It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Scientists baffled after mysterious "alien" corpse found in Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
OP Note* I posted this here because the cadaver was found near a nuclear power plant and considering Russia's outstanding record when it comes to nuclear safety I think it's likely to be the cause of this deformed creature rather than aliens.

So I came across this interesting story and thought I would share it here with ATS. It certainly is an ugly bugger.

Local news reports said the corpse with a "mysterious skull" was found by two residents next to the River Kovashi, on Sunday, in the Russian town of Sosnovy Bor, a town built in 1958 to serve the Leningrad Nuclear Power Plant.

Here is the video found on the story, it's in Russian so I have no idea what they're saying.

The article goes on to say they speculate it could be a deformed chicken embryo, but I think it's a little too big to be that. Then again I'm no ornithologist.

One researcher was quoted as saying: "It seems that this body is neither fish nor fowl - this creature has a mysterious skull, no neck and wings." The body was also looked at by experts from the Institute of Biophysics in Krasnoyarsk, who said it was impossible to make a quick identification.

So what does ATS think? I really have no idea what it originally should have been.

Source

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

It does resemble a chick. What about a young Dodo?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
How big is it?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I don't think they have Dodo's in Russia, at least not the avian variety.

a reply to: DeepThoughtCriminal

It looks to be about 3" or so long, judging from the video.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I don't know what it is but Steven Greer will be charging us to look at it in 4... 3... 2...

edit on 9/2/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: It's a v not a ph...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It's sometimes hard to distinguish a decomposed human corpse from anything that has the same size or form. And this little maybe devormed decomposed horse or some other animal gets labeled Alien. where's DNA testing? It's a unidentified dead lifeform that's what it is... until proporly proven.

And I think Aliens wouldn't leave there own race behind, maybe in the case of a criminal settlement...
edit on 0b27America/ChicagoWed, 02 Sep 2015 06:36:27 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 02 Sep 2015 06:36:27 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

We need a banana for scale. Definitely looks like an alien. One thing about reports from Russia, they are always 100% detailed an accurate and very little wild speculation...and yes, for those of you with no BS filter that is all tongue-in-cheek.

V

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Variable

I've seen you have done this before. A banana for scale? Does the job and a healthy snack once done.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
in another country like Ireland, their folklore accounts for those strange wee folks... they are not off world aliens but indigenous tiny persons known as Leprechauns

see: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on nd30144119355002322015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The article goes on to say they speculate it could be a deformed chicken embryo, but I think it's a little too big to be that. Then again I'm no ornithologist.

Me neither. Russia is famous for dead alien chickens, aren't they?

It was good for 10 million views before, why not?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Variable

We need a banana for scale.

Are Bananas all the same size then?

Wouldn't it be better to use an accepted measuring scale for a..well, a scale?

Looks like a deformed, aborted fetus to me...could be almost any animal, including us.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Beef jerky anyone?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

this thing literally looks like a banana peel - look at it's "leg", it looks exactly like a banana stem.

Head looks like a fish head covered in fudge.

I bet it's a banana/fish hybrid from Osiris-B? Or a poorly put together fake

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Mystery solved.

It's a chocolate covered Bananafish.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Think it was a joke

Know your Meme
edit on 2-9-2015 by H22a1Prelude because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2015 by H22a1Prelude because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I don't know what it is but Steven Greer will be charging us to look at it in 4... 3... 2...

My exact same first thought,,, does Steven Greer or Jaime Maussan have anything to do with this? Then I watched the video of a guy with a dead half formed bird embryo in a box.

lol or hoax in 4...3...2...go!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Hello! i have some experience in taxidermy and bone preparation, i see an animal that walks on all fours,
That is most likely a young mammal, maybe a dog puppy.

Oh, i need to edit, the thick lower jaw bone reminds me of a wolverine. they are amazingly strong from a young age.
edit on 2-9-2015 by solve because: wolverine?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I saw this just before logging on to ATS...I had hoped to be able to break the story

Anyway, while I can't say what it is, or was, it always amuses me that people jump straight to aliens.
With so much on this Earth undiscovered, why do you all look to space for the answers?
This question is not meant to insult or anger anyone, just to help me learn.
For the record, I am undecided on the existance of aliens, but very open minded to the posibility.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

not sure how you see anything but most likely a chicken

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
From Russian video it is nothing of interest to add. The girl says that it was still alive when found. Actually "the creature slipped into the sleeve of a local fisher". The latter was so scared that crushed poor fellow to death. In the final scene of the video the reporter addresses a professor from the the Krasnoyarsk Bio-Physical Institute. The scientist says: "well, it looks like a mutant embryo of some animal or a bird"
It is worth to note that some years ago a similar creature was found in the southern Ural. As far as I remember his name was "Alyoshenka the Handsome". I' m looking for his picture now
edit on 2-9-2015 by Boticelli because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join