It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Things You Didnt Know About Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
Hmm...things most people don't know about Israel

USS Liberty incident anyone?

Yes, Isarel bombed it on purpose. Did you know they used 2 A-4 Skyhawk for this job ? Who sold them these A-4 ? Moscow or Washington ?

But what do you want to do ? Starting a war against them ? A trial ? Sinking an Israel Navy Boat ?

You try to judge a whole nation on a stupid act.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yes, Isarel bombed it on purpose. Did you know they used 2 A-4 Skyhawk for this job ? Who sold them these A-4 ? Moscow or Washington ?

But what do you want to do ? Starting a war against them ? A trial ? Sinking an Israel Navy Boat ?

You try to judge a whole nation on a stupid act.

Who was flying the planes, and who gave the order to kill? Also, who tried to frame the attack on Egypt? The answer, Israel. Are you trying to suggest that killing americans is merely a "stupid act", that it was perfectly fine to let them get away with it and on top of that, become their ally? No, if this had happened post-9/11, Israel would be labelled as terrorists & we'd be sending our troops over there to root out the next "axis of evil".

Don't ask me though, I'm just another guy with an opinion (and we all know that means nothing). Ask Ariel Sharon, aka the "Butcher of Beirut":

"Is the past finally catching up with Ariel Sharon, better known as the "Butcher of Beirut"? A case was lodged in a Brussels court on June 18 by survivors of the massacre at Sabra and Shatila refugee-camps (1982), accusing the Israeli prime minister of genocide and crimes against humanity."

Link: www.muslimedia.com...

There is nothing wrong with Israel having a state of its own, but there is definitely something wrong with state-sponsored terrorism. Sharon needs to go.

What do we need to do with Israel? I think we should send in weapons inspectors, because I wouldn't be surprised if they have WMDs.

[Edited on 9-6-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I`d just like to ask some questions to the person person who posted this thread.

Did you come up with this list of your own volition or is it something you simply copied and pasted from another site?

Did you bother to really check the veracity of all twenty points?

Are you familiar with the past and present aims of Mossad?

I am not a sympathiser with either side in a situation like this but the points that have been listed are very much revisonist in structure. Its a shame that history is written by those with the upper hand but in six thousand years time when they are trying to work out what happened in *ancient times* I doubt history will be forgiving of the israelis.

Twenty carefully and selectively points but they are lacking in scope and fact to really be relevant.

hitlers germany and bushes america know this trick well its called propanganda.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   

8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.

No they don't, they face Mecca. Which geographically means that many Arabs have their backs to Jerusalem, but Indonesians practically face both.

Your twisting of the truth leads me to believe you have sprinkled a little "faction" in this post. Bad move if you want to be believed.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
There are 346756127 people in this world who make up numbers to suit themselves, and 87.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot...

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hmm...things most people don't know about Israel

USS Liberty incident anyone?

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Maybe you should read the whole story, its quite well known that there was american air support from a carrier group minutes away...the planes were denied take off as to appease the israeli's back home.Down some IDF Fighters and the israeli lobbyists in washington would have declared hunting season on the president.

Besides, since when was the US allowed to spy on the affairs of others legally and whine when they get caught?

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The Jews were driven out of Israel when the Romans dispersed them in about 70 A.D. Israel has not been a Jewish state for almost 2,000 years. So no, it hasnt been a Jewish capital, since jews were driven everywhere else.

The people called Palestinians now have lived there for ages. They may have called themselves by many names. It dont matter what they are called now or back then. The point is, they lived there. Then suddenly, Zionist Jews moved in and started kicking them out.

Israel is in violation of loads of UN mandates. Not that it matters, hell, the US dont listen to the UN, why would Israel?

Who cares which religion came when. The point is, jews got kicked out by the Romans. the land has shifted hands back and forth, time and time again, from Arabs to Ottomans to whoever the hell else decided to take it.

Jews move in. Palestinains get shoved out. Jews bulldoze and wipe out entire palestinian villages to get one terrorist. Thier tactics have incited alot of hatred against them, and the US who supports Israel.

Israel has manipulated and manuevered in shadowy games along side its big attack dog, the US. It attacked the USS liberty with American blessing. It once sent suicide bombers to attack a british hotel to blame the attack on Muslim militants.

I do not care about your silly religous fantasies of Israel the Holy land, nor do I believe the bible to be historically accurate.

And I will not support a nation based on religious myths and such.

