It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Things You Didnt Know About Israel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Thomas Crown, i am afraid we are way past "fair" when talking about the Isreal-Palestine issue, the proirity now has to be ending the violence, it doesn't matter who is right or wrong, while children are still dying daily, on both sides.
If you were a Palestinian, imprisoned in your home at times, maybe you would despise the extremists Islamists who have stirred up a lot of the trouble, but you would also despise the Isreali army who occupy your town, have killed your neighbors. Would you think the current situation was fair if you were this person?
The fact of the matter is the US isn't putting enough pressure on Isreal for a number of reasons, this is the problem, coupled with with the fact that every day the Isreali's occupy Gaza, Hamas gains more support, and every time a Hamas leader is killed, he becomes a hero and inspires young Palistinians to fight, because the young palestinians also see the dead baby laying in the road, who got in the way of the fighting.
Nothing is fair in this situation, but it is innocent jews and muslims who suffer and it needs to be stopped.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
if gore was president during the 9/11 he would of said "now mr.bin laden if you ever do that again we're gonna hit back" then he woulda used clinton's foreign policiy (once again public schools) and just lobbed a few cruise missles at them. im gald bush was president them and had the balls to act.

that has to be one of the most stupid posts i have ever read on any message board.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
"Andrews Air Force Base is a huge military installation just 10 miles from the Pentagon.

On 11 September Andrews had two squadrons of fighter jets with the job of protecting the skies over Washington D.C. They failed to do their job. Despite over one hour's advance warning of a terrorist attack in progress, not a single Andrews fighter took off (or scrambled) to protect the city.

The FAA, NORAD and the military have cooperative procedures by which fighter jets intercept commercial aircraft under emergency conditions. These procedures were not followed.

Air Force officials and others have tried to explain away the failures:

"Air Force Lt. Col. Vic Warzinski, another Pentagon spokesman, [said]: 'The Pentagon was simply not aware that this aircraft was coming our way, and I doubt prior to Tuesday's event, anyone would have expected anything like that here.'"
--'Newsday,' 23 September 2001 (1)

Using information from the mass media and official Websites, we will show that this is a lie."

emperors-clothes.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
though shalt not kill. ....hahahaha!!!
don't mix aspirin and coffee.

seriously, thou, how do you take "the commandments" out of context?

somebody else brought in the scriptures. i was just commenting.

i believe(know) we all have an intimate connection with all that is. some listen to this intuition. most have been trained(by "the handlers" or "controllers") to listen to their crotch(ego).
the handlers control the fulfillment of prophecy using this crotch rot. ego is the true enemy, ...the belief of people that they and their desires and fears, are more important than anything else.

...as the world burns

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
First things first, are you saying that mixing aspirin and coffee kills?

Hell, I should be way past dead by now!

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peace

if gore was president during the 9/11 he would of said "now mr.bin laden if you ever do that again we're gonna hit back" then he woulda used clinton's foreign policiy (once again public schools) and just lobbed a few cruise missles at them. im gald bush was president them and had the balls to act.

that has to be one of the most stupid posts i have ever read on any message board.

The post may not be written to your tastes, but probably speaks to a relative truth.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The Jews have been slaughtered since many centuries. Pogrom is Eastern Europe and Russia and the Holocaust, there is 50 years ago now.

The Jews are the peoples who have been the most killed, slaughtered, tortured..etc...on Earth. No others peoples have suffered what they suffered since many centuries and millenium.

I know the Greeks (400k ) have been slaughtered by the Turkish in the beginning of the 20th, as the Kurdes (up to 1 million ), also the Cambodians under Pol Pot. But what happened to these peoples ( Kurdes, Greeks, Cambodians ) can be seen as an " accident of the history ". For the Jews and the Israelites, it's different. Since the Pharaos era, they have benn ALLWAYS enslaved, tortured, slaughtered and so on by many civilisations,nations,peoples,religions, governments....

They finally learned their history lesson and they know that they have to defend themselves, by any means if necessary.

They have all my sympathy and support !!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
The Jews have been slaughtered since many centuries. Pogrom is Eastern Europe and Russia and the Holocaust, there is 50 years ago now.

The Jews are the peoples who have been the most killed, slaughtered, tortured..etc...on Earth. No others peoples have suffered what they suffered since many centuries and millenium.

I know the Greeks (400k ) have been slaughtered by the Turkish in the beginning of the 20th, as the Kurdes (up to 1 million ), also the Cambodians under Pol Pot. But what happened to these peoples ( Kurdes, Greeks, Cambodians ) can be seen as an " accident of the history ". For the Jews and the Israelites, it's different. Since the Pharaos era, they have benn ALLWAYS enslaved, tortured, slaughtered and so on by many civilisations,nations,peoples,religions, governments....

