point we have.

With 7 BILLION mouths to feed, and cloth alternative is not even close to keeping pace with mankind.

Fusion energy would be.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
700 percent increase is a minor start. Should be in the thousands of percentages increase, the more the merrier, and the world has to keep upping solar energy intake everywhere, anywhere, and as fast as possible. There was news recently that solar energy panels can now be made transparent, which means they can be used as windows. viva la solar.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Two words: READING COMPREHENSION

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Omg guess what ?

I just went outside!

The wind wasn't blowing, The SUN wasn't out, but hey thank GOD there's a coal plant powering my house right now.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Solar Panels 'take 100 years" to pay back installation costs'

100 years x 700 percent increase.

Viability? 0 percent.

ETA: Benefit? Clinton Crime Foundation 100%.

edit on 7-9-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join