Holy land or not, if the US dont do something about Israel, you can bet that real terror is gonna hit sooner or later.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Oh, and heres some facts about Israel.

All you ever wanted to know about religiously sanctioned racism, but were afraid to ask

Punch Talmud into the search engine.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
And Yes, Point 8 is wrong, some of the points, including that one were taken from a coalition against terror site.

Would you like the pictures of the israeli orphans who are crying because a suicide bomber killed their parents?
Yeah sure the palestinians are oppressed...because they're on our land , why cant the numerous arab nations take them in?
Another lovely quote i found

If the middle east disarmed there would be peace..
If israel disarmed, there would be no israel left.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If the jews got kicked out by the romans...its still jewish land. Native americans were kicked out by the new americans...but they're getting their land back now. And as as for your posts about not caring that israel is a holy land try explaining that to the 16m+ Jew's worldwide who support that.

posted on Jun, 10 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Down some IDF Fighters and the israeli lobbyists in washington would have declared hunting season on the president.

So why wasn't hunting season declared on Israel, in that case? Its about time they face the political consequences of it.

Besides, since when was the US allowed to spy on the affairs of others legally and whine when they get caught?

"Mexican Army General Rafael Marcial Macedo de la Concha who heads the Procuradur�a General de la Rep�blica (Mexican Department of Justice) has released the retired Israeli Defense Forces colonel and presumed MOSSAD agent Salvador Guersson Smecke and Israeli illegal immigrant Saur Ben Zvi after both had penetrated the security of the Mexican Congress and where in possession of guns, hand grenades and explosives."

Link: www.aztlan.net...

Oh, and for your viewing pleasure:

"Then we have the frantic efforts to shift the focus of attention regarding 911 to Iraq, even though there is not a shred of solid evidence that Iraq was involved in the attacks, and that the campaign to attack Iraq is being masterminded and promoted by Israel and Israeli loyalists in the American government like Paul Wolfowitz and Richard Perle."

free.freespeech.org...

Interesting theory, eh?

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
David,

I understand that you may have a problem with Israel complying with the road map as Sharon may end up as the bad guy if more attempts at sabotaging the peace process are made. Some of your arguments are hitlerian in nature .. if you want to make people like or support Israel, just behave according to jewish moral principles. That would already be enough.

[Edited on 11-6-2003 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Me personally i have no problem with the isralies or the arabs. i think the Isrealies have been the scapegaots for the A-rabs and the Catholics. although i think the the Isrealies should stop makeing settelments in gaza and the west bank and if they get bombed thats there fault for being stuborn or how ever the hell you spell it. (go public school)
this is a classic case of the hatfields vs the mccoys. if this violence keeps up i think we should just say "F***k 'em let them wipe them selves out'' Im tired of waking up in the morning and hear that another bus was blown up or another rocket attack was launched by the IDF. but those 20 point are very good. now the only thing is to get the A-rabs to agree to them and we'd be set. but thatll never happen. it'd be nice but itll never happen. im suprised that the Isrealies have not declared war on palistine and thrown every military asset they have at them. but heres another question: How come the A-rabs are the only religion in the world that would blow them selves up for their god? what if allah doesnt want that? he or she is probally saying right now "WHAT THE # ARE DOING YOU ASSHOLES?" the ultimate irony would be these bombers blow them selves up for allah and they go to hell. now that would be funny. o well. sadly peace will never come to the middle east.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
if gore was president during the 9/11 he would of said "now mr.bin laden if you ever do that again we're gonna hit back" then he woulda used clinton's foreign policiy (once again public schools) and just lobbed a few cruise missles at them. im gald bush was president them and had the balls to act.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Is this 20 things you didnt know about Israel or 20 ways to bash Muslims and Islam?

Status of thread- failed attempt to bash Islam since Illmatic67 lurks around.

There's something else you didnt know about Israel. That it belongs to the Hebrew Israelites, not the Jews.

in 1313 b.c. there was no such thing as a "Jew". They were all Hebrew Israelite. In other words, they were all BLACK. The Jews of today are not the true children of Abraham because it's a known fact the last remnamt of Abraham's children were scattered when Rome sacked Jerusalem. So, the Jews today arent true Israelites, only descendants of Greek, Russian, and Europeans who converted to Judaism.

And if you never read the Qur'an then don't speak. Jerusalem IS mentioned in the Qur'an. And Muhammad DID go Jerusalem. And Muslims don't turn their backs towards Jerusalem. The way you said it was like they do it out of disrespect which is NOT the case. Read the Qur'an. The Prophets of the Hebrews are mentioned more than Muhammad himself is. Jesus and Moses in the Qur'an have more honor than Muhammad.