They finally learned their history lesson and they know that they have to defend themselves, by any means if necessary.

Up u just show ignorance in that post!!!!!!!
U followed them like they want, they are victimists, but in general they did a lot of damage to society (and i don�t mean it by ALL OF THEM, but the ones with power, because people of the base of the piramid is never responsable..., so i don�t mean every single jew, but the ones on the top and the ones controlling the rest of the jews, they have been animals, if u support animal, what are you? (i do not try to offend you but your post about give all the sympathy and support just made me see that u really can�t be talking serious, and i u are, u have lost a lot of points by my side, (i know u don�t give a damn, but for the future...)

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic

Originally posted by Peace

The post may not be written to your tastes, but probably speaks to a relative truth.

I happen to know that AL Gore was a decorated army officer, Bush spent Vietnam in the Texas Air Force, getting a gambling and drinking habit, i wonder who would have acted more proffesionally on 9/11?

YOU MUST HAVE MISSED THIS SO HERE IT IS, YOU WON'T MISS IT THIS TIME.

""Andrews Air Force Base is a huge military installation just 10 miles from the Pentagon.

On 11 September Andrews had two squadrons of fighter jets with the job of protecting the skies over Washington D.C. They failed to do their job. Despite over one hour's advance warning of a terrorist attack in progress, not a single Andrews fighter took off (or scrambled) to protect the city.

The FAA, NORAD and the military have cooperative procedures by which fighter jets intercept commercial aircraft under emergency conditions. These procedures were not followed.

Air Force officials and others have tried to explain away the failures:

"Air Force Lt. Col. Vic Warzinski, another Pentagon spokesman, [said]: 'The Pentagon was simply not aware that this aircraft was coming our way, and I doubt prior to Tuesday's event, anyone would have expected anything like that here.'"
--'Newsday,' 23 September 2001 (1)

Using information from the mass media and official Websites, we will show that this is a lie."

emperors-clothes.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Peace, that is one of the stupidest posts! Yours, not the other!!

Was algore an officer? Then he was decorated. If an officer makes it through a duty station without screwing up they automatically qualify for an MSM! As far as algore's tour in Vietnam, it is known and laughed at by all who were there and actually saw combat. You don't "happen to know" enough!!

As far as either man's career goes, to speak glowingly of it is to try and turn a mule into a thoroughbred!

Give it up!!

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoLD aNGeR

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Up u just show ignorance in that post!!!!!!!
U followed them like they want, they are victimists, but in general they did a lot of damage to society (and i don�t mean it by ALL OF THEM, but the ones with power, because people of the base of the piramid is never responsable..., so i don�t mean every single jew, but the ones on the top and the ones controlling the rest of the jews, they have been animals, if u support animal, what are you? (i do not try to offend you but your post about give all the sympathy and support just made me see that u really can�t be talking serious, and i u are, u have lost a lot of points by my side, (i know u don�t give a damn, but for the future...)

You'd better listen to him, U-P, if there's one thing this guy knows its ignorance!

He's especially good at totally ignoring history. Absolutely cracks me up how people would rather go with their bigotry and myths than with historical facts.

Oh well. If this particular topic was anything less than muddied the solution would already be in place.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   

You'd better listen to him, U-P, if there's one thing this guy knows its ignorance!

He's especially good at totally ignoring history. Absolutely cracks me up how people would rather go with their bigotry and myths than with historical facts.

Oh well. If this particular topic was anything less than muddied the solution would already be in place.

Well Tc as i wrote in other thread about the history of the jews, how more than half of countries in europe ban them because of several reasons, and the sionists is another one.
But defend criminals like hamas, or the jewish goverment doesn�t help. Every single african suffers more than any jew before, but they suffer everyday, just to get some food and water, or asian even in south america there is a lot of troubles, but no, let�s help the rich, the one that ones half of the companies of the world and controls more and more...
And they are victims?
They only victims are the innocents being killed, the rest for me is just useless, and there is more victims from jews, that jew victims....

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You know, every god damn time this comes up on these boards this gets nastier and nastier. First off, what is with all of you and "the jewish government, the jewish government blah blah". In all of your intellectual studies did it ever come to your attention that some jews live outside of israel? But that's besides the point.

