It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Things You Didnt Know About Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Maybe you know a couple.
I decided after a while of thinking that it would be good to post these here as alot of people are very anti-israel so i thought i could give you a little wakeup. Enjoy.

1. Nationhood and Jerusalem. Israel became a nation in 1312 B.C, 2,000 years before the rise of Islam.
2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 B.C., the Jews have had dominion over the land for 1,000 years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.
4. The only Arab dominion since the Muslim conquest in 635 A.D. lasted no more than 22 years.
5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.
6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Qur'an (Koran).
7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem.
8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.
9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.
10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.
11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be about the same.
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, the Arabs are the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own
peoples' lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no larger than the state of New Jersey.
13. The Arab - Israeli Conflict: The Arabs are represented by eight separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended herself each time and won.
14. The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land, autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them with weapons. [See Fatah Charter/Constitution.]
15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.
16. The United Nations (U.N.) Record on Israel and the Arabs: Of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.
17. Of the 690 U.N. General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against Israel.
18. The U.N. was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.
19. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.
20. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews from visiting their holy sites at the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.

Personally i like number 7.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
All good points, but, uh, well, no buts about it.

Also, isn't weird that there was no palestinian when Egypt and Jordan controlled the land of Isreal? Then U.N. made Isreal jewish place and then the Palestinians showed up.

Also, a Islam blows up six jewish civilians, we wag our finger and say bed terrorist. Jews kill three terrorists, one being a leader, but injure one Islam civilian, Isreal if you ever do that again we will let them attack you and invade you and kill you, of course, they will probably lose again, like always.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Pretty cool stuff you got there, interesting. I don't understand why more people don't see this and do something about it, instead of pointless back-and-forth killing.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Thank you David. Your topic is a must.

I can't wait to see what the anti-Israel will say.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Personally I do not see how any of this is relevent.

If I remember Mussolini once tried to recreate a new Roman empire in the med.

By the same logic every race might hope to regain it's past glories.

Some of your points David are just lies.Point 8 being the most obvious.You are using language to deceive.It is quite sickening really and a true reflection on how some are willing to rewrite history and reinterpret it to justify the illegal expansion of Israel.
Draw your same conclusion with the British,Greek,Roman,Egyptian,Persian and spanish civilisations.

Think just what a mad world if every race wanted to reclaim land they had not occupied for 1 thousand years.

You are using lies and selective facts to justify Zionist ambitions.
You are therefore an apologist for the Human rights abuses committed on a daily basis.

What no mention of the 90 Britons killed by Zionist terrorists before Israel was founded.

No mention that Israels first Prime Minister was a Terrorist.

No mention that the first suicide attacker was Samson pulling down a temple.

These selective "facts" prove nothing.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Good points David, but I'm sure we'll here them all called lies a refuted...or maybe they will just attack you personally as usual. I mean why argue points like these when all they have to do is character assasination? Anyways, thanks for posting this. Mind if I make a copy?

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Astrocreep,

I was specifically pointing out that Muslims do not pray with their backs to Jerusalem.
I think this was a deliberate lie.Certainly the best that can be said of it is it is extremely misleading.

Or you think it is the truth??

Then you will believe everything.
I am not attacking David personally but I am attacking the piece he has written for being misleading and selective.
If anyone thinks that after reading the piece they are better imformed about the conflict in the middle east then they are mistaken.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
My comments were directed to David.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Then you should of sent him a U2U.

If you post on the open forum your comments are addressed to the board.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I am aware of this fact. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Muslims pray towards Mecca, which is as sacred a place to them as Jerusalem is to the Jews. The way you put it, David, seems like a suggestion that Muslims show their disrespect for Jews by turning their backs to Jerusalem, which is clearly not the case.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Oh, and the UN has sttod by and watched while thousands of Palestinians have been murdered by Israelis, largely due to the US using it's veto to block any resolutions which are not in the interests of Israel

www.us-israel.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ok John bull 1. Dave did a mistake on the point 8.

So what ? It doesn't proof all the others points are not relevent.

Who's 100% perfect ?

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
For my money though...

I tend to be on the side that doesn't reward the families of bomb-toting madmen who like to blow up innocent women and children as they go about their daily lives, but that's just me...

Oh I know...the Isrealis have killed innocents too, but is someone who lets a terrorist hide out in the back, or stockpile weapons in their shed really innocent? Not in my eyes...

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
bulldozer-4-the-win!

www.cnn.com...

Personally I don't take either side, but I can see the faults of both.
Two wrongs don't equal a right.

[Edited on 10-6-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I am sure the survivors and the family members of the dead haven't forgotten.

"Attack one American and you attack all Americans" was once proclaimed by President Clinton. More recently, an Assistant Secretary for State proclaimed that the U. S. government always protects its citizens. These are damned lies and meaningless words. These words were not true in 1967 (when Israel deliberately attacked the USS LIBERTY,) and unfortunately, and in spite of these beautiful words, they are not even true today. Moreover, there is no such thing as justice. On that June day in 1967, the weather was beautiful... Clear and sunny, visibility unlimited... the LIBERTY, an elaborate state-of-the art intelligence gathering platform, was in international waters off the Gaza strip and was flying the Stars and Stripes. Israeli reconnaissance planes flew overhead for hours. Pilots and ship's crew waved to each other. Then, inexplicably, unmarked Israeli aircraft began attacking the ship.

home.cfl.rr.com...

During the Six Day War between Israel and the Arab States, the American intelligence ship
USS Liberty was attacked for 75 minutes in international waters by Israeli aircraft and
motor torpedo boats. Thirty-four men died and 172 were wounded.

ussliberty.org...

[Edited on 10-6-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
Ok John bull 1. Dave did a mistake on the point 8.

So what ? It doesn't proof all the others points are not relevent.

Who's 100% perfect ?

Point 8 was not a mistake.It was deliberately misleading.If someone posts a topic which contain imformation which would take me a few hours to confirm and within it is an obvious manipulation of the truth.What am I supposed to think?Am I going to spent a few hours checking it all?No,David obviously has an agenda on this issue.I shouldn't have to check through posts looking for lies.
It is not my fault if I am forced to disregard the entire post.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
JB1, how do you know it wasn't an accident? Did you dig into his brain and poke around in it?

Also, depends on where you are. It is like this.

Example. You pray to St. Louis. Your enemies pray to chicago. If on west or east coast, you would be facing towards both when praying. But if inbetween, you would have to turn your back on one is you pray to the other. So Point 8 could be true, if where they are standing is like the example above.

One question, why pray to a city?

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
David is no fool he knows how to use language.He is even dismissive of those that do not.

If it was a mistake then he has copied it from another site.In that case he should give us a link.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
They're not praying "to" a city. They "face" the direction of the city, because this city houses the holy shrine of the Kabah, a site of pilgramage to all of the faith. Given the location of Mecca and Jerusalem, only a micro percentage of arabs would ever have the backs to Jerusalem when facing Mecca to pray. (those living on the east coast of Saudi Arabia, north of Mecca.) Therefore, the point, is false...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join