Muslims first started out praying towards Jerusalem before they even prayed towards Mecca. Put that in your little list.

Ever hear of the Night Journey? Yea, that's when Muhammad DID go to Jerusalem. Why do you think the Dome of the Rock is there for? Do you even know what it is? God took Muhammad to Jerusalem before he had Muhammad ascend to heaven, why? Because Jerusalem is God's domain.

And King David wasnt the founder of Jerusalem, he was only the Conqueror of Jerusalam. Your facts are all backwards.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I thought Muhammad did visit Jerusalem but I didn't say because I wasn't sure.

I think he was looked after by Christians and he mentions that Christians should be respected as a consequence.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The Moslem "claim" to Jerusalem is based on what is written in the Koran, which although Jerusalem is not mentioned even once, nevertheless talks (in Sura 17:1) of the "Furthest Mosque": "Glory be unto Allah who did take his servant for a journey at night from the Sacred Mosque to the Furthest Mosque." But is there any foundation to the Moslem argument that this "Furthest Mosque" (Al-Masujidi al-Aqtza) refers to what is today called the Aksa Mosque in Jerusalem? The answer is, none whatsoever.

In the days of Mohammed, who died in 632 of the Common Era, Jerusalem was a Christian city within the Byzantine Empire. Jerusalem was captured by Khalif Omar only in 638, six years after Mohammed's death. Throughout all this time there were only churches in Jerusalem, and a church stood on the Temple Mount, called the Church of Saint Mary of Justinian, built in the Byzantine architectural style.

The Aksa Mosque was built 20 years after the Dome of the Rock, which was built in 691-692 by Khalif Abd El Malik. The name "Omar Mosque" is therefore false. In or around 711, or about 80 years after Mohammed died, Malik's son, Abd El- Wahd - who ruled from 705-715 - reconstructed the Christian- Byzantine Church of St. Mary and converted it into a mosque. He left the structure as it was, a typical Byzantine "basilica" structure with a row of pillars on either side of the rectangular "ship" in the center. All he added was an onion-like dome on top of the building to make it look like a mosque. He then named it El-Aksa, so it would sound like the one mentioned in the Koran.

Therefore it is crystal clear that Mohammed could never have had this mosque in mind when he compiled the Koran, since it did not exist for another three generations after his death. Rather, as many scholars long ago established, it is logical that Mohammed intended the mosque in Mecca as the "Sacred Mosque," and the mosque in Medina as the "Furthest Mosque." So much for the Moslem claim based on the Aksa Mosque.

With this understood, it is no wonder that Mohammed issued a strict prohibition against facing Jerusalem in prayer, a practice that had been tolerated only for some months in order to lure Jews to convert to Islam. When that effort failed, Mohammed put an abrupt stop to it on February 12, 624. Jerusalem simply never held any sanctity for the Moslems themselves, but only for the Jews in their domain.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
totally WRONG

The Furthest Mosque doesnt mean Medina, it means Jerusalem. To be exact, it means the Temple of Solomon which is a mosque to the Muslims.

That's where the rock is where Muhammad ascended to heaven, it's on the temple mount. They built the Dome of the Rock over that particular rock, on temple mount.

And the reason why Muhammad had Muslims facing towards Jerusalem for a period of time was because at the time the Ka'aba was a house of pagan worship, that's why. It wasnt to lure any Jews. The Jews left Israel to go to the hard lands of Arabia just to await the arrival of the Prophet Muhammad.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
David,

According to your bible, Israel doesnt even belong to the Israelites, because they kicked the native Caananites out and moved in. So they stole the land too.

And Ilmati has a good point. The Jews today there are mostly not even genetically related to the Hebrews of the bible. Most are Khazzar decended. The Persians described the appearance of of the Hebrews as being very dark skinned, with coarse, extremely curly hair, and full lipped, which sounds more like an African, or African mixed, much like the Egyptians.

16 Million Jews? There are 6 billion people on this planet. The interests of 16 million people and thier religion should not take priority over the other billions on the planet. There are 300 million people in america, and that 4 billion we give to Israel in aid would better be spent paying off our national debt, or doing something to improve our own well being.

There is no justification for trampling over the well being and security of 300 billion just so 16 million can basically do whatever the hell they want.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join