Secondly, no one seemed to notice last week how the TERRORIST that got injured said he won't rest until all jews are out of the land. You see the problem here is you are all to disillusioned to notice something. To the palestinians (and their liberal lovers) this is all about religion and nothing else. The israelis don't target "muslims", the target extremist terrorists who's views violate all muslim fundamentals anyways. The terrorists however don't give a shit where a jew lives. They target JEWS.
I don't care for the government of israel at all. Hastily formed "unity governments" will never do anything useful anyways, but let me say this. I am at least smart enough not to profess to know anything about what it's like to live in a place that's a constant war zone. You self appointed scholars seem to think something entitles you to claim that knowledge. A pity it makes you look like a bigger fool to pretend.
Every time this topic comes up the people who are anti israel immediately start with the anti semitic snide remarks and then steadfastly deny any such feelings. Guess what, people can read. You have no argument to defend worthless terrorists who blow up pizza stores, diners and dance clubs so you delve into a deep criticism of the bible. To the people who feel the need to criticize the beliefs of others I can't express my pity for you adequately. You are obviously a group of people who hates religion for some reason (which is ok), but you feel the need to mock anyone else who believes in it. "Fairy tales" "myths", you know what, that's important to some people including both sides of this mideast struggle. If you went to a religious muslim country and called mohammad a fairy tale mythical creature you'd probably get your tounge cut out.

I won't debate facts with you because you're not interested in that. You clearly demonstrate a hatred for Israel and Jews collectively. You clearly have joined in the small group of shit heads who still hop onto the blood libel bandwagon and say the jews think they control the world. What's next guys? Jews cooking Purim holiday dishes with the blood of christian babies right? The hook nosed jew with horns controlling all the money and forcing the poor illiterate american president into support israel?
David's list of points wasn't totally correct, but the way you people flamed him was inexcusable. As if all the mindless shit you say is ALWAYS correct. If you disagreed with his statement you should have pointed out your correction in a civilized manner. Instead it became evil jew this evil jew that.
Illmatic, are you part of the group I used to always see in Times Square dressed in ancient clothes carring fake swords and claiming to be the real Jews? The same group that used to harass white people and shouting that all the white people on the block should bow and lick their shoes to repay for slavery? That's the group you're talking about? The one who recently embraced a cokehead never talented rapper and his crack smoking formerly talented singing wife? Oh ok. You have lots of credibility.
You know, i'm criticizing a lot of people here, included the "revered" members of distinction so I'm bound to piss some people off, and maybe get banned, who knows. But I'm not sitting by and letting this truckload of shit parade by me anymore. Like I said before people can agree and disagree with Israel, but I'm sick and tired of everything going into personal anti religious views. Enough is enough already.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 06:01 AM
link   
i'm hardly on Al Gore's dic*, i think he's a fool, the point is that Bush is a draft dodger, how can you be happy with him at the helm in a crisis, he chose to carry on reading stories to children when he should have been attempting to prevent the terrorist attacks. The man should be held responsible for his actions, he is lying to the American people and the world about the events of that day and is desperate we never find out the truth.

"Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories concerning the attacks of September the 11th; malicious lies that attempt to shift the blame away from the terrorists, themselves, away from the guilty."

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
TC, you forget your own ignorance, both sides are wrong, the problems goes very far beyond we were even born, so how do you think you can know who's to blame ?

Do you think that the germans can claim the land they had before WWI ? Do you think your government would stand up and walk away if a group of Native Americans (Indians who are mostly putted in reservations) claim their country back ? Do you think whites in South Africa will leave and give back the land to the blacks there ?

Do you think Australians will pack their ships and move if the aboriginals claim their country back ? No I don't think so, so please tell me why Israel has the right to do what it's doing ? But I do understand why you protect them, even if they've showed you how they kill innocent peoples for example by killing an American peace activist because she wanted to prevent a palestinian house to be destroyed for Jewish settlers.. too bad you don't watch BBC world, do you ? There was a very interesting discussion with a settler.... even they admit their bad behavior I don't understand how come peoples who have nothing to do with the whole situation think they know what's going on there....

Sorry for this post too.. but it had to be said.. I know I can be wrong, but convince me then will ya ?

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   
TigriS, if you want to take land away from one, take it away from all. Take all the land away from the Arab states that were also made from Britain's drawing board.

No, you want to take away from Israel because you've been brainwashed since you were born.

Do you know when the "Palestinians" started calling themselves by that name? Not that long ago.
Do you know the real names of the land the "Palestinians" started calling the "West Bank"? How was that land taken from the Jews?
Around the same time the "Palestinians started calling themselves that, the King of Jordan made a proclomation about his country, about what it was and always would be. Do you know it?

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Thomas, i will say it again since many people ignored my other poist on the subject.

The palestinians were there long before the Hebrews, they simply werent called Palestinians. And yes, the State of Palestine has existed in the past as a terrirotry, Palestine is thew Roman version of Philistine. According to the bible, the Hebrews basically butchered the hell out of the Caananites to get that useless chunk of rock they continue to fight over.

6 million Jews got exterminated. Are they the only people in history to get poicked on and killed? No. Thus, just because of Nazi Germany, doesnt justify them moving in and kicking the crap out of anyone not Jewish. If thats the case, then I vote we kick all the Christians out of Europe, since they exterminated and persecuted the Pagans for huindreds of years. Only then will I say let Israel do what it likes.

'Thomas, israel hasnt been a country for over 2500 years. They lived there long ago, so? What would you do if someone knocked on your door, clubbed the hell out of you, kicked you out of your house, because they lived there 30 years ago, and now they want it back? Sorry, vacancy means open market. It aint thiers anymore. If they cant simply move in and live nicely with the people who already live there, then they obviously do not deserve a homeland. At least, they sure as hell dont deserve the billions America pouyrs into them

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Thomas, i will say it again since many people ignored my other poist on the subject.

The palestinians were there long before the Hebrews, they simply werent called Palestinians. And yes, the State of Palestine has existed in the past as a terrirotry, Palestine is thew Roman version of Philistine. According to the bible, the Hebrews basically butchered the hell out of the Caananites to get that useless chunk of rock they continue to fight over.

6 million Jews got exterminated. Are they the only people in history to get poicked on and killed? No. Thus, just because of Nazi Germany, doesnt justify them moving in and kicking the crap out of anyone not Jewish. If thats the case, then I vote we kick all the Christians out of Europe, since they exterminated and persecuted the Pagans for huindreds of years. Only then will I say let Israel do what it likes.

'Thomas, israel hasnt been a country for over 2500 years. They lived there long ago, so? What would you do if someone knocked on your door, clubbed the hell out of you, kicked you out of your house, because they lived there 30 years ago, and now they want it back? Sorry, vacancy means open market. It aint thiers anymore. If they cant simply move in and live nicely with the people who already live there, then they obviously do not deserve a homeland. At least, they sure as hell dont deserve the billions America pouyrs into them

I read your post, Skadi, I read it thoroughly.

You have a few problems with the historical facts.
The Phillistines to whom you refer were an Aegean people who, in the 12th century BC settled along the coastal plain of what is now Israel and the Gaza Strip. In the second century, AD, after crushing a Jewish revolt, the Romans applied the name Palaestina to Judia (the Southern part of what the Arabs recently renamed the West Bank) in an attempt to minimize the Jewish indentification with the land of Israel.

As far as the rest of your argument, may I suggest that we go and take Iraq and Iran, not to mention Jordan and Kuwait, declare that we will achieve peace when all the inhabitants thereof are dead, and take the oil for our own good? These nations are not nations of hundreds of years of history, either. As a matter of fact, Israel has something they can claim that the others cannot, she has existed before.

As far as Judea and Samaria, which the Arabs renamed the West Bank after they went to war to take away from Israel (actually, they went to war with Israel to destroy her but were unsucessful), the Israelis rettok that land, which was historically her land and legally her land from the days of the Balfour Declaration.

Furthermore, the "Palestinians" who lived in Israel before the attack were not mistreated by the Israelis, but they left their homes to fight along with the Arabs after the Arabs told them that they could have it all after the Jews were exterminated. They, Skadi, left on their own accord, not forced out.

Your take on law and history is seriously flawed, Skadi, and your understanding of who is and is not playing nicely in the middle east needs to be fine-tuned. Considering who rightfully owns what, who is targeting civilians and who is trying to not kill civilians, I'd say that Israel is playing alot nicer than most would.

If you are really worried about the "Palestinians" try starting a petition seeking the Arab nations to take in the refugees that they have intentionally refused to assimilate, using them as fodder in their war against the Jews.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thomas, your historical facts are wrong.

If you want to talk about how the oldest party of the two should have Israel, then it's the Arabs.

The Jews arent even the true Hebrews who settled into the land 3,000 years ago. They're Russian and Greek converts.

So, the Arabs have rights to Israel, not the fake Jews.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
TC,

Perhaps you should review some hsitory. Iraq was once Babylon, before that, Sumeria. Iran was once Persia. So yes, they DO have jistories longer than Israel's. Assyria and Jordan are both Mentioned in the Bible as well.

As far as playing fair, lets look at the Israeli's. I wouldnt call bulldozing entire villages, kicking out civilians from their homes and sending them into cruddy camps playing nice. The Palestinians have no nation of thier own, thus, have really nothing left to do but use terror tactics. Gunning down or beating the crap out of little kids for chucking rocks at IDF soldiers is not being very nice. Oh, lets not forget the littled hippie peacenik protester wailing on her megephone at the Israeli bulldozer right before it plowed her over. israel doesnt care who you are. Thast the nature of Zionism. Anyone who directly opposes it dies or suffers in some other way.

Killing all the Arabs is exactly what Israel would like. No more enemies, the whole middle east thiers. And, as has been mentioned, the jews there today arent even the ones of the bible. They are simply konverted Khaazars, a Turkic people who converted to Judiesm about 8th century A.D. They have as much tie to Israel historically as you do to Mars